Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

These Icelanders skip the hot springs for ice baths

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I prefer my baths like my Icelandic women. Hot.

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

I hate to break it to you but I dont think she’s scandanavian
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,601
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The lagoon is solid. Big fan.

The swim up bars were excellent. Restaurant food? meh....

Iceland Air has old 757's in their fleet. We had engine problems in the way to Amsterdam. We descended into Scotland in like 20 minutes. Stuck for 2.5 days. They got us a hotel room and a piece of bread. A part was shipped twice because there was no part in the first box.
    I wonder why we were delayed three hours and testing one engine the whole time while we waited and watched.
    Not sure Iceland Air is in my future again. But with only 10 years left I'm skipping out international travel anyways!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    jecornel said:

The lagoon is solid. Big fan.

The swim up bars were excellent. Restaurant food? meh....

Iceland Air has old 757's in their fleet. We had engine problems in the way to Amsterdam. We descended into Scotland in like 20 minutes. Stuck for 2.5 days. They got us a hotel room and a piece of bread. A part was shipped twice because there was no part in the first box.
    I wonder why we were delayed three hours and testing one engine the whole time while we waited and watched.
    Not sure Iceland Air is in my future again. But with only 10 years left I'm skipping out international travel anyways!

Boeing is too important to fail!!!!!!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

The Blue Lagoon in Iceland is pretty cool. Swim up bars where one can buy copious amounts of alcohol and weird mud shit that apparently has therapeutic powers. Downside, never seen so many Chinese in my life.

They were fucking everywhere. Annoying packs of people. Not racist, don't twist - culturally I honestly don't think they are aware of how annoying and oblivious they are to the personal space of others. I think it's because they live in such density they are used to bumping into people and disrupting other's space. The Throbber got a point in airports during one trip where he'd level a forearm shiver to approaching Chinese.

One thing that's funny about Asian flight etiquette vs ours is that they generally all try to rush off the plane w/o waiting for the aisle in front of you. Mrs Yella has used the 6'2" post player skills to block their exit strategy on a number of occasions. It's great comedy watch.
    I don't care if you're a 76 year old in a walker, you try to line jump the Throbber de-planing you're going to get Ricky Mahorn'd.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

The Blue Lagoon in Iceland is pretty cool. Swim up bars where one can buy copious amounts of alcohol and weird mud shit that apparently has therapeutic powers. Downside, never seen so many Chinese in my life.

They were fucking everywhere. Annoying packs of people. Not racist, don't twist - culturally I honestly don't think they are aware of how annoying and oblivious they are to the personal space of others. I think it's because they live in such density they are used to bumping into people and disrupting other's space. The Throbber got a point in airports during one trip where he'd level a forearm shiver to approaching Chinese.

One thing that's funny about Asian flight etiquette vs ours is that they generally all try to rush off the plane w/o waiting for the aisle in front of you. Mrs Yella has used the 6'2" post player skills to block their exit strategy on a number of occasions. It's great comedy watch.
    I don't care if you're a 76 year old in a walker, you try to line jump the Throbber de-planing you're going to get Ricky Mahorn'd.

You'd definitely appreciate the skill set. She's like the female Bill Laimbeer on planes.

Don't get any ideas. I don't swing.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

You'd definitely appreciate the skill set. She's like the female Bill Laimbeer on planes.

Don't get any ideas. I don't swing.
    I don't care if YOU do.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I hate to break it to you but I dont think she’s scandanavian
    Low lighting always makes you look Chinese. What I heard anyway.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Isn't Iceland full of inbred horny weirdos

Not that I have an issue with that
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Chinned for Mahorn'd