Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Maximum Carnage Week Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,924
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Geezus.

https://instapundit.com/

THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND:

Shot: Jim Cramer Is Surprised No One Is Buying This ‘Very Good Bank’ Amid Crash.

Celebrity stock picker and CNBC host Jim Cramer tweeted early Tuesday that First Republic is a bargain buy and he was surprised that a big broker wasn’t interested in it.

“Fear is so palpable that no one seems to want to step up and buy a very good bank like First Republic which can probably be had for one fourth of what it was worth three months ago,” he said.

“It has an amazing client base. Surprised a big broker isn’t interested.”

—Business Insider, March 14th.

Chaser: First Republic Bank Expected to be Seized by US Government.

First Republic lost more than 40 percent of its deposits, approximately $72 billion, in the first quarter of this year. Its shares sank nearly 50 percent as of end-Tuesday. This is according to a Monday announcement by the bank.

The bank has seen record drops over the past month and a half, particularly since the Silicon Valley Bank was closed in March. Multiple big banks have also struggled, however, it looks like First Republic will be falling into the hands of the US government soon.

—Watcher.Guru, today.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2023

He was first and right and his wife has giant fake tits. Hero.

I probably should resist chinning this, but I can't.

Because I'm a loyal HH degenerate.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    More good news.

Explosive New Study Finds Face Masks May Increase Stillbirths, Testicular Dysfunction, Cognitive Decline -- In Kids

BY TYLER DURDEN
    WEDNESDAY, APR 26, 2023 - 12:30 AM
    Authored by Steve Watson via Summit News,

A new study by by German researchers has concluded that face masks can cause carbon dioxide poisoning when worn even for short periods and may have contributed significantly to stillbirths when worn by pregnant women, as well as testicular dysfunction and cognitive decline in children, among other destructive health issues.

As reported by the Daily Mail, the research, published in the journal Heliyon, comprises a review of 43 previously published studies on exposure to CO2, mask-wearing, and pregnancy.

The study notes that even short-term exposure to concentrations of CO2 as low as 0.3% caused brain damage, increased anxiety, and impaired memory in both pregnant rats and young mice in one study.

In another, when male mice were exposed to 2.5 percent CO2 for four hours, testicular cells and sperm were destroyed. The equivalent amount for humans would be 0.5 percent of CO2 over the same time period.

Yet another experiment discovered that stillbirth and birth defects occurred in pregnant rats that were exposed to just 3 percent CO2, which would be equal to 0.8 percent for humans.

The study also points to research that found just five minutes of mask wearing resulted in CO2 levels increasing to between 1.4 percent and 3.2 percent.

While they note that the review provides ‘circumstantial evidence’ only, the researchers allude to a surge in stillbirths during the pandemic, saying that masks could have contributed.

Swedish researchers previously found that the stillbirth rate increased from seven per 1000 births to 21 per 1000 births after the pandemic, while a leading UK hospital saw a four-fold increase in its stillbirth rate.

“Circumstantial evidence exists that popular mask use may be related to current observations of a significant rise of 28 percent to 33 percent in stillbirths worldwide,” the German researchers asserted.

They also note that research indicates “reduced verbal, motor, and overall cognitive performance of two full standard deviations in scores in children born during the pandemic.”

Dr Kevin Bass, cell and molecular biology PhD, has a detailed thread on the study, which can be linked through to below:

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,233
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Go woke, go broke. Cities like SF and Portland ain't ever coming back. Decades of retail and commercial office building construction made worthless due to blue state governors and mayors.

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2023/04/27/you-wont-believe-the-fire-sale-price-on-this-san-francisco-high-rise-n1690782

Arguably the most beautiful big city in America looks more and more like a ghost town as San Francisco learns yet another painful real estate lesson.

The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday that a “fire sale” on the 22-story 350 California office tower could see the $300 million building sell for as little as $60 million.

The potential 80% off is because the building is 75% vacant and, according to one estimate, will require $50 million in renovations and improvements to attract new tenants.

Assuming there will be any tenants to attract.

“We’re all really on the edge of our seats to see the first office trade in San Francisco,” real estate services executive J.D. Lumpkin told the WSJ. A real estate lawyer warned the paper that the 350 California fire sale could prove “a bellwether for the value destruction in the urban office market nationally,” and not just for San Francisco’s (formerly?) ritzy Financial District.

