Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Breaking News: Hardcore Husky Favorite TV Show Tournament is NOT cancelled

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,005
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
After careful consultation with public health officials and Governor Inslee’s office, YellowSnow’s Record Shoppe has decided to proceed with a 32 team tournament of Hardcore Husky’s Favorite TV Shows. Shows receiving bids and seedings were determined primary based on your nominations here - https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/65861/your-10-most-favorite-tv-shows-of-all-time/p1 - so in no way should this be considered a definitive list of the GOAT TV shows, but rather our? favorites. Also, I’d like to make a special shout our to resident arts and culture bracketologist @Doog_de_Jour who helped immensely with creation of these brackets. Voting starts later today or tomorrow AM at the latest.

**Note- we’re old school and low fi at my Shoppe so you won’t see the same level of professional bracket displays that a @Gladstone or @UW_Doog_Bot would offer. Those guys are smart at computers n’ stuff and I’m not. Plus, I must have the most fire-walled work computer of all time which hate free bracket sites. It’s a miracle I am even able to post on this shit hole. FUCK OFF. **

Comedy / Satire
1- Southpark
8- Archer
4- Arrested Development
5- All in The Family
3- The Office
6- Trailer Park Boys
2- The Simpsons
7- Rick and Morty

Comedy / Sitcoms / Soaps
1- Seinfeld
8- Dynasty
4- Curb Your Enthusiasm
5- Always Sunny in Philadelphia
3- Cheers
6- Dukes of Hazzard
2- King of The Hill
7- Dallas

Crime
1- The Sopranos
8- Unsolved Mysteries
4- True Detective
5- Dexter
3- The Wire
6- Billions
2- Breaking Bad
7- Ray Donovan

Drama / Historical / Make Believe
1- Game of Thrones
8- Downton Abbey
4- Rome
5- Star Trek TNG
3- Deadwood
6- X Files
2- Mad Men
7- Lost

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    With the second wave coming?
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Good deal.

I’m actually self isolating watching some old dvr’ed Duke boys(before CMT got PC and cancelled the show) and EATIG PYOEPES HICENKC.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I looked at this list and I guess I am not much of a TV fan. That means my list has none of the ones that made these lists. There are only 3 shows that I have seen.

My question: Should I recuse myself so it won't be like our local and national elections?*

*people vote who don't know anything about what they vote for
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,922
    Who do I get to rain down the full force and fury of The Throbber's biting commentary with regards to the brackets ala the Country-Western poles?

#ladyfuckingantebellum
    #seriously?

#neverforget
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

I looked at this list and I guess I am not much of a TV fan. That means my list has none of the ones that made these lists. There are only 3 shows that I have seen.

My question: Should I recuse myself so it won't be like our local and national elections?*

*people vote who don't know anything about what they vote for

Wow. Is it still black and white with just 3 channel down there in Mabel?
    I got pissed off at local network TV many years ago. I just don't watch it. I will watch obscure channels but do not get involved in most series. Don't pay for most premium channels, streaming services, etc.
    I watch a bunch of sports and political channels. they did not make the cut in this competition
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,005
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I'm sure it was covered but what's the justification for leaving Chappelle Show out of this bitch?

We left out stuff like SNL, Chappelle show, Johnny Carson, etc.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

I'm sure it was covered but what's the justification for leaving Chappelle Show out of this bitch?

We left out stuff like SNL, Chappelle show, Johnny Carson, etc.
    Deserves owen?
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I am very excited about this
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Don’t like the Dexter/True Detective matchup. Dexter was on for 8 season, 4 or 5 of them really good. True Detective has 8 good episodes. 2nd season sucked and I quit watching and I haven’t tried watching the 3rd.

You should watch season 3, it's very good. Not S1 level, but far far far better than S2.