Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Shutdown Backlash Is Coming Soon—With a Vengeance

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,845
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I think it is too.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    Founders Club
    Oops I just posted this tweet. Oh well, deserves own thread.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    Benito Inslee, Tojo Newsome and Adolph Brown are all in fairly unique positions in that each state has distinct geographic and cultural areas within their borders

E. Washington, E. Oregon and Central Cali are all very different mindsets from the leftist strongholds of Seattle, Portland and SF.

Not saying the residents there have huge stockpiles of weapons and munitions...Didn't say they don't either.

Either way - interesting.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,442
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This photo is coming from OJs house. The ritzy areas. Garcetti and Newsom cash cows
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It better happen soon as my employer just restructured our pay, for the duration. I’ll make about 10% less but will have stable paychecks. I think they may have taken one of the government loans but they’re holding their cards pretty tightly to their chests, so who knows.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

USMChawk said:

It better happen soon as my employer just restructured our pay, for the duration. I’ll make about 10% less but will have stable paychecks. I think they may have taken one of the government loans but they’re holding their cards pretty tightly to their chests, so who knows.

If you only see 10% and stable, you'll be lucky. Of those I know who've taken a cut, nobody was below 20%, with a few at 40%.

Hasn't hit me but it's coming soon. Very soon. This is a week to week thing now, as this game has caught up to pretty much every single business. That's why I chuckled at people who embraced this thing who were yammering about 18 months. "Hey man, we're not talking May. This thing will last 2 years!!

My response to that was that the "get your ammo" crowd would finally be vindicated in their paranoia. If this thing were dragging for 2 years you'd absolutely need to defend your home. People would start getting very desperate well before then.
    Believe me, I’m grateful it’s only 10%. Pay cuts like @SFGbob had to endure caused me some worry. I have my military retirement and VA disability so I wasn’t too worried, but still. With kids in college and trying to move, it was bad timing all around.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I'm getting paid by two companies now so that's kind of cool
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Check your Mexican Canadian privilege please
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Check your Mexican Canadian privilege please
    Build Those Walls
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,130

Benito Inslee, Tojo Newsome and Adolph Brown are all in fairly unique positions in that each state has distinct geographic and cultural areas within their borders

E. Washington, E. Oregon and Central Cali are all very different mindsets from the leftist strongholds of Seattle, Portland and SF.

Not saying the residents there have huge stockpiles of weapons and munitions...Didn't say they don't either.

Tojo was not a first name. The first name was Hideki.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Japanese naming convention superiority guy. Every bored has one.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

Matsui?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    MelloDawg said:

Like these clowns would know that.

Other than @YellowSnow