Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Still can’t believe they beat Miami

HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,350 Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam
    It's a good thing there are only four quarters. I felt like if Miami had another half quarter of clock they would have rolled up about a three TD lead. They just didn't have enough time once they stopped tripping over their dicks.

The other way to look at it is that UW came out fired up, kicked the bully in the nuts, throat punched him, poked both of his eyes, and escaped before he had a chance to fully gather himself and crush them.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    chuck said:

It's a good thing there are only four quarters. I felt like if Miami had another half quarter of clock they would have rolled up about a three TD lead. They just didn't have enough time once they stopped tripping over their dicks.

The other way to look at it is that UW came out fired up, kicked the bully in the nuts, throat punched him, poked both of his eyes, and escaped before he had a chance to fully gather himself and crush them.

This.

I'll take it though. EMFAM
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,561 Founders Club
    chuck said:

You're forgetting one thing. The Husky Stadium crowd played a YUGE role in the first half of that game. Miami hadn't heard anything like that before.
  • WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    Those Miami teams back in the day were absolutely ridiculous. The 2001 team was probably the most talented college roster i've ever seen in my life.

Shit, they had Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee AND Frank Gore, all at the same time, that's fucking insanity.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005

Those Miami teams back in the day were absolutely ridiculous. The 2001 team was probably the most talented college roster i've ever seen in my life.

Shit, they had Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee AND Frank Gore, all at the same time, that's fucking insanity.

And Andre Johnson, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne and Jeremy Shockey.

That late 90s to about 2004 run was an unbelievable production of talent. Davis was a phenomenal recruiter ... always has been ... and as we would later learn, so was his young graduate assistant.