Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Not what I have been hearing

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Being the tallest midget is nothing to brag about.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

It's not good to brag, but it's something else to point out that the self-loathing MSM has been calling out the USA for being so awful in its handling of this crisis when that's largely not true.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,851
    salemcoog said:

Expecting the government to provide for your every need isn't tall people shit either!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2020
    Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

Expecting the government to provide for your every need isn't tall people shit either!
    Says the dude with the public pension.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A free people cannot co-exist with a non free people when it comes to pandemics. Our right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is getting has been ass fucked by Chi Coms.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gold medalist in the Special Olympics is a poor brag.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Being prepared to handle something and the actual execution of handling something are two different things.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sorry to interject a little positive news here

Can we get back to wanting to be like China now?
  • Options

But that’s like saying I am the most prepared for a fire because I have 10 fire extinguishers and 1 can of gasoline. When the fire breaks out and I throw the gas on it, the preparation was only half the picture.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

But that’s like saying I am the most prepared for a fire because I have 10 fire extinguishers and 1 can of gasoline. When the fire breaks out and I throw the gas on it, the preparation was only half the picture.
    As of today where is the fire?

The ultimate big government in the world started this shit and let it spread around the world then found willing idiots to blame the USA

Not this American

As of today the US is in a better position to respond and responded early on travel restrictions.

If I am supposed to be surprised that our local state and federal governments tend to be incompetent I am not

I'm also not willing to give them any more control of our economy or healthcare
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    By the way we could get rid of the president and I'd be fine with it. Make everyone else have to do their job

If we're going to have one I'll still take Trump over Biden

But I don't think he can do much more than he is doing now which is mainly political

People don't like him trying to get back to work. They do like him signing trillion dollar spending bills

I'm in the minority as usual
  • Options

As of today where is the fire?

The ultimate big government in the world started this shit and let it spread around the world then found willing idiots to blame the USA

Not this American

As of today the US is in a better position to respond and responded early on travel restrictions.

If I am supposed to be surprised that our local state and federal governments tend to be incompetent I am not

I'm also not willing to give them any more control of our economy or healthcare
    It could have been an overpowered analogy, but I think communication and messaging have been mishandled and I think testing has been mishandled. As Whindler said, early wide-spread testing avoids a complete lockdown that is decimating small business and those that depend on it. For many, that is the fire. This is also not an orange man bad post, there is plenty of blame to go around.
    We brothers @WilburHooksHands . We can disagree and it seems like a slight difference anyway

😍
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Yeah like the CDC telling Trump they were prepared. One of every Republicans pronlem is they should have fired the top 20 staff of every department and made the interview for their jobs back.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yeah like the CDC telling Trump they were prepared. One of every Republicans pronlem is they should have fired the top 20 staff of every department and made the interview for their jobs back.

We had this discussion in 2001 about W.

In particular the State Department
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Reno = The Butcher of Waco
    Trump = The Murderer of Kirkland
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,851
    salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

salemcoog said:

Says the dude with the public pension.
    Yes, part of the deal. Otherwise I'd have worked public sector for more money. Purple aren't lining up for the job anymore. Starting to have to offer comparative payas well. How much pay do you want to run to the gunfire, fatal collision, dead body, murder victim, rape victim, child molestation, bank robbery, high stored pursuit, family disturbance, man with a knife, crazy person, homeless person etc etc etc

I wanted a pension and good benefits. They offered them.

Why then should your employer pay and give what you agreed to and signed contacts for?