Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In THIS economy?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    He's a nice player. Played for BRoy's AAU team as I recall. A bit of an attitude but that's fine. At least he has a pulse unlike a couple of Hop's last name recruits.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,894
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Reading the story, it sounds likeWichita instituted a rule partway through the season where if you made a mistake, you were immediately benched. Stevenson said that's why he left and it sounds like other guys are leaving too.

What a dumbfuck move by the coach
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Big get. He didn’t have a great shooting year at WSU, but he is a shooter that can create on his own. Definitely necessary when we have an offense that doesn’t create.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020

Reading the story, it sounds likeWichita instituted a rule partway through the season where if you made a mistake, you were immediately benched. Stevenson said that's why he left and it sounds like other guys are leaving too.

He definitely lost the team considering most of the team are transferring.

Might be a case of a good coach’s ego getting too big and treating players like they are disposable. See Chip Kelly as another example.

Stevenson is a type we have been missing for awhile. Attitude, opposing fans will hate, etc. We have had lifeless players for awhile. When watching Pritchard this year, I was wondering when we would have a guy opponents will hate. Stevenson has a different game but some similar attributes besides the fact they are both white.

Streaky shooting, combo guards with attitude are a good thing. Wish we had a team of them surrounding Stewart. We might have been good. Instead we had tools guys that play with no heart and aren’t actually good like Wright, Bey, and obviously McDaniels.

Stevenson, Tsohonis, Battle, Bey, and Jackson Grant is a decent core. Need Nate Roberts, BPJ to develop and a couple more recruits tho.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245

Might be a case of a good coach’s ego getting too big and treating players like they are disposable. See Chip Kelly as another example.

Stevenson is a type we have been missing for awhile. Attitude, opposing fans will hate, etc. We have had lifeless players for awhile. When watching Pritchard this year, I was wondering when we would have a guy opponents will hate. Stevenson has a different game but some similar attributes besides the fact they are both white.

Streaky shooting, combo guards with attitude are a good thing. Wish we had a team of them surrounding Stewart. We might have been good. Instead we had tools guys that play with no heart and aren’t actually good like Wright, Bey, and obviously McDaniels.

Stevenson, Tsohonis, Battle, Bey, and Jackson Grant is a decent core. Need Nate Roberts, BPJ to develop and a couple more recruits tho.
    I really wanted him out of HS. Love his game.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

This. We have not had a cocky, brat-faced white guy shooter in modern UW history. I hope this guy turns into a stud because I want to have a guy that every other team's fans hate instead of guys our own fan's hate. Also, lifeless is a perfect description of the entire roster sans Stewart.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Hopefully that core involves an academically eligible Green and J’raan Brooks is more than depth.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

This. We have not had a cocky, brat-faced white guy shooter in modern UW history. I hope this guy turns into a stud because I want to have a guy that every other team's fans hate instead of guys our own fan's hate. Also, lifeless is a perfect description of the entire roster sans Stewart.
    Why do you hate Appleby?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Why do you hate Appleby?
    HRYK
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Why do you hate Appleby?
    https://youtu.be/uBgf6eaxMUU
    It's a blackeye for Oregon IMO.

Between Kimmy and cheswick the takes that night were legendary.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Appleby is hard to hate because he did nothing but shoot. He doesn’t yell after and one’s because he never had any. Appleby had no game except shooting. He coaches guards now and while you don’t have to be a good player to coach and train, what can he show them about ball handling, getting into the lane, and making plays?
  • Options

Appleby is hard to hate because he did nothing but shoot. He doesn’t yell after and one’s because he never had any. Appleby had no game except shooting. He coaches guards now and while you don’t have to be a good player to coach and train, what can he show them about ball handling, getting into the lane, and making plays?

Disagree. He was easy to hate because he was goofy looking with his hobbit hair flopping everywhere and his pasty white/bright red skin.

He was a smack talker too. I remember him popping his jersey at the UCLA students after UW came back from like 18 down at the half there. Back when UCLA mattered.

Not to mention UW.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Why do you hate Appleby?
    Because he wasn't cocky, wasnt a stud (especially later in his career), and got pushed around. He was fine, but definitely not the kind of player I'm talking about.