Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

So I’m watching Pulp Fiction

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
I’m seen it many times. But I’m noticing things. (Steve bescumi?).

So a great scene is were Tarantino chews out tuff guy Samuel Jackson for bringing the dead guy over. Tarantino’s wife is coming home in 90 minutes off the graveyard shift. So it’s probable 7 am or so. They call the a wolf, who is in a tux and having a party with lots of people all dressed up in is house. Who in the fuck is in a tux with a big group of dressed up people in his house at 7 am? His tux is on neat. Like he just put it on. One might suggest they are pushing through, but everyone appears to be fresh. Keitel is sober. Enjoying the gourmet coffee. The Jules and Vincent go to breakfast. And why does Jules eat his muffin in tiny crumbs rather than bites?

What is going on here?

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fucked up the title. Mods?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,858
    They shoot Ol' Yeller at the end.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,490
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m seen it many times. But I’m noticing things. (Steve bescumi?).

So a great scene is were Tarantino chews out tuff guy Samuel Jackson for bringing the dead guy over. Tarantino’s wife is coming home in 90 minutes off the graveyard shift. So it’s probable 7 am or so. They call the a wolf, who is in a tux and having a party with lots of people all dressed up in is house. Who in the fuck is in a tux with a big group of dressed up people in his house at 7 am? His tux is on neat. Like he just put it on. One might suggest they are pushing through, but everyone appears to be fresh. Keitel is sober. Enjoying the gourmet coffee. The Jules and Vincent go to breakfast. And why does Jules eat his muffin in tiny crumbs rather than bites?

What is going on here?

That is easily the best scene in the movie. The whole theme of heaven versus hell illustrates, through that scene, that regardless of what side you're on, there are underlings that have to deal with tedious shit and fuckups and that everyone has to deal with accountability.

It's the counterpart to Vincent getting to go on a date with the wife of the boss, while the guy who simply rubbed her feet was murdered.

Also Vincent who is in both scenes gets off'd randomly out of pure circumstance in the end.

The whole thing was Tarantino wanting a gang film and a commentary without it being about race or anything else that would take away from the core themes of the film.