Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Questioning my own assumptions

GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
Per WA DOH, https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus Confirmed Cases / Deaths by Age

Age Group Percent of Cases Percent of Deaths
0-19 2% 0%
20-39 27% 1%
40-59 34% 7%
60-79 26% 38%
80+ 10% 55%
Unknown 1% 0%
I'd been relying on the high communicability figure of COVID. It's the "fact" that seems to have varied the least over time. However, looking at 0-19 cohort having only 2% of cases, yet also a group that spends huge amounts of time in close contact with others, maybe it isn't as contagious.

Or, perhaps, they just don't get symptoms worthy of testing, and I was even righter, as I always tend to be.

Comments

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,360
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Yep, way more immunity out there than anyone realizes. 90% sure I had this back in late January. I want my gold star to carry on.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    School age kids would be an interesting group for pseudo-random antibody testing.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,344
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

School age kids would be an interesting group for pseudo-random antibody testing.

For STD's or the Covid?

Whynotboth.gif?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Oh, another thing I was right about, the adverse outcomes of mass amounts of kids out of school and possibly unsupervised will be greater than the risk of in-school COVID exposure.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,157
    Founders Club
    I’m hearing all the amazon delivery strikers are about to get replaced with 13yos on bikes
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,001
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Oh, another thing I was right about, the adverse outcomes of mass amounts of kids out of school and possibly unsupervised will be greater than the risk of in-school COVID exposure.

They shut down playgrounds here, which actually does make some sense.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Is N95 Mask Shaming a thing down there yet? It is in Seattle. The Most Nukeable city in the US.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 2020

Is N95 Mask Shaming a thing down there yet? It is in Seattle. The Most Nukeable city in the US.
    I was in Fry's (supermarket) and about 35 percent have masks. I don't own a mask and I'm not going to buy one.

• Options
    edited April 2020

I was in Fry's (supermarket) and about 35 percent have masks. I don't own a mask and I'm not going to buy one.
    The long distance woman I was screwing who lives somewhere in SW WA wore some ridiculous mask with Indian feathers on it to the store. She scoffed when I suggested her daughter could have a couple of friends over for the birfday party. How careless of me. Even Jay allows that.
    When the country is 50 million short, or something like that, it's really important for ugly, unattractive Seattle people with bad teeth and breath to lecture people wearing a mask about how doctors need them all and wearing one is killing someone else's loved one.

Yes. This City has people that fucking Stupid.
  • Options
    Founders Club

The long distance woman I was screwing who lives somewhere in SW WA wore some ridiculous mask with Indian feathers on it to the store. She scoffed when I suggested her daughter could have a couple of friends over for the birfday party. How careless of me. Even Jay allows that.
    When the country is 50 million short, or something like that, it's really important for ugly, unattractive Seattle people with bad teeth and breath to lecture people wearing a mask about how doctors need them all and wearing one is killing someone else's loved one.

Yes. This City has people that fucking Stupid.
    I can't stand what Seattle has become. It was okay when I was a kid decades ago. As stupid as people are here (three turned left as a fire truck was coming the other day), it still beats Seattle.

Masks supposedly slow the spread. But since there are wildly variable numbers on this and the media and politicians lie constantly, who knows what the real numbers are. Some cuntries only count COVID deaths when it's the sole cause. I trust them. I won't cough or sneeze on people. How about that?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Most hospitals have supplies. Most hospitals are dead and laying off people or furloughing them. The wave is coming. Just like it was supposed to come last week. Or maybe it'll be next week. Oh, it never came? Well thank god Governor KOMO or Governor Inslee flattened the curve. What heros. It WOULD have come and people WOULD HAVE DIED.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    At least we're tallying accurate numbers so that we can learn from the pandemic.

As of this writing, there are 7,810 deaths in the United States attributed to the pandemic. More than 7,000 Americans die every single day, on average, of everything. Over the course of this pandemic, this has amounted to a noticeable but still mild uptick above that average over the course of it. Add to that the directive from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to count any death tangentially related to COVID-19, and you have to wonder if that number actually holds. That directive reads, “COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death.” (The emphasis in bolding is theirs.)
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,555
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2020
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,360
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2020
    Well never get the truth on any of this. Would be super interesting to know of the people that have contracted, did they also have a recent flu shot etc. obviously it would wouldn’t have directly healed anyone, but the combination of regular flu plus corona probably isn’t great and worse than either assuming only one or the other. Does the flu get a similar method of score keeping in a regular year? The numbers are never going to get sorted through I’m sure.
  • Options
    It's not a bad idea. Germany and the Czechs are doing it and it seems to be helping. I always have a bunch of N95s cause I do a lot of dusty shit on the weekends, sometimes, and a box of 10 or 20 is way cheaper per mask than 3 at a time.

Somehow I don't think I'm paralyzing Harborview's ability to treat patients by wearing one, but Seattle's dumbasses on Nextdoor and Facebook say I'm the Devil.

Is it any wonder Seattle's population reads so many books? Social Retards love to Read, cause they can't socialize for shit.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,562
    Complaining about the refs now?

Scoreboard baby!
  • Options

The Throbber picked up a mask so he can operate behind progressive lines when hell breaks looks. Practicing my AAAARRGGHH!! MEAN ORANGE MAN! screams if needed.

• Options
    edited April 2020

It's not a bad idea. Germany and the Czechs are doing it and it seems to be helping. I always have a bunch of N95s cause I do a lot of dusty shit on the weekends, sometimes, and a box of 10 or 20 is way cheaper per mask than 3 at a time.

Somehow I don't think I'm paralyzing Harborview's ability to treat patients by wearing one, but Seattle's dumbasses on Nextdoor and Facebook say I'm the Devil.

Is it any wonder Seattle's population reads so many books? Social Retards love to Read, cause they can't socialize for shit.

What is Harborview's occupancy rate right now, by the way?

Has there been any disclosure of beds occupied?

Axing for a fren. Honest inquiry - too lazy to search it.

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

I found a box of 15 in my earthquake kit and they are staying with us.