Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Doogie's latest charts

DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
Nice job social distancing, folks. We aren't Italy or New York

We'll be back to normal by mid-may at the latest in the pnw.

First round is on me.

Comments

• Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The version the media would show you to scare you

Note how the gray line going way up is scary?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I don’t know if we can fully conclude the direction of things but they are looking promising

Clearly there are some testing backlog issues in the data at this point
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Pacific, Wahkiakum, Pend Oreille, Asotin, and Garfield still with 0 identified cases.

Planning on moving out to Pomeroy before the real estate market there skyrockets.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,879
    edited March 2020
    Tequilla said:

I don’t know if we can fully conclude the direction of things but they are looking promising

Some?!? The data is ridiculously skewed toward death as intended. The cumulative charts are meant to instill fear and uncertainty.

The numbers I've heard coming back are showing, of those tested, 90% are coming back negative. Zero, zip, nada. That's not being publicized at all. It drives up the denominator which drives down the mortality rate.

As noted, there are entire counties with 0 identified cases. And in other more populous counties like Spokane, the numbers are marginal at best - 54 cases out of a population of 514,681 (2018 est) = 0.01% infectious rate. 10 per 100,000. That's statistically a rounding error. Zero deaths.

Doesn't mean those can't change over the next couple weeks - my own internal recalibration date is April 6 - that's two weeks from last Monday. Given the new developments with the anti-malarial cocktails, the rate of mortality should start decreasing at an increasing rate.

LIFPO while the leftists cheer every time COVID hits a three.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,445
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is from this morning
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    but it's not the flu! It's more contagious!

You can't reason with people.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

Some?!? The data is ridiculously skewed toward death as intended. The cumulative charts are meant to instill fear and uncertainty.

The numbers I've heard coming back are showing, of those tested, 90% are coming back negative. Zero, zip, nada. That's not being publicized at all. It drives up the denominator which drives down the mortality rate.

As noted, there are entire counties with 0 identified cases. And in other more populous counties like Spokane, the numbers are marginal at best - 54 cases out of a population of 514,681 (2018 est) = 0.01% infectious rate. 10 per 100,000. That's statistically a rounding error. Zero deaths.

Doesn't mean those can't change over the next couple weeks - my own internal recalibration date is April 6 - that's two weeks from last Monday. Given the new developments with the anti-malarial cocktails, the rate of mortality should start decreasing at an increasing rate.

I was right, as I always tend to be.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

I agreed with you as I recall
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

I agreed with you as I recall
    You always tend to agree with me.
  • Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

but is Lake Alice doing take out?
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Tequilla said:

It's about the number of tests. We were supposed to have 3 million last week. And a million the week before that. We'd have accurate numbers if that was the case and obviously the death rate would plummet.

The backlog depends on who's doing the test. UW Virology (WOOF) has been caught up every single day. Some other private companies are shit and I've heard of people waiting 10 days for their results. Their results suggest we're doing a decent job at slowing the rate too.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

It's about the number of tests. We were supposed to have 3 million last week. And a million the week before that. We'd have accurate numbers if that was the case and obviously the death rate would plummet.

The backlog depends on who's doing the test. UW Virology (WOOF) has been caught up every single day. Some other private companies are shit and I've heard of people waiting 10 days for their results. Their results suggest we're doing a decent job at slowing the rate too.

At this point, tests are more of a waste of time unless you are bed ridden ill. Given the false positives and also that 9 out of 10 that think they have it, don't.

Just gotta stay on lockdown for another couple weeks. That's the only thing that will slow the death rate to a trickle.

I believe the real fear with this virus is that it will mutate and put everyone back to square one. And obviously it thrives in areas like New York and Seattle where everyone is on top of each other. The same with Italy.

But Trump is right. There's no need for areas that have little cases or deaths to continue to act as if they are New York. Spokane should certainly have it's lights turned back on by Easter if their numbers remain low.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,999
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

At this point, tests are more of a waste of time unless you are bed ridden ill. Given the false positives and also that 9 out of 10 that think they have it, don't.

Just gotta stay on lockdown for another couple weeks. That's the only thing that will slow the death rate to a trickle.

I believe the real fear with this virus is that it will mutate and put everyone back to square one. And obviously it thrives in areas like New York and Seattle where everyone is on top of each other. The same with Italy.

But Trump is right. There's no need for areas that have little cases or deaths to continue to act as if they are New York. Spokane should certainly have it's lights turned back on by Easter if their numbers remain low.
    It's FS that the bar owner out in Hoquiam has to shut down operations for the same amount of tim as the bar owner down the street from that ground zero old folks home.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,879

Tequilla said:

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

Correct - the tests are an absolute waste other than it drives the denominator. If a person tests negative for the COVID one minute, they could pick it up 15 minutes later.

It's stupid to test unless there are symptoms. People don't all of a sudden go and get ultrasound if they had sex last night to determine pregnancy. Same here. Incredibly stupid to waste time and resources 'testing' for the fuck of it other than it debunks the sky-is-falling-worse-Spanish-flu narrative.