Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• skookumskookum Member Posts: 447
    Wildcat, nobody knows how to defend it

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    skookum said:

The name Wildcat for direct-snap formations comes from the LaCenter Wildcats.

People forget that.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam

skookum said:

People forget that.
    People never knew that to start with.

LaCenter grew up a lot in the past couple of decades.. I was in HS when they moved up from B classification and joined our league. They were the one guaranteed win for us in every sport. Not the case anymore.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

skookum said:

People forget that.
    People never knew that to start with.

LaCenter grew up a lot in the past couple of decades.. I was in HS when they moved up from B classification and joined our league. They were the one guaranteed win for us in every sport. Not the case anymore.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970203440104574405322525530870

LaCenter had a state record for consecutive losses at one point I think.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727

Next staring qb at us will be Huard

This the correct answer.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope Sirmon proves everyone wrong and emerges as the clear starter next year. He's had the most experience in the program, has the intangibles, and most importantly, would act as the natural progression to Huard. Sirmon starts his RS soph and Jr year, goes pro... Huard steps in after getting a RS year.

Not gonna happen but would be the ideal situation.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,561 Founders Club

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope Sirmon proves everyone wrong and emerges as the clear starter next year. He's had the most experience in the program, has the intangibles, and most importantly, would act as the natural progression to Huard. Sirmon starts his RS soph and Jr year, goes pro... Huard steps in after getting a RS year.

I can't see a scenario where Huard redshirts.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,216

What intangibles?

How can someone write an article about any of the QB's entering as the clear favorite when spring ball is cancelled? Did they play Sirmon in a game of Madden online?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    In these times you need to start a black QB. Preferably Muslim.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,561 Founders Club

In these times you need to start a black QB. Preferably Muslim.

Be a better poster.

Besides a strong arm, how does he have the intangibles?
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Tangibles: Arm strength, foot speed, agility, height, weight, dick length, other things that can be measured with a tape measure or stopwatch or open mouth.

Intangibles: Intuition, intelligence, leadership, ability to read a defense, ability to check into the right play, ability to avoid herpes whilst slaying poon, real coach on the field, the kind of guy you want in the locker room, the kind of quarterback you want your daughter to marry or at least get rimmed by.

Okay, now we're all on the same page.

I've seen nothing of Sirmon but a Hudl reel and like three plays of backup duty, but he appears loaded with tangibles and, by all accounts, may lack the intangibles.

What about inflammable and flammable though?