Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

When does the public get sick of the quarantines?

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,993
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
I'm saying sometime between April 5th and 10th, they say fuck it. A lot of people are losing a ton of money. They're sick of fighting with white trash and ghetto hoarders for toilet paper, paper towels, or steaks (I know I am) or seeing Karens tell them how bad it is on social media.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Been on the two week bandwagon.

So that puts it about within your window.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,396
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I'm saying sometime between April 5th and 10th, they say fuck it. A lot of people are losing a ton of money. They're sick of fighting with white trash and ghetto hoarders for toilet paper, paper towels, or steaks (I know I am) or seeing Karens tell them how bad it is on social media.

When did Betty get replaced by Karen? Nancy seems like a good one too.
  • Options

When did Betty get replaced by Karen? Nancy seems like a good one too.
    Nancy's tits sagged. She's out.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Snow Day novelty wears off this weekend
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,294
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Snow Day novelty wears off this weekend

It wore off a week ago.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,547
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Working at home was fun when not everyone was doing it. Also no road trips to jobsites to break it up.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,559
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

whlinder said:

I went to Seattle two weeks ago Sunday through Wednesday. My VA county closed schools the next day (Thursday). Yesterday school was cancelled for the year across VA and they shut non-essential businesses for 30 days.
    With what we know now about the local caseload here and the caseload in Seattle I would not have an issue flying there and having the same meetings this week. Nothing is orders of magnitude riskier than it was 2 weeks ago.

At first I thought the county closing schools was an overreaction, but it appears to have been the right decision to close that early on. I don't agree with killing the entire year, especially when school goes until early June.

I'm happy to socially distance for a month to keep people from dying, but once you get past that I think you start to wonder what the point is. Especially if it makes you broke. It turns into a "what's the meaning of life" analysis pretty quick, and those at risk of dying got to enjoy their best years pandemic and economic depression free, which those of us in our best years lose those to a quarantine and subsequent depression which allows those at risk of dying to not die for a couple more years.

There is an inherent risk of bad stuff happening every single day. Cowering in a cave for a year doesn't remove all risk anyway.

Sure would be nice if we had sufficient testing, cleaning supplies and a system to quarantine and track those who are infected. Plus more medical capacity.

The big takeaway from all this is how utterly unprepared we are as a country to effectively deal with pandemic scares. Whether it's Pearl Harbor, 9/11, or COVID-19 we? always seem to get caught with our pants down. Hopefully, our bonehead pols learn the necessary lessons. I won't hold my breath.
    What makes me angry is that we toss billions and billions of dollars at government agencies every year who's job is to plan and prepare for just this kind of event and they fuck it up. This is why you constitute a Federal Government.

So much this. CDC worrying about political agenda shit and didn't do their primary job. Same as it ever was with government bureaucracy. No amount of additional funding will cure that.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,604
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

whlinder said:

I went to Seattle two weeks ago Sunday through Wednesday. My VA county closed schools the next day (Thursday). Yesterday school was cancelled for the year across VA and they shut non-essential businesses for 30 days.
    With what we know now about the local caseload here and the caseload in Seattle I would not have an issue flying there and having the same meetings this week. Nothing is orders of magnitude riskier than it was 2 weeks ago.

At first I thought the county closing schools was an overreaction, but it appears to have been the right decision to close that early on. I don't agree with killing the entire year, especially when school goes until early June.

I'm happy to socially distance for a month to keep people from dying, but once you get past that I think you start to wonder what the point is. Especially if it makes you broke. It turns into a "what's the meaning of life" analysis pretty quick, and those at risk of dying got to enjoy their best years pandemic and economic depression free, which those of us in our best years lose those to a quarantine and subsequent depression which allows those at risk of dying to not die for a couple more years.

There is an inherent risk of bad stuff happening every single day. Cowering in a cave for a year doesn't remove all risk anyway.

Sure would be nice if we had sufficient testing, cleaning supplies and a system to quarantine and track those who are infected. Plus more medical capacity.

The big takeaway from all this is how utterly unprepared we are as a country to effectively deal with pandemic scares. Whether it's Pearl Harbor, 9/11, or COVID-19 we? always seem to get caught with our pants down. Hopefully, our bonehead pols learn the necessary lessons. I won't hold my breath.
    We'll obviously still be unprepared since they want trannies, abortions and elecctric airplanes all funded.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,757
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

SFGbob said:

whlinder said:

What makes me angry is that we toss billions and billions of dollars at government agencies every year who's job is to plan and prepare for just this kind of event and they fuck it up. This is why you constitute a Federal Government.

As Bismark allegedly once said, "God has a speshial providence for fools, drunkards and the United States of America". Name me a period on our nation's history where the Federal Government hasn't been incompetent on a variety of challenges. We suck and yet somehow remain "exceptional" in spite of it.
    Dude is definitely a wordsmith.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    salemcoog said:

SFGbob said:

whlinder said:

As Bismark allegedly once said, "God has a speshial providence for fools, drunkards and the United States of America". Name me a period on our nation's history where the Federal Government hasn't been incompetent on a variety of challenges. We suck and yet somehow remain "exceptional" in spite of it.
    Dude is definitely a wordsmith.

OOYBE
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,576
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    damn - when I quit work because they wouldn't let me work from home I felt like I was unique. Now everyone is sitting at home doing home owner/lazy day/Mr. Mom stuff.

Nothing has changed for me but everyone else is pissed, I don't get it.
  • Options

whlinder said:

Well said

Its the lack of discussion or public input and the speed of the destruction of the economy that concerns me most

They did it this time they will do it again.

I’ll agree to the extent they will do it again. Whether it’s another pandemic or some other threat, I do think this current situation will be analyzed and enhanced for the next time.

However, if this thing turns out to be a bad cold, the next time the public won’t be so compliant. It’s the boy who cried wolf syndrome - which is why, if “they” have one lick of sense will end this thing as quickly as possible.

I already have pointed out the CDC failing to update the number of actual cases (now in the tens of thousands) as doing so accurately will distort the mortality rate to such a low number, people won’t tolerate this foolishness at the risk of a total meltdown of their economic well-being and ability to provide for their families.

Yesterday’s bullshit in the Senate, Nancy Pelosi’s blatant earmarking to advance her political agenda and the members of Congress who made a mint off insider information must never be forgotten nor left unpunished.