Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sweet 16 Drama / Historical / Make Believe: #1 Game of Thrones vs #5 StarTrek TNG

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Sweet 16 Drama / Historical / Make Believe: #1 Game of Thrones vs #5 StarTrek TNG 35 votes

#1 Game of Thrones
77%
DerekJohnsonCFetters_Nacho_LoverRaceBannonSwayejecornelRoadDawg55Mad_SonUWhuskytskeetYouKnowItchuckdfleabiak1DoogleshaieBad_MotherDuckerhuskyhooliganspudeninsinceredawgPitchfork51Ice_Holmvik 27 votes
#5 StarTrek TNG
22%
ThomasFremontGladstonedncwhatshouldicareaboutDoog_de_JourtheknowledgeBleachedAnusDawg1to392831weretaken 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,158
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Game of Thrones

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #5 StarTrek TNG
    There's nosediving, then there's the last two season of GoT. There's just no recovering from that sort of thing.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,917
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    #1 Game of Thrones

There's nosediving, then there's the last two season of GoT. There's just no recovering from that sort of thing.

I never did watch past episode 1 of season 6.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #5 StarTrek TNG

I never did watch past episode 1 of season 6.
    There should be a requirement for sitting this one out if that's the case...
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    #5 StarTrek TNG
    Never watched either, but am firmly anti-medieval anything. Renaissance fairs are nerdier than Trekkie-fests.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Game of Thrones

Never watched either, but am firmly anti-medieval anything. Renaissance fairs are nerdier than Trekkie-fests.

@BearsWiin ??
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Game of Thrones

Suprised Gladdy likes Star Trek more than GOT. I thought he was the biggest GOT fan here.

Have you met @Gladstone ? I have.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    #1 Game of Thrones

Suprised Gladdy likes Star Trek more than GOT. I thought he was the biggest GOT fan here.

Have you met @Gladstone ? I have.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Game of Thrones
    Pole is closed. GoT 27-8 over Trek Noyds.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited April 2020
    #5 StarTrek TNG

Heh. I'll contend that Game of Thrones seasons 1-4 are the greatest slices of TV in history. They ran out of book material in season 5 and fell off a cliff. The last two seasons are some of the worst you'll ever see, retroactively ruining all that came before it. That matters.

Treat season 4 as the true finale until (lol, as if) George finishes the books. Think about it (spoilers):

• Stannis saved the seven kingdoms from the 100k wildling invasion. They haven't completely ruined his book character by making him a villain for no reason at this point, when in the books he has one of the greatest heel-->face turns ever when he shows up to save the day at the wall. "Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne." Stannis pointed north. "There is where I'll find the enemy I was born to fight."

• ⁠Arya and Tyrion set sail to start new lives across the sea.

• ⁠Brienne would continue to search for the Stark girls across the 7 kingdoms.

• ⁠Bronn got his nice big castle.

• ⁠Jon helped save the wall and will probably serve as the new commander of the Nights Watch.

• ⁠Jaime is back in Kings Landing and is content to serve as kingsguard to Tommen.

• ⁠Cersei is still Cersei, plotting against her enemies.

• ⁠Sansa started a new life in the vale, safe from the Lannisters.

• ⁠Danaerys settled down in Mereen or Yunkai or whatever looking to marry Dario after ending the slave trade.

• ⁠Dorne?

• ⁠Euron Greyjoy and the Iron Islands? Nope
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Game of Thrones
    The show should've ended right after the red wedding. Cut to credits and make the audience think the Lannisters permenantly secured the throne.

That would have been some Diablo I level immortality and a giant fuck off to shitty LOTR/Harry Potter story arcs.