Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coronavirus gathering bans raise religious freedom questions

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No one has time to sit around and discuss 1A
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Just use it as an excuse to ban islam
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859

2A > 1A right now.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

2A > 1A right now.

@PurpleThrobber doesn't own any guns.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

2A > 1A right now.

Don't rule out 'borrowing' from family members for a limited period of time/purpose....

Which may or may not have already happened.

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    I sympathize with people who are cut off from their houses of worship, but shame on these religious leaders that are flaunting their breaking of the rules. The United States already affords religion tremendous liberties and generous tax breaks, so I’m appalled anyone would try to insinuate that the government is using this crisis to try to crack down on religion.
  • Options

I sympathize with people who are cut off from their houses of worship, but shame on these religious leaders that are flaunting their breaking of the rules. The United States already affords religion tremendous liberties and generous tax breaks, so I’m appalled anyone would try to insinuate that the government is using this crisis to try to crack down on religion.

What if their prayers ended the virus? :-)

I don't necessarily think the government is 'using' this to crack down on religious freedoms but it only takes a couple light bulb moments like that for the statists to seize the moment.

Had Rahm Emmanuel not said "Never let a good crisis go to waste", I probably wouldn't have that level of skepticism.

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

I don't necessarily think the government is 'using' this to crack down on religious freedoms but it only takes a couple light bulb moments like that for the statists to seize the moment.

Had Rahm Emmanuel not said "Never let a good crisis go to waste", I probably wouldn't have that level of skepticism.

True, but I would think you’d also see other liberties being curtailed at the same time (freedom of speech) before alarm bells should be sounded.

As far as I know the government isn’t shutting down the online streaming of religious services or church websites. In fact, some communities are reaching out to religious organizations as many already have the systems in place to help out the needy.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,378
    Swaye's Wigwam

#RESIST

We are not given our rights by the government the government is to protect and not infringe on those rights
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

2A > 1A right now.

Not just right now, but always. 2A protects 1A
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

#RESIST

We are not given our rights by the government the government is to protect and not infringe on those rights
    It's not just freedom of religion, 1A recognizes the right to assemble and freely associate.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    That article fell short. I want chapter & verse on the laws granting these emergency authorities.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,378
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Newsome is throwing around a lot of "I order" shit. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely isn't just for college classes to discuss anymore

I called our flooring sub and asked if they want to work this weekend and they said hell yes they need the money. Looks like we will. Stories of random harassment from the police in NO Cal over the last week.

My wife had succumbed to the panic until Gavin went too far..BULLSHIT was her response.

See you in court
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam

Newsome is throwing around a lot of "I order" shit. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely isn't just for college classes to discuss anymore

I called our flooring sub and asked if they want to work this weekend and they said hell yes they need the money. Looks like we will. Stories of random harassment from the police in NO Cal over the last week.

My wife had succumbed to the panic until Gavin went too far..BULLSHIT was her response.

See you in court

Race, YOU are part of the problem. There is blood on your hands!
  • Options

See you in court

Newsome saw how Inslee ins'ed and is running the same playbook.

It's like having Nedermeyer and Greg Marmalad running things.

• Options
    edited March 2020

True, but I would think you’d also see other liberties being curtailed at the same time (freedom of speech) before alarm bells should be sounded.

As far as I know the government isn’t shutting down the online streaming of religious services or church websites. In fact, some communities are reaching out to religious organizations as many already have the systems in place to help out the needy.
    There are drive-in religious services where the congregants can sit in their cars and listen to the sermon on the radio. That would be rough for the Throbber because I'd revert back to 1981 while watching Heavy Metal and try to cop a feel.

I don't think we are at a point where the religious folks should initiate a showdown - but if this crap drags on there is going to be unrest and protest. Particularly as more data comes in and the comparison to past pandemics that were not near as fearmongered (I see you BHO and H1N1 and your 12,469 deaths).

For a couple weeks, ain't no big thing. Like during summer time attendance when everybody goes to the lake and it's just the preacher and the organist lusting one another on Sunday morning.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    Founders Club

2A > 1A right now.

Don't rule out 'borrowing' from family members for a limited period of time/purpose....

• Options

2A > 1A right now.

Yeah...you know me.

Harm me with harmony.

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    How will they pray away the gay now???
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,173
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

#RESIST

This virus is highly contageous. You and consenting adults should be at liberty to spread it amongst yourselves only, but that's not how viruses work. #1919StanleyCup