Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Silver lining? Tosh meltdown clears the way...

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
...for CP to round out his defensive staff with Ed Orgeron as DL coach.
Defense:
Pete Kwiatkowski, defensive coordinator
Bob Gregory, linebackers
Jimmy Lake, secondary
http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/2013/12/18/more-on-the-uw-boise-state-coaching-shuffle/

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    That would be the perfect ending to the perfect month
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I can't see Oregeron being on staff. He a loud, gruff, bad ass motherfucker. Petersen seems to like cerebral types, not rah rah guys like Oregeron.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,067 Standard Supporter
    A Polynesian would be nice if tui is indeed gone. If Tui was offered e tight end position though he may want to think twice about hitching his wagon to sark.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    I'm hearing Pete needs a tuff black dude from the hood in order to be edgy, Staff true?!?!??!

Atomic you fucking doog
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,067 Standard Supporter
    I don't care if he does or doesn't because it is the head coach that matters. Just nice to have someone that is intertwined into that community.
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    Can we get a gay coach so we can appeal to the gay PSA's as well.?

What the fuck is RuPaul up to anyhow...?

Ya Gotta Work !!
  • This doog love affair with Tosh and Wilcox is over the top. Who gives a fuck? They are assistants on a team that underachieved for the last two years.

Agree some Doogs in here are so obsessed with Wilcox and Tosh it's fucktarded.

Fact: Wilcox has allowed 50+ points the same amount of times that Holt did in their first two years.

Fact: Wilcox has allowed 40+ points more times than Holt did in the same amount of time.

His defenses got worse each year at Tennessee. Yet Road Dawg and Beatmychest act like Wilcox is the greatest DC ever.
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    My poont is who gives a fuck so long as we win.

That's all I want ... Is to be on the field after a Rosé Bowl or a natty ... Screaming 'We did it OUR way Woody!!! We did it out way!!!'
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    I like Wilcox and what he was able to accomplish as Sark's DC where others grossly failed. Sorry, but it too late to start a unrequited love-fest for Holt.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    I'd like to see UW retain Wilcox.

But I'd love to see UW hire Orgeron.

This doog love affair with Tosh and Wilcox is over the top. Who gives a fuck? They are assistants on a team that underachieved for the last two years.

Fact: Wilcox has allowed 50+ points the same amount of times that Holt did in their first two years.

Fact: Wilcox has allowed 40+ points more times than Holt did in the same amount of time.

His defenses got worse each year at Tennessee. Yet Road Dawg and Beatmychest act like Wilcox is the greatest DC ever.
    I think he's a good DC. That's all I have ever said, and I didn't change my mind week to week about it like you. I think the next DC will do fine, and I have noted out Coach K did as good or better than Wilcox at Boise State if you take out this year.

Your facts are showing how vapid you really are. Fact: The defense jumped over 70 spots from Holt to Wilcox. Fact: From year 1 with Wilcox to year 2 our yards given up per play got .3 better (5.3 to 5.0). There was plenty of room to improve, but the defense had some good moments under Wilcox. I see no reason why someone would have anything against him. He will have no trouble getting a job next year.

• This doog love affair with Tosh and Wilcox is over the top. Who gives a fuck? They are assistants on a team that underachieved for the last two years.

I think he's a good DC. That's all I have ever said, and I didn't change my mind week to week about it like you. I think the next DC will do fine, and I have noted out Coach K did as good or better than Wilcox at Boise State if you take out this year.

Your facts are showing how vapid you really are. Fact: The defense jumped over 70 spots from Holt to Wilcox. Fact: From year 1 with Wilcox to year 2 our yards given up per play got .3 better (5.3 to 5.0). There was plenty of room to improve, but the defense had some good moments under Wilcox. I see no reason why someone would have anything against him. He will have no trouble getting a job next year.

He's average, nothing more or nothing less. When has a Wilcox defense at UW ever shut down a quality opposing QB?

He racks up his stats against shitty QB's but when he has to face someone good he typically gets lit up.
    edited December 2013

This doog love affair with Tosh and Wilcox is over the top. Who gives a fuck? They are assistants on a team that underachieved for the last two years.

He's average, nothing more or nothing less. When has a Wilcox defense at UW ever shut down a quality opposing QB?

He racks up his stats against shitty QB's but when he has to face someone good he typically gets lit up.
    Can't argue that, but I bet it is pretty common that most defenses play better when they aren't facing a good QB. Mobile QB's (besides Denker) always lit UW up, and it was something that was going to have to improve.

The defense was far from perfect under Wilcox, and I was disappointed after the Oregon, ASU, and UCLA games. They played like shit in those games. There's no other way to put it.

Our numbers were pretty average compared to the rest of the conference, but they were getting better. Year one to year 2 didn't have as big of jump as I wanted, but at least they were getting better. If Sark and Wilcox were still around (pumped Sark isn't), this year 3 would tell us if Wilcox was an average, good, or very good coach.
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    edited December 2013
    TTJ said:

...for CP to round out his defensive staff with Ed Orgeron as DL coach.

Defense:
    Pete Kwiatkowski, defensive coordinator
    Bob Gregory, linebackers
    Jimmy Lake, secondary
    http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/2013/12/18/more-on-the-uw-boise-state-coaching-shuffle/

Allah be praised for his mercy....I've been this thinking this since day one A.S (After Sark).

• The big difference between Wilcox and Holt is that Holt struggled against even shitty QB's while Wilcox when facing a shitty to average QB does well.

When they were both facing good offenses/competent QB's they would get lit up.

I don't hate Wilcox but I don't love him either. If Petersen brings him back? That's great as Petersen knows him better than any of us and I trust his opinion. If Petersen chooses to go another direction? That's great too because he knows Wilcox better than anyone else.

When it comes to Wilcox I trust Petersen's opinion either way.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Wilcox defended Hundley fine, loss was on inability to contain power run game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    edited December 2013

Wilcox defended Hundley fine, loss was on inability to contain power run game.

He allowed over 40 points. When Wilcox has a one dimensional team he does fine but when they have the ability to pass and run he is lit up.