Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Good story on UW's new strength and conditioning coach.

2»

Comments

• poc81poc81 Member Posts: 219
    topdawgnc said:

poc81 said:

I want the 0.5 star recruit from wenatchee who lost a leg in vietnam….

Messicans are fast ... even with one leg.
    True??????!?!!!!!111
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    You can't coach speed.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991

Wait until Ivan gets ahold of him ;)

=))

Wait until Ivan gets ahold of him ;)

=))

Where did nupedawg go?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    @TierbsHsotBoobs - I agree with you. The BS doesn't mean anything and fuck off-season championships. That said, LIPO: Petersen has a track record and it's interesting to read about the new coaches.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    How's his HGH hookup?

Does he maintain a steady supply of clean male urine?

These are things I must know before making a fair assessment.
  • Passion said:

Speed, speed, speed!

Players working out harder than ever this summer!

I think I'll take Petersen's word.
    Unless Kim starts ripping on his recruiting then you'll go to ripping on Petersen's word.

I'm a fan of Petersen but can we nip it in the butt already on "best offseason we've ever had, guys are working harder than ever, just wait til he gets in the weight room with Socha!"

We've heard this worn out story time and time again. I'm excited because Petersen is a proven winner but spare me this nonsense please.

This belongs on Doogman not here.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited December 2013
    It's mind boggling how stupid and hypocritical some people are on this site.

Posting a comment from Greg Biggins that in 2014 and 2015 Petersen is forced with the challenge of building relationships with kids that he hadn't previously recruited, because boise state had no shot at getting them = "ripping." But you and the other idiots tell me to LIFPO.

Then Petersen makes a claim that his strength and conditioning coach has demonstrated success at making players faster, and you all but call him a liar, saying it's bullshit that we've all heard before. Well, I agree the "great offseason" stuff has been hot air the past several years at UW, but we have not heard it from Petersen before.

I guess somebody needs to identify the issues where the old farts think it's Ok to call Petersen a liar, vs. those where we all just need to let it play out.
    Passion said:

Posting a comment from Greg Biggins that in 2014 and 2015 Petersen is forced with the challenge of building relationships with kids that he hadn't previously recruited, because boise state had no shot at getting them = "ripping." But you and the other idiots tell me to LIFPO.

Then Petersen makes a claim that his strength and conditioning coach has demonstrated success at making players faster, and you all but call him a liar, saying it's bullshit that we've all heard before. Well, I agree the "great offseason" stuff has been hot air the past several years at UW, but we have not heard it from Petersen before.

I guess somebody needs to identify the issues where the old farts think it's Ok to call Petersen a liar, vs. those where we all just need to let it play out.

Who called Petersen a lair? You really don't get it. Have you PMd IrishDawg?
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    edited December 2013

Passion said:

Petersen said his strength and conditioning coach had made players faster. People here said it was nonsense. WTF do you call it?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    The ageism that certain posters love to engage in is quite hurtful
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,074
    edited December 2013
    Passion said:

Two things:

1. Was speed a problem here the last few years?

2. I have some basic background in track - sprints to be specific. You can get faster, on the margin, by improving things that need improvement: be at optimal weight, improve flexibility, plyos will improve explosiveness, and there are some other things. One thing you can't improve, which is the most basic building block of speed - that is, the most important variable between human beings that makes some faster than others - is quick twitch muscle mass. The overall envelope from which you draw to run fast cannot be made bigger without drugs.

So I come back to this: sure, it's great to hear about yet another S&C coach who can do this or that. As a part-time Miami fan (Irvin's Theorum at work yet again), I hear this all the time too. This guy is going to make us lean and fast again. This guy is going to make our fat D linemen explosive, blah blah blah.

I don't think the issue here was Ivan. And I don't think Washington needs to focus on getting faster. I think we are a pretty damn fast team myself.

I think what Washington needs, desperately, are (1) to develop its O line, (2) to find more D linemen and get a decent rotation going so we don't get ass plungered in the 4th, (3) to learn to play with discipline and cut down on dumb penalties, and (4) probably most important, to develop the next guy up under center, because our former coach's and doogman crew's favorite punching bag is about to play his last game as a husky.

Speed dev, to the extent it really happens at all, is just not the priority at UW. We're a fast team now.

Passion said:

Passion said:

Petersen said his strength and conditioning coach had made players faster. People here said it was nonsense. WTF do you call it?
    Wow. Just wow. You're not new, so I assume you just don't pay attention

Passion said:

Two things:

2. I have some basic background in track - sprints to be specific. You can get faster, on the margin, by improving things that need improvement: be at optimal weight, improve flexibility, plyos will improve explosiveness, and there are some other things. One thing you can't improve, which is the most basic building block of speed - that is, the most important variable between human beings that makes some faster than others - is quick twitch muscle mass. The overall envelope from which you draw to run fast cannot be made bigger without drugs.

So I come back to this: sure, it's great to hear about yet another S&C coach who can do this or that. As a part-time Miami fan (Irvin's Theorum at work yet again), I hear this all the time too. This guy is going to make us lean and fast again. This guy is going to make our fat D linemen explosive, blah blah blah.

I don't think the issue here was Ivan. And I don't think Washington needs to focus on getting faster. I think we are a pretty damn fast team myself.

I think what Washington needs, desperately, are (1) to develop its O line, (2) to find more D linemen and get a decent rotation going so we don't get ass plungered in the 4th, (3) to learn to play with discipline and cut down on dumb penalties, and (4) probably most important, to develop the next guy up under center, because our former coach's and doogman crew's favorite punching bag is about to play his last game as a husky.

Speed dev, to the extent it really happens at all, is just not the priority at UW. We're a fast team now.

To be clear, you can absolutely coach speed and those that say you can't are dumbfucks.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    He's no Trent Greener.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Passion said:

Passion said:

Speed, speed, speed!

Players working out harder than ever this summer!

I think I'll take Petersen's word.
    Just like you took Ty's word and Sark's word.

That's the joke.
    Yah, right manboobs. I was a ty and sark fan. Whatever your fat, saggy titted ass wants to believe is fine with me.
    buuuurn!

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    poc81 said:

I want the 0.5 star recruit from wenatchee who lost a leg in vietnam….

not a dry eye in the house when he gets his first carry.

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Passion said:

Two things:

unfortunately they removed the track from Husky Stadium so your poast, although well crafted (albeit tequilla long), is simply one year late.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,841 Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion, when was the last time you heard a head coach say his strength and conditioning coach is "OK, but I'm not really sure he makes guys stronger or faster."

Come on, man.