Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NCAA cancels 2020 Football Season

2»

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,144
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Shit will start getting back to normal pretty soon. Trump seems to be getting a little restless. Not sure how much that has to do with CFB, but it kind of sets the tone for the whole country.

I think much of it depends on New York City showing signs of improvement. As soon as it does, the push to jump start the economy will begin.
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Can’t have the fall feeling like the other shit sports months on the calendar. Gotta believe CFB will be back, and back on schedule.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This fall could have baseball playoffs, the NBA playoffs, college and pro football, the Masters, the other majors and the Ryder Cup all at about the same time.

Too bad we'll be doing 80 hours weeks to clear the backlog of postponed projects
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited March 2020
    Beno4Life said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Shit will start getting back to normal pretty soon. Trump seems to be getting a little restless. Not sure how much that has to do with CFB, but it kind of sets the tone for the whole country.

Took China over 2 months to get their shit under control and they took more restrictive measures than US. You are too optimistic.
    China also has greater population density than we do and worse health care. And of course less tim to prepare.

We *should* handle this better than China.
    Are you not seeing what's happening in New York right now? Our president and his administration care more about stock buybacks than saving peoples' lives and getting this shit under control.

You're right: We're not China or S. Korea. Those places were prepared for this shit cause of SARS/MERS and communist draconian measures.

All this to say, I give us less than 50/50 odds we play Michigan Sept. 5, 2020.
    Agree with your odds.

And I didn't say we will or are handling this better than China. I said we should.

High expectations are what this bored is all about.

I'm in LIFPO mode.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020

This fall could have baseball playoffs, the NBA playoffs, college and pro football, the Masters, the other majors and the Ryder Cup all at about the same time.

Too bad we'll be doing 80 hours weeks to clear the backlog of postponed projects

They will get basketball done by Summer or cancelled. Too many conflicting TV contracts to fit that all in. They are already saying June. Cuban even says May.
  • Options

They will get basketball done by Summer or cancelled. Too many conflicting TV contracts to fit that all in. They are already saying June. Cuban even says May.
    TSIO
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Took China over 2 months to get their shit under control and they took more restrictive measures than US. You are too optimistic.
    China also has greater population density than we do and worse health care. And of course less tim to prepare.

are you sure?
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Beno4Life said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Are you not seeing what's happening in New York right now? Our president and his administration care more about stock buybacks than saving peoples' lives and getting this shit under control.

You're right: We're not China or S. Korea. Those places were prepared for this shit cause of SARS/MERS and communist draconian measures.

Christ.

This is possibly the most misinformed shit I have read since SARS, I mean the bird flew, I mean, MERS evolved.

Stay safe, bruh.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Correct odds, but the rest suggests your a fucking idiot.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I’d set out as well if in other leagues, why risk it?? SEC will play, may have to just play to the SEC championship if no one else wants to knock heads. But that winner will be NC either way. So don’t really matter. Winner will be crowned SEC champ, NC champ and Corona champ.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
  • Options
    FireCohen said:

dnc said:

FireCohen said:

are you sure?
    You can't read.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,900

April 6 is the get back to normal or get fucked date.

The Throbber set that day himself because The Throbber is smart AF - but it's about 2 1/2 weeks since this shit show started and Americans aren't going to surrender their lifestyle and liberties without some fucking explanations and expectations being set.

We? are not a people who take kindly to being told what to do by authority. You feel me King George III?

There's still time for spring futball in the best case scenario.