Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
    Who said it's like the flu? It's interesting the total lack of interest in dealing with the chicoms on this issue. Most likely escaped from the Wuhan bio lab. The chicoms covered up the initial outbreak. But apparently, it's a Tug PhD problem. The Italians who are bought and paid for by the Chicoms and refused to deal with the influx of Chinese into northern Italy. The Tug PhDs fully supported Trump's ban on Chinese entering the US. We have also heavily criticized the CDCs supposedly elite MDs who phu*cked up the testing and also apparently left our national hospital system woefully unprepared for a pandemic with a growing shortage of masks, hazard gear and ventilators. In 1952 there were 21,000 cases of paralytic polio. The nation didn't shut down. There are 3,000 motor vehicle deaths in the US a month. Ban cars? Crippling the national economy and destroying hundreds of thousands of small businesses leaving millions unemployed does have consequences.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club

Who said it's like the flu? It's interesting the total lack of interest in dealing with the chicoms on this issue. Most likely escaped from the Wuhan bio lab. The chicoms covered up the initial outbreak. But apparently, it's a Tug PhD problem. The Italians who are bought and paid for by the Chicoms and refused to deal with the influx of Chinese into northern Italy. The Tug PhDs fully supported Trump's ban on Chinese entering the US. We have also heavily criticized the CDCs supposedly elite MDs who phu*cked up the testing and also apparently left our national hospital system woefully unprepared for a pandemic with a growing shortage of masks, hazard gear and ventilators. In 1952 there were 21,000 cases of paralytic polio. The nation didn't shut down. There are 3,000 motor vehicle deaths in the US a month. Ban cars? Crippling the national economy and destroying hundreds of thousands of small businesses leaving millions unemployed does have consequences.

Automobile accidents are not contagious disease. Fucking Christ.

Of course Italy is more vulnerable to us for a variety of factors, love of Chi Com tourism dollars among them. But still it’s overwhelming there system in the way that flu doesn’t not, which is what we’re trying to prevent here.

I don’t know if if the economic misery will have been worth it or not. I’m leaning towards not being worth it.

But anyone here who thinks they can predict how this all plays out is full of shit.
    You don't have to drive. It's a decision that may result in you dying. It's exactly the same. One thing we can predict is the economic misery that 4 weeks of closure will cost. You don't need to shut the whole phu*cking thing down. Play the numbers. People over 65 should be the ones that should be self-quarantining or sheltering in place. But, dealing with reality isn't something that bureaucrats do very well. If everybody suffers, then nobody suffers is like a mantra with these people.

You don't have to drive. It's a decision that may result in you dying. It's exactly the same. One thing we can predict is the economic misery that 4 weeks of closure will cost. You don't need to shut the whole phu*cking thing down. Play the numbers. People over 65 should be the ones that should be self-quarantining or sheltering in place. But, dealing with reality isn't something that bureaucrats do very well. If everybody suffers, then nobody suffers is like a mantra with these people.

Driving is a terrible analogy. Car accidents don’t flood the hospitals all at once. And furthermore, It was already clear that there was going to be a lot of economic pain regardless of what the government mandated in terms of social distancing.

Fortune 500 American was shutting down all corporate travel before anyone made them. I wish we could have tried to figure out a way to just keep the olds at home but corporate America already said thumbs down to that. The government edicts were fait accompli.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

Of course Italy is more vulnerable to us for a variety of factors, love of Chi Com tourism dollars among them. But still it’s overwhelming there system in the way that flu doesn’t not, which is what we’re trying to prevent here.

I don’t know if if the economic misery will have been worth it or not. I’m leaning towards not being worth it.

But anyone here who thinks they can predict how this all plays out is full of shit.
    We predict everything on this bored. You knew here? That would be a yes, relatively speaking.

Of course the economic misery isn't worth granny and her 5 prexisting conditions or fat Bob and his 40 year smoking habit.

And I work in an industry that is seeing growth because of this.

You have a 2 year old. I have a 2 month old. You've been a massive fucking pussy the past couple days. Go dig into that mountain of tp in your apartment and tide the pants shitting buddy.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

When you’re a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Lock down retirement and nursing homes. Anyone over 65 stay home. People would rush help to them. Government, charity and churches would fall all over themselves to help the elderly. Rather than carpet bomb the economy, put resources where they make the most impact. The elderly and immune compromised should be cared for and they need to be responsible for themselves as well. Closing the fucking GM plant in Detroit is way overboard.

It’s that we have an acceptable risk tolerance baked into everything. Driving, flu, swimming in the ocean, etc. We could reduce flu deaths and cases dramatically. We could reduce car deaths dramatically. In our minds we don’t believe the cost of what it would reduce flu deaths or automobile deaths is worth the lose of economic activity and freedom. H1N1 infected 66 million, killed 12-15,000 and we didn’t miss a beat. As with most government responses to panic, I’m sure this will be another on the pile where the cure was worse than the disease. I don’t know for sure, but in the history of my life it’s played out over and over. “But THIS time it’s different” I guess we’ll see, but in my lifetime all I’ve seen from the media and government is bullshit and their track record is terrible.
    I agree on all the points above. Fuck if I had my druthers we’d yank half the driver’s licenses in this cuntry but that another topic.

Humans are completely irrational when it comes to risk. All the virtue signaling social distancers I know are the same kids who bike their kids to daycare on busy streets with construction and busses. Doesn’t seem logical.

All I’m saying, is that this time it could be different. Just because H1N1 or killer bees didn’t pan out, doesn’t mean that’s always gonna hold true.

It’s that we have an acceptable risk tolerance baked into everything. Driving, flu, swimming in the ocean, etc. We could reduce flu deaths and cases dramatically. We could reduce car deaths dramatically. In our minds we don’t believe the cost of what it would reduce flu deaths or automobile deaths is worth the lose of economic activity and freedom. H1N1 infected 66 million, killed 12-15,000 and we didn’t miss a beat. As with most government responses to panic, I’m sure this will be another on the pile where the cure was worse than the disease. I don’t know for sure, but in the history of my life it’s played out over and over. “But THIS time it’s different” I guess we’ll see, but in my lifetime all I’ve seen from the media and government is bullshit and their track record is terrible.
    I agree on all the points above. Fuck if I had my druthers we’d yank half the driver’s licenses in this cuntry but that another topic.

Humans are completely irrational when it comes to risk. All the virtue signaling social distancers I know are the same kids who bike their kids to daycare on busy streets with construction and busses. Doesn’t seem logical.

All I’m saying, is that this time it could be different. Just because H1N1 or killer bees didn’t pan out, doesn’t mean that’s always gonna hold true.
    Add 1000 more things in my lifetime that didn’t pan out. Hell, when I was a kid a giant glass of OJ was recommended as a great start to every day and eggs were evil. The government said so!

Add 1000 more things in my lifetime that didn’t pan out. Hell, when I was a kid a giant glass of OJ was recommended as a great start to every day and eggs were evil. The government said so!
    I’m gonna go fix myself a screwdriver. I love OJ.
    Lemonade and bourbon is my new phase.

2 parts Wild Turkey
    1 part simple syrup
    1 part fresh squeezed lemon juice

Enjoy and prosper.

2 parts Wild Turkey
    1 part simple syrup

Enjoy and prosper.
    No simple syrup for me. I’m paleo.

2 parts Wild Turkey
    1 part simple syrup

Enjoy and prosper.
    No simple syrup for me. I’m paleo.
    You drink diet lemonade then?
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

That's a good drink.

Funny that. My old room mate used to make the same damn simple thing. We named it after him. Bourbon ala Frates.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,353 Founders Club
    haie said:

We predict everything on this bored. You knew here? That would be a yes, relatively speaking.

Of course the economic misery isn't worth granny and her 5 prexisting conditions or fat Bob and his 40 year smoking habit.

And I work in an industry that is seeing growth because of this.

You have a 2 year old. I have a 2 month old. You've been a massive fucking pussy the past couple days. Go dig into that mountain of tp in your apartment and tide the pants shitting buddy.
    Yella has a nice home in Seattle. Baze and I went there last summer to listen to his awesome vinyl record collection.