Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Miki Ah You

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
edited April 2020 in Hardcore Husky Board
If the knee holds up, this kid will be a stud. A harder hitting BBK. He’s fast, hits hard, great timing on blitzes. Watch him in space. Looks like a potential All Conference guy to me. I’m really excited about him and think he’s the best young LB we have. He was the first guy Kwat was bringing up when asked about the young LB’s and said he played fast and decisive.

I’m leading the charge about ILB no longer being a problem. Rapp was the most underrated recruit we had. Ah You is making an instant impact this year. Criminally underrated as a recruit. There were not 47 better LB’s like 247 said. There were not even 20. I’m calling it now. 3-4 year starter that makes an all conference team or two.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8849477/5a38ecb90dc0170dc83e2b69

Comments

• BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I agree. I think he was one of the most underrated players in that class.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,818 Founders Club
    Ive been on the MAY train for a while now. Others were worried about his 40 time but his film was really good looking. The BBK comparison is about right to me. I really don't know what I'm looking at on film but I remember the BBK and MAY film seemed fast and violent to me. BBK was 214 as a sophomore and MAY is 218 as a RS fr. I just wish that BBK would have had five years in the program. He wasn't able to really physically take down every offensive player decisively until his senior year. UW probably wins an extra two games with him and Welly manning the middle last year. Kid will be in the rotation this year and be a three year starter. By the time MAY is a RS junior and RS senior he will be really, really good and physically big enough to play with anybody on the field.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam
    I agree a big talent upgrade should be apparent at LB this season. I like the speed and hitting of him and Heimuli and the size of the other guys, especially Tupetala (sp?).

I'm sure everyone has watched Heimuli's highlights too, but he's an amazing, physical player. I think he could be the best running back on the roster if he wasnt such a good LB prospect.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited April 2020
    chuck said:

I agree a big talent upgrade should be apparent at LB this season. I like the speed and hitting of him and Heimuli and the size of the other guys, especially Tupetala (sp?).

I'm sure everyone has watched Heimuli's highlights too, but he's an amazing, physical player. I think he could be the best running back on the roster if he wasnt such a good LB prospect.

Heimuli looked great too. I wonder why he couldn’t get into he field at all last year. That is a slight worry to me, only because the guys in front of him were bums. From their high school film and watching Sirmon play, I can’t imagine Sirmon is actually better. Sirmon got better late in the year, but he really was worse than Manu for half the season. And by better I mean he won’t from being a terrible liability to kind of a guy out there that would make a tackle or two after a short run.

Anyways, between Ulo, Ah You, Heimuli, and Calvert (was going to play a lot last year) we should have good LB’s this year. I’m not too excited about Sirmon it Tafisi, but they are still early in their careers as well. Sirmon is just kind of a guy. Good size, but kind of soft and a step slow. Tafisi can hit but seems to lack the athleticism Ah You and Heimuli have. Both Ah You and Heimuli seem like play makers and both look like they have instincts in pass coverage and can make plays.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited April 2020

Ive been on the MAY train for a while now. Others were worried about his 40 time but his film was really good looking. The BBK comparison is about right to me. I really don't know what I'm looking at on film but I remember the BBK and MAY film seemed fast and violent to me. BBK was 214 as a sophomore and MAY is 218 as a RS fr. I just wish that BBK would have had five years in the program. He wasn't able to really physically take down every offensive player decisively until his senior year. UW probably wins an extra two games with him and Welly manning the middle last year. Kid will be in the rotation this year and be a three year starter. By the time MAY is a RS junior and RS senior he will be really, really good and physically big enough to play with anybody on the field.

He doesn’t run a 4.99. That’s a laser time for a kid that had probably never ran a 40 before. He’s a 4.7 or better kid with more importantly, instincts. He looks plenty explosive in his film. The only concern is the knee, but Kwat seemed very high on him when he spoke about him. He’s a baller. Mark my words.

In his Hudl, the first couple of plays are amazing. In the second play he beats two blocks to blow up a quick throw to a WR and throws him down for a loss.

Heimuli is getting INT’s in his film. Last year will not happen again at ILB. Bob’s misses in recruiting, combined with Eifler and Kaho leaving really hurt us. I don’t think either would have been great for us, but they surely would have been an upgrade over both Wellington and Manu. We will be pleasantly surprised and a couple of those guys will end up great players for us.

And we already have Ulo who has already shown he can play. Five games is plenty to have enough evidence a guy can play. We were so much better once Ulo played. He had one bad play where he didn’t cover Moss against Utah. Earlier in that game tho, he also forced a fumble.he was great against Oregon State, WSU, and Boise State. He made some plays against Colorado as well. He should have gotten a chance way sooner and it was political bullshit that he didn’t.