To blame are high-cost structures based on pre-pandemic valuations, the local tech industry’s embrace of remote work, and what some people euphemistically call “quality-of-life issues.” That’s what honest people call “aggressive panhandlers, violent crime, and open-air drug sales and abuse.” Oh, and sidewalks festooned with poop and dirty syringes.

I worked in downtown San Francisco 30 years ago, and I always carried an open pack of budget-brand cigarettes to hand out to the homeless instead of cash. A cigarette would keep even the most aggressive panhandlers at bay, but these days you probably need a flame thrower.

Out of curiosity, I looked up Shaklee Terrace — now known as One Front Street — the downtown office tower where I once worked. Sure enough, it made the news just this week, and not in a good way.

San Francisco-based First Republic Bank announced Monday that it’s slashing up to a quarter of its workforce and cutting way back on the office space it leases downtown. “Real estate sources say its space in San Francisco totals 750,000 square feet,” according to Business Journals, including the “company’s biggest lease in the city” at One Front Street. First Republic leases an estimated two-thirds of the building’s office space. With San Francisco’s office vacancy rate already one of the nation’s highest at nearly 30%, First Republic’s office closures could gut whatever value is left at One Front Street.

The timing could not be worse, either.

Recommended: Steven Spielberg Slams Woke Edits to Hollywood Classics, Including His Own

According to the Journal, nearly “$80 billion worth of loans backed by U.S. office buildings come due this year,” and “most will need to be refinanced, at a time of higher interest rates and lower occupancy, threatening lenders with losses.”

Imagine you borrowed money to finance a duplex you’d rent out for extra income. Except now you can only find a single renter, and you have to re-fi the mortgage at 6%, up from 3%.

Vacancy rates were already at record levels due to overreaction during the COVID-19 pandemic. But the lousy economy and tech layoffs created a second wave of closures and sublets that flooded a market for office space that already had too much supply and rapidly shrinking demand.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Both Fow Chee and that POS Daszak have advanced degrees. Pretty phucking smart dudes funding and supporting the creation of a virus that the WHO has reported killed 7 million world wide. How come Race knows more about covid and the vaxx than these clowns?
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Both Fow Chee and that POS Daszak have advanced degrees. Pretty phucking smart dudes funding and supporting the creation of a virus that the WHO has reported killed 7 million world wide. How come Race knows more about covid and the vaxx than these clowns?
    Random musing with Mrs. LoneStarDoog while driving: in my lifetime “I’m smarter than you” has been co-opted into “I follow the rules better than you”

We’re all a bunch of trained animals
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I was promised no malarkey
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Random musing with Mrs. LoneStarDoog while driving: in my lifetime “I’m smarter than you” has been co-opted into “I follow the rules better than you”

True dat.

Mrs. Throbber v2.0 is immeasurably smarter than the Throbber book-wise.

But she is an extreme rule follower. Like drive 55, not 56 rule follower.

I'll miss her when the zombie apocalypse hits.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Bob_C said:

Have to disagree with you here. Science proved otherwise.

This is why Mello never clearly states an opinion. It would be unfortunate for him to have to be reminded of them for all tim.
    That and he's a fucking idiot unable to frame an argument.

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,941
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    thechatch said:

Wrong about everything.

Wrong about virus origin
    Wrong about masks
    Wrong about lockdowns
    Wrong about vaccines

Wrong wrong wrong wrong.

It’s ok to admit it. I’m a charitable person. If you’re my neighbor and you say, “wow I can’t believe I fell for the lies. My trust in government and the MSM is forever damaged, you’ll get quarter from me.

Call me a consiracy theorist because I didn’t swallow the bullshit and you can go fuck yourself. I don’t give a fuck about shaming people but It’s pretty simple. You were wrong, and look at where we are at as a society now. Learn from it. Grow up. You got lied to. It’s ok to swallow some pride and admit it.

You get lied to everyday. The embarrassing part is that they fell for it.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

True dat.

Mrs. Throbber v2.0 is immeasurably smarter than the Throbber book-wise.

But she is an extreme rule follower. Like drive 55, not 56 rule follower.

I'll miss her when the zombie apocalypse hits.

I’ve hidden ground up red pills in my wife’s food for the last few years, if you love your wife, you will too.