Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sports Classics 101, Day 13: Dawgs Beat Canes in 2000

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,250
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In the junior year loss to UCLA the DWAGS lost a TD on a shit call on Arnold for celebrating.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

In the junior year loss to UCLA the DWAGS lost a TD on a shit call on Arnold for celebrating.

In the sophomore year loss to Arizona the Dwags lost a TD on a shit holding call on somebody.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The junior year had the back to back games at Arizona and UCLA before the annual Apple Cup win. Arizona was the tough one and the DWAGS drove 80 yards in like 11 minutes to run out the 4th quarter and win the game. Roses appeared. UCLA would not be a problem

Until they were. Tui struggled at Autzen his senior year but most QBs did back then at the Thunderdome. All in all he was a money player and deserves all the accolades. He would fuck up but it did not define him like it does some quarterbacks *cough Browning cough*

Junior year he led the DWAGS over the ducks rather easily say 34-20
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We would be remiss not to mention the 300/200 game against a Kent Baer defense in 99

I can't find anyone that has matched that yet. Lamar Jackson went back to back 300/100 in a quick Google
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

In the sophomore year loss to Arizona the Dwags lost a TD on a shit holding call on somebody.
    98 was the Jenkins Leap game. I don’t remember the holding call.
  • Options

dnc said:

Yep Leap By The Lake never happens if not for the phantom flag on the long Tui TD run. I want to say Lambo settled for a FG on the drive but we may not have scored at all.

Either way that TD would have made the Leap irrelevant.
  • Options
    It was in the fourth quarter, might have been UW's final drive? Last or second to last.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

It was in the fourth quarter, might have been UW's final drive? Last or second to last.

I remember Tui coming in for a QB run a couple times, just don’t remember that specific play. Tui really should have started in 98 too. Other than the ASU game, he would have done better than Brock and would have helped the running game (which sucked) a lot.

We were one dimensional on offense in 98 and Brock was always extremely rattled from any kind of pressure.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

I remember Tui coming in for a QB run a couple times, just don’t remember that specific play. Tui really should have started in 98 too. Other than the ASU game, he would have done better than Brock and would have helped the running game (which sucked) a lot.

We were one dimensional on offense in 98 and Brock was always extremely rattled from any kind of pressure.
    Nebraska broke Brock in 1997

Not classy
  • Options

dnc said:

Brock should have gone pro after 97.

Would have been drafted higher and forced Lambo to start Tui.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,959
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Yep Leap By The Lake never happens if not for the phantom flag on the long Tui TD run. I want to say Lambo settled for a FG on the drive but we may not have scored at all.

Oh geezus I had buried the memory of the long Tui run. Dad and I celebrated for a good 5-10 seconds, thinking the game was won.

Then there was a flag way on the other side of the fucking field on a wide receiver.

Fuck. That game haunted me for years.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Probably a missed FG. Lambo's special teams were abysmal for D-1 program. Doogs cried about probation but for them to be that bad was due to his lack of attention. Holding call was bullshit.

Arizona win in '99 was fantastic. Tui had an injured hip and toughed it out. UCLA game was a fucking joke. UW (Hooks?) blocked a punt but inadvertently kicked it and somehow it ended up back in UCLA possession.
  • Options
    TommySQC said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Probably a missed FG. Lambo's special teams were abysmal for D-1 program. Doogs cried about probation but for them to be that bad was due to his lack of attention. Holding call was bullshit.

Arizona win in '99 was fantastic. Tui had an injured hip and toughed it out. UCLA game was a fucking joke. UW (Hooks?) blocked a punt but inadvertently kicked it and somehow it ended up back in UCLA possession.
    @WilburHooksHands
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TommySQC said:

I attended both of those games. Spent the week in between at my buddy's house in San Diego. Talk about thrill-of-victory-to-agony-of-defeat. I could not believe the turd we laid in Pasadena.