Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Maximum Carnage Week Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Libs of Tik Tok
    @libsoftiktok
    ·
    2h
    They always look the same

Source:
    @NotMikeHarlow

I feel bad for him. He looks like a heroin addict but doesn’t actually do heroin.
    I always aspired to the Greek body and mind credo, especially when you have that one chance at being young/youngish. To spend your adult hood with the body of a 12 year old girl is such a waste. It's like this dufus didn't have a real father or any actual classical education. So, we have both a physical and mentally impaired supposed able to vote American "adult". From this human failure to pajama boy, unbelievable. No wonder American male hand strength has plummeted.
    That American male hand strength is probably strong these days. They sure as hell aren’t getting girls.

I wouldn’t know hand strength anyways. That boomer firm grip handshake stuff was long gone even before Covid. It’s a knuckle tap 90% when I meet someone new.
    Wait what
    Top paragraph was a masturbation joke.

Second paragraph was commenting on the old adage of having a firm handshake. It used to be considered very important. I still shake hands sometimes, but it’s rare.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Libs of Tik Tok
    @libsoftiktok
    ·
    2h
    They always look the same

Source:
    @NotMikeHarlow

I feel bad for him. He looks like a heroin addict but doesn’t actually do heroin.
    I always aspired to the Greek body and mind credo, especially when you have that one chance at being young/youngish. To spend your adult hood with the body of a 12 year old girl is such a waste. It's like this dufus didn't have a real father or any actual classical education. So, we have both a physical and mentally impaired supposed able to vote American "adult". From this human failure to pajama boy, unbelievable. No wonder American male hand strength has plummeted.
    That American male hand strength is probably strong these days. They sure as hell aren’t getting girls.

I wouldn’t know hand strength anyways. That boomer firm grip handshake stuff was long gone even before Covid. It’s a knuckle tap 90% when I meet someone new.
    Wait what
    Top paragraph was a masturbation joke.

Second paragraph was commenting on the old adage of having a firm handshake. It used to be considered very important. I still shake hands sometimes, but it’s rare.
    I don't think it's rare at all
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bringing out the oldies but goodies

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,021
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Here is some more information on the leftards' masking policy which none of the Tug leftards will either read or understand. When I hear the dem party is the party of science what I hear is that leftards lie and love to be lied to. Finally, toss in the negatives of having to wear a mask.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/pointless-drive-make-masks-great-again

Ample Reason to Doubt Masks' Value
    Most public and media discussion of mask policy reflects a foundational assumption that may well be false—namely, that widespread, all-purpose mask-wearing has had any meaningful impact on slowing the spread.

Intuition tells us covering our faces must be worthwhile. After all, if the virus is emitted from our noses and mouths, covering those openings has to make a big difference, right?

That gut feeling misleads us, though, because we tend to only think of the virus in terms of visible, tangible droplets masks can absorb. Indeed, the initial scientific consensus held that Covid-19 was exclusively transmitted by droplets, prompting the emphasis on distancing six feet from each other—room enough for gravity to pull those droplets out of the air.

That exclusive-droplet-transmission consensus proved wrong. We now know Covid-19 is spread to a great extent via aerosols—a term that describes particles so small they can easily float along in the air, traveling well beyond six feet. Even that description fails to convey how unfathomably small Covid-19 viral particles actually are—and why masks are a mismatch.

How small are they? As little as 20 nanometers. That means the "material gaps in blue surgical masks are up to 1,000 times"” as large as a Covid-19 viral particle, according to Colin Axon, who has advised the UK’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE).

Gaps in typical cloth masks can be 5,000 times the size…to say nothing of all that air that’s merely redirected past masks’ edges when we exhale.

A Tale of Two Countries
    While the comparative virus and mask dimensions give one pause, they merely form the basis of a reasonable hypothesis that masks do little to inhibit the mobility of viral particles. What really counts is observed results in the real world—and what we’ve observed should sow creeping doubt in even the most fervent masking advocate.

"All around the world you can look at mask mandates and superimpose on infection rates, you cannot see that mask mandates made any effect whatsoever," said Axon to The Telegraph.

While there are many illustrations of that conclusion, perhaps none is more vivid than a comparison of Sweden—which, as a society, never went all-in on masking—and Germany, whose government in January went beyond merely requiring "face coverings" and mandated the use of medical-grade masks.

Despite Sweden’s sharply lower use of masks—and a much more relaxed approach in general—the country’s 12-month experience is essentially indistinguishable from what’s observed in Germany. Rather, one sees a force of nature taking its seasonal course.

"The best thing you can say about any mask is that any positive effect they do have is too small to be measured," said Axon, a Brunel University (London) lecturer in engineering who notes that "when the particle enters another body, it returns to a biomedical issue, but the mask debate is about the particle journey," where his knowledge applies.

Meanwhile, the United Kingdom’s experience delivers a one-two punch. First, there’s no indication the imposition of mask mandates slowed transmission, which marched along in seasonal fashion. Second, the recent reopening of the country and lifting of mask mandates amusingly coincided with the beginning of a steep reversal of the summer surge in cases.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Imagine thinking “college educated” is a useful phrase
    In most cases, "college educated" = negative education. The dazzler has a hypothetical law degree and an imaginary MBA and I wouldn't ask him what color the sky was. The Slobberer is almost as bad but then he doesn't have hypothetical and imaginary degrees.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

If Covid is over all we have let is the dementia patient that Mello voted for in the White House

I think Covid will be with us always - at least thru the mid terms. There is no political price for the democrats to pay on it. We? went from blaming the president to blaming governors as soon as Joe took office

Now - some of us have said from day 1 it was a state issue and we? have been right. Its why Newsom is facing a recall. He'll win and that's as close as any democrat got to paying a price

I dare any Biden voter to tell me the difference between Biden and Trump on covid. Blaming the president for a virus is retarded and always has been but if that's the game they played we might as well see it through

Biden is killing Americans
    As I have wondered many tims, what if COVID hadn't broken 9 months before a presidential election. I think the response would have been much different. Then again, weº don't deal in hypotheticals.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    His plan all along, if he is to be believed.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

If Covid is over all we have let is the dementia patient that Mello voted for in the White House

I think Covid will be with us always - at least thru the mid terms. There is no political price for the democrats to pay on it. We? went from blaming the president to blaming governors as soon as Joe took office

Now - some of us have said from day 1 it was a state issue and we? have been right. Its why Newsom is facing a recall. He'll win and that's as close as any democrat got to paying a price

I dare any Biden voter to tell me the difference between Biden and Trump on covid. Blaming the president for a virus is retarded and always has been but if that's the game they played we might as well see it through

Biden is killing Americans
    The big difference is that Trump told America to live. Biden and the left told America to hide and be afraid. Trump got the vaccines developed. Trump told us the virus came from the chicoms and defunded WHO. Cho Bai Den kowtowed to the commies and then refunded WHO. Trump got the vid and the MSM went on death watch. Like 4 days later Trump was back to a regular schedule. Biden has never been on a regular schedule. Ever. You can see the difference here on the Tug about who is scared to live and those who aren't.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Delta Breeze Grandpappy Doogles raved about was an omen.