Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Waste of Breath

AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,972
After watching Petersen get hired and the ensuing meltdown and idiotic debate over whether he should have retained the previous staff (I'm guilty of still holding out a small hope for Tui for obvious legacy reasons), can we put to rest that Petersen already is the best coach we've seen in 20 years? The staff he's assembling (especially if Tedford rumors are true) is heads above our young, "energetic", disorganized, and ill-prepared staff of yore. Save me the recruiting BS as we were "in" on many 4 & 5 star recruits who never signed. Developing players for the NFL and winning recruits 4 & 5 stars to UW. If I'm a player looking at this staff, I'm feeling pretty good. If Tedford joins and I'm a QB, you tell me a better place to learn the craft with Tedford and Petersen? So, I join the chorus and say, Fuck Off, Fuck You, Fuck Me, Fuck Everyone... Especially you TBS whiners.

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,384 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2013
    Not convinced about Tedford coaching the QB's.....Cal had a QB controversy every year it seemed and to say that position underperformed would be an understatement.

Hell.....they had Aaron Rodgers and his numbers were very pedestrian.

Now as an OC...I'm on board with that. I think he can call a good game but gets sidetracked as a position coach.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    15 games. Win or GTFO
  • AEB said:

After watching Petersen get hired and the ensuing meltdown and idiotic debate over whether he should have retained the previous staff (I'm guilty of still holding out a small hope for Tui for obvious legacy reasons), can we put to rest that Petersen already is the best coach we've seen in 20 years? The staff he's assembling (especially if Tedford rumors are true) is heads above our young, "energetic", disorganized, and ill-prepared staff of yore. Save me the recruiting BS as we were "in" on many 4 & 5 star recruits who never signed. Developing players for the NFL and winning recruits 4 & 5 stars to UW. If I'm a player looking at this staff, I'm feeling pretty good. If Tedford joins and I'm a QB, you tell me a better place to learn the craft with Tedford and Petersen? So, I join the chorus and say, Fuck Off, Fuck You, Fuck Me, Fuck Everyone... Especially you TBS whiners.

Tacoma Baptist School?

Walker Williams Hates you back.

• AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,972
    Agreed partly regarding the Cal comments. His overall work at Oregon and Fresno State however was pretty good. Recall Nate Longshore was to take over for Rodgers. First game of the year against Sac State breaks his ankle. Never really recovered. That absolutely screwed up the depth at the position. Did a good job with Reggie Robertson who Rodgers replaced. If you ask Rodgers, Tedford was instrumental in his development.

As an OC, I'm with you. Tedford was a HC for 10 years and crushed it financially. He may be happy running the O, making decent money, and not having all of the other responsibilities.

AEB said:

Tacoma Baptist School?

Walker Williams Hates you back.

Thank Sark, Hopscotch.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Can't really crown him best of the past 20 years without having coached 1 practice but I will say I am very optimistic.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,157 Founders Club
    AEB said:

Can't really crown him best of the past 20 years without having coached 1 practice but I will say I am very optimistic.

I guess I agree, but it's more a statement (with the exception of Rick) of how incompetent our coaching has been. The fact he's already working for UW and not vacationing or Free Pub'ing himself for personal accolades is enough for me.

This
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

15 games. Win or GTFO

We will play 14 games next year. Do you really need to see the opener of 2015 before making up your mind?

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    HuskyJW said:

Not convinced about Tedford coaching the QB's.....Cal had a QB controversy every year it seemed and to say that position underperformed would be an understatement.

Now as an OC...I'm on board with that. I think he can call a good game but gets sidetracked as a position coach.

Dumbass! Did you notice the qb's under Tedford at UO and CAL? The most fundamentally prepared qb's of any school in the country. Perfect mechanics. One qb graduates, a clone took his place. One after another.
  • 79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 714 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'd be on board with that.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

HuskyJW said:

Dumbass! Did you notice the qb's under Tedford at UO and CAL? The most fundamentally prepared qb's of any school in the country. Perfect mechanics. One qb graduates, a clone took his place. One after another.
    Ayoob!
  • DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230

• trackertracker Member Posts: 866

Since I don't know, I'll ask.
    Tedford brings a wealth of experience.
    Does he still have the drive and energy to coach and recruit?
    He seemed kind of burned-out his last few years at Cal.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940

15 games. Win or GTFO

We will play 14 games next year. Do you really need to see the opener of 2015 before making up your mind?

Pac-12 Championship and then first round of the College Football Playoffs. Don't need to see the Championship game cuz 15-0 is pretty much 16-0.

Book it. 2014 will be special.
    Where can I buy the T-shirt?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,725 Swaye's Wigwam
    uw2010 said:

15 games. Win or GTFO

Pac-12 Championship and then first round of the College Football Playoffs. Don't need to see the Championship game cuz 15-0 is pretty much 16-0.

Book it. 2014 will be special.
    Where can I buy the T-shirt?
    They'll be right next to the GAMEDAY CHAMPIONS shirts from the Stanford game
  • LevelParLevelPar Member Posts: 447
    AEB said:

You forgot "Fuck Your Face"
  • AEB said:

I guess I agree, but it's more a statement (with the exception of Rick) of how incompetent our coaching has been. The fact he's already working for UW and not vacationing or Free Pub'ing himself for personal accolades is enough for me.

For the life of me I'll never understand why one media member never called Seven out on that even if as revisionist history. He always received a free pass for that.

AEB said:

For the life of me I'll never understand why one media member never called Seven out on that even if as revisionist history. He always received a free pass for that.
    It's total fucking bullshit that Ty and Sark pulled that.