Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This is it

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

jecornel said:

I predict more will die in California due to this than the Chinese Flu.

What's the better play? Just business as usual? Keep everything going and deal with it as it comes?
    It worked for the swine flu. So yeah.
    Swine Flu was a JV bug. 12,000 with no panic and social distancing. We’ll see how this one plays out.
    60 million got it. 300,000 hospitalized.

Business as usual.

Woe to me if I'm wrong

12,000 died with business as usual. That makes H1N1 a JV bug.

Would something like 12,000 die in the US of Corona with business as usual? I have no idea.
    Regular flu kills 20,000. All balls

Delta Fu! Hell yeah.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

What's the better play? Just business as usual? Keep everything going and deal with it as it comes?
    Swine Flu was a JV bug. 12,000 with no panic and social distancing. We’ll see how this one plays out.

Business as usual.

Woe to me if I'm wrong

12,000 died with business as usual. That makes H1N1 a JV bug.

Would something like 12,000 die in the US of Corona with business as usual? I have no idea.
    Regular flu kills 20,000. All balls

Delta Fu! Hellth yeth.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    jecornel said:

Yes.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    jecornel said:

At some point we will have to have a discussion on what the options are

Assuming vaccines are developed in 12-18 months, do you think it’s realistic to go full quarantine for the duration?

I get the side of the coin of what happens if we do nothing. But all that is being talked about is one side of what the full quarantine impacts are.

How many fall into despair and depression at being isolated? Or net worths vanish creating a wide range of implications? Or stunted development for youth?

Are we in a war? Perhaps we need to have that discussion as a society.

We’ve long assumed that the next major attack in the US was going to be financial and hypothesized that it was going to be cyber in nature ...

It certainly seems like we are being put in a position where we are being asked to choose between life and our financial markets
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    jecornel said:

So why the hysteria? Just media driven? Not a big deal?

We are just going to ruin everything because of the media hype and fear rumors?

There has to be a more to this? Someone or some group just wants to see chaos?

Yeah, pretty much.
  • Options

jecornel said:

So why the hysteria? Just media driven? Not a big deal?

We are just going to ruin everything because of the media hype and fear rumors?

There has to be a more to this? Someone or some group just wants to see chaos?

You tell me. Why the media driven hysteria?
    You tell me. My life is getting fucked on everything right now. Is this a big conspiracy to take down Trump or what?
    Yeah, pretty much.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

Assuming vaccines are developed in 12-18 months, do you think it’s realistic to go full quarantine for the duration?

I get the side of the coin of what happens if we do nothing. But all that is being talked about is one side of what the full quarantine impacts are.

How many fall into despair and depression at being isolated? Or net worths vanish creating a wide range of implications? Or stunted development for youth?

We’ve long assumed that the next major attack in the US was going to be financial and hypothesized that it was going to be cyber in nature ...

It certainly seems like we are being put in a position where we are being asked to choose between life and our financial markets
    Sounds we finally have the death panels we've been warned about!
  • Options

Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

Sounds we finally have the death panels we've been warned about!
    Yeah, pretty much.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,592
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

How long can we wait? Who is going to get us to a conclusion? Scott Adams had a great periscope. 45-minute watch.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't think it was a plan to take Trump down until he turned it into racism by calling it what the media was calling it the china/wuhan flu
  • Options
    LebamDawg said:

I don't think it was a plan to take Trump down until he turned it into racism by calling it what the media was calling it the china/wuhan flu

At some point there will be a deep dive into understanding what happened
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

How long can we wait? Who is going to get us to a conclusion? Scott Adams had a great periscope. 45-minute watch.
    Cliff notes?
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,235
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

jecornel said:

Business as usual.

Woe to me if I'm wrong

You're not wrong. There's more behind this BS than we'll ever know.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750

jecornel said:

Seems like a big, well planned effort to violate our freedoms and destroy the economy all in an effort to take down Trump. In a state mind you that he was gonna lose by 10+ points no matter what.
    It’s bigger than that. The whole West coast will be under this before the weekend is out. And then it spreads like a virus East from there. The election will be the least of our worries for the next few months. This experiment is starting to look a lot like more than an experiment.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

jecornel said:

Seems like a big, well planned effort to violate our freedoms and destroy the economy all in an effort to take down Trump. In a state mind you that he was gonna lose by 10+ points no matter what.
    It’s bigger than that. The whole West coast will be under this before the weekend is out. And then it spreads like a virus East from there. The election will be the least of our worries for the next few months. This experiment is starting to look a lot like more than an experiment.
    So you're absconding the conspiracy theory?
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,592
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

Cliff notes?
    There are some good things ahead. If our government isn't trying some of the drugs that are showing effectiveness against Covid we should lose some distrust. He is a massive Trump supporter so his commentary is sobering and worthy. It's a good listen.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

Tequilla said:

jecornel said:

Cliff notes?
    There are some good things ahead. If our government isn't trying some of the drugs that are showing effectiveness against Covid we should lose some distrust. He is a massive Trump supporter so his commentary is sobering and worthy. It's a good listen.
    Is he a Trump supporter? I've taken him more as a TDS skeptic.
  • Options
    pawz said:

salemcoog said:

jecornel said:

So you're absconding