Calvert was supposedly going to play a lot if he didn’t get hurt last year. I don’t think beating out a Sirmon or Tafisi should be too hard for a couple of these guys.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    As I mentioned back in October of 2018 on his recruiting thread, let’s not forget this kid is a leader as well. Definitely someone you want in the middle of the defense.

• theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,818 Founders Club

He doesn’t run a 4.99. That’s a laser time for a kid that had probably never ran a 40 before. He’s a 4.7 or better kid with more importantly, instincts. He looks plenty explosive in his film. The only concern is the knee, but Kwat seemed very high on him when he spoke about him. He’s a baller. Mark my words.

In his Hudl, the first couple of plays are amazing. In the second play he beats two blocks to blow up a quick throw to a WR and throws him down for a loss.

Heimuli is getting INT’s in his film. Last year will not happen again at ILB. Bob’s misses in recruiting, combined with Eifler and Kaho leaving really hurt us. I don’t think either would have been great for us, but they surely would have been an upgrade over both Wellington and Manu. We will be pleasantly surprised and a couple of those guys will end up great players for us.

And we already have Ulo who has already shown he can play. Five games is plenty to have enough evidence a guy can play. We were so much better once Ulo played. He had one bad play where he didn’t cover Moss against Utah. Earlier in that game tho, he also forced a fumble.he was great against Oregon State, WSU, and Boise State. He made some plays against Colorado as well. He should have gotten a chance way sooner and it was political bullshit that he didn’t.

Calvert was supposedly going to play a lot if he didn’t get hurt last year. I don’t think beating out a Sirmon or Tafisi should be too hard for a couple of these guys.
    Heimuli came in a bit undersized and dinged up as well I think? Maybe Bob and the coaches learned from the BBK non redshirt and decided to keep him on the bench just to be sure.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,828 Swaye's Wigwam

If the knee holds up, this kid will be a stud. A harder hitting BBK. He’s fast, hits hard, great timing on blitzes. Watch him in space. Looks like a potential All Conference guy to me. I’m really excited about him and think he’s the best young LB we have. He was the first guy Kwat was bringing up when asked about the young LB’s and said he played fast and decisive.

I’m leading the charge about ILB no longer being a problem. Rapp was the most underrated recruit we had. Ah You is making an instant impact this year. Criminally underrated as a recruit. There were not 47 better LB’s like 247 said. There were not even 20. I’m calling it now. 3-4 year starter that makes an all conference team or two.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8849477/5a38ecb90dc0170dc83e2b69

As long as you’re right and he plays in the grand daddy I will no longer dislike mission trips.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,293 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tuputala did play last year, and he gets mentioned by the coaches just as much as M.A.Y.

Don’t sleep on that dude either.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited April 2020

Heimuli came in a bit undersized and dinged up as well I think? Maybe Bob and the coaches learned from the BBK non redshirt and decided to keep him on the bench just to be sure.
    Yes and yes.

Right now it’s Eddie and Jax. Calvert, if healthy, pushes Jax. as does Hemuli — who has the most upside — if he arrives healthy and can maintain ~220+.

Ah You works hard; and tries hard. Unless
    The first group slips or suffers an injury(s) Ah-You slots in behind them. Tafisi has experience — which obviously matters with Bob—and is best used in short yardage/goal line situations.

Jimmy loves Bob but won’t allow another —nor can he afford to— Manu level performance to continue.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,828 Swaye's Wigwam

As I mentioned back in October of 2018 on his recruiting thread, let’s not forget this kid is a leader as well. Definitely someone you want in the middle of the defense.

I honestly feel like if I did these I would be filled with a lot more @haie in my life.

Kudos to Hawaiians for not going on massive killing sprees because watching this gets me pumped to go kill people.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

I honestly feel like if I did these I would be filled with a lot more @haie in my life.

Kudos to Hawaiians for not going on massive killing sprees because watching this gets me pumped to go kill people.
    You don't know @haie if it blew its load in your mouth.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    We need MAY healthy and doing well ... because he's our link with a certain OL in Utah ... Same with Puka
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

animate said:

We need MAY healthy and doing well ... because he's our link with a certain OL in Utah ... Same with Puka

The Truck Stop is for TBS obsession. We need Ah You and Puka to play well to win games.
    Everyone needs to play well for us to win games.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Why did I think Tafisi went to the portal...?
    haie said:

You don't know @haie if it blew its load in your mouth.
    I hate my wife with all my heart and blow my load in her mouth... I know hate