Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Correct me if I'm wrong

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
edited December 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
But I don't think it is likely anyone gets in trouble for the Tosh situation. I don't think anyone has any doubt that Tosh did it, but it is basically Tosh's word against Davis' word. I highly doubt the $4500 came out of Tosh's bank account, so there is going to be a sketchy paper trail. I know Davis' has records of depositing $3000 and we all know where it came from, but it will be very hard to have concrete evidence it came from Tosh. Unless they dig up other shit, I will be surprised if something comes out of it.

This is a smaller scale Cam Newton situation. It's obvious shit happened, but won't be proven. Tosh will skate to Arkansas or somewhere else, nothing will happen to Sark, and obviously nothing will happen to UW. It's a boring time of the year, so this story is getting hyped, but I bet it passes over soon.

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    I want tosh to go down so I can be right.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    This has legs.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    RoadDawg wants to see the money.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    wonder if the Ram has surveillance cameras that may have captured a certain recruiter walking in with a paper bag?
  • RoadDawg's is loyal to his Tosh to the very end.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    When did anyone produce bank records in the Cam Newton case?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2013

When did anyone produce bank records in the Cam Newton case?

Like I said, this Davis' guy has shown he deposited $3000, but if all the NCAA has is his word, nothing will come of it. They are going to need Tosh's bank account saying he withdrew $3000 around the same time, or some tapped calls, etc. I doubt this Davis guy is smart enough for any of that. He's a throwing coach at a Community College and looks like an inbred hick. This guy's word alone won't prove shit.

• RoadDawg's is loyal to his Tosh to the very end.

Not at all, I don't give a fuck about Tosh either way. I just don't think anything will come of it, and it's much ado about nothing. You are the biggest Johnny come lately on this site. A week ago you were talking about how you wanted Tosh to stay over Wilcox. Now, you will probably pretend you never did. In the season, you said Wilcox was a top 10 DC after the Stanford game, then called out anyone for ever liking him when our defense played like shit against Oregon.
    For the record I've always maintained I trust whatever decision Petersen makes as I don't give a fuck about either Tosh or Wilcox.

It appeared Tosh could be a better fit than Wilcox financially but ultimately I've always maintained it's about the head coach. I don't give a fuck about assistants, never have, never will.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

RoadDawg's is loyal to his Tosh to the very end.

Not at all, I don't give a fuck about Tosh either way. I just don't think anything will come of it, and it's much ado about nothing. You are the biggest Johnny come lately on this site. A week ago you were talking about how you wanted Tosh to stay over Wilcox. Now, you will probably pretend you never did. In the season, you said Wilcox was a top 10 DC after the Stanford game, then called out anyone for ever liking him when our defense played like shit against

You the shit Roadie. Not that it means a damn thing but im holding the water bottle in your corner. More Cock is a goofy bugger . Hi Cock, love you sister!;)
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,074
    edited December 2013

But I don't think it is likely anyone gets in trouble for the Tosh situation. I don't think anyone has any doubt that Tosh did it, but it is basically Tosh's word against Davis' word. I highly doubt the $4500 came out of Tosh's bank account, so there is going to be a sketchy paper trail. I know Davis' has records of depositing $3000 and we all know where it came from, but it will be very hard to have concrete evidence it came from Tosh. Unless they dig up other shit, I will be surprised if something comes out of it.

This is a smaller scale Cam Newton situation. It's obvious shit happened, but won't be proven. Tosh will skate to Arkansas or somewhere else, nothing will happen to Sark, and obviously nothing will happen to UW. It's a boring time of the year, so this story is getting hyped, but I bet it passes over soon.

I don't think anyone is going to struggle believing that they got the cash from Tosh, and remember, as we have learned time and time again, the NCAA is not a court of law, and there is no defined burden of proof. they believe what they want to believe, which means they can ignore eye witness testimony of egregious behavior if they want, or, if they want, they can hang a program by the balls based on conjecture. it's the Roman emperor's thumb.

And, truth be told, there is some damn good conjecture here. Everyone knows these folks are poor and stupid. Everyone knows, and it can be established, that they suddenly came up with more cash in one place at one time than they normally see, and everyone knows that Washington was trying to get dummy qualified.

Couple that with Tosh's reputation as an aggressive recruiter.

That + That would = Obvious to me if I were an NCAA investigator.

The question, really, is how soft have they become on punishing institutions after the offenders have moved on? As we saw in the Oregon and Miami cases, and, unofficially as we saw in the Auburn case, the NCAA is somewhat resistant to hammer a bunch of people who had nothing to do with it once the staff that did it has moved on.

Now, as matmik pointed out, if this is the start to an investigation and there is more (and there usually is everywhere outside of the Ivy League and the military academies), then watch the fuck out.

Petersen will feel just like Al Golden felt - "I didn't come here for this shit."

This could very well get interesting. Hope not.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2013

I don't think anyone is going to struggle believing that they got the cash from Tosh, and remember, as we have learned time and time again, the NCAA is not a court of law, and there is no defined burden of proof. they believe what they want to believe, which means they can ignore eye witness testimony of egregious behavior if they want, or, if they want, they can hang a program by the balls based on conjecture. it's the Roman emperor's thumb.

And, truth be told, there is some damn good conjecture here. Everyone knows these folks are poor and stupid. Everyone knows, and it can be established, that they suddenly came up with more cash in one place at one time than they normally see, and everyone knows that Washington was trying to get dummy qualified.

Couple that with Tosh's reputation as an aggressive recruiter.

That + That would = Obvious to me if I were an NCAA investigator.

The question, really, is how soft have they become on punishing institutions after the offenders have moved on? As we saw in the Oregon and Miami cases, and, unofficially as we saw in the Auburn case, the NCAA is somewhat resistant to hammer a bunch of people who had nothing to do with it once the staff that did it has moved on.

Now, as matmik pointed out, if this is the start to an investigation and there is more (and there usually is everywhere outside of the Ivy League and the military academies), then watch the fuck out.

Petersen will feel just like Al Golden felt - "I didn't come here for this shit."

This could very well get interesting. Hope not.
    Good post. I may have been putting too much stock into thinking the NCAA works like a court of law. I think most would say Tosh is guilty, and honestly, I bet this is child's play compared to what goes on at UW and many other schools. My thinking was that one guy's word with no paper trail wouldn't get him far, but when dealing with the NCAA, you just never know. I think Woodward is a little bit smarter and tougher than the old AD's (not saying much) and won't just lay down and take it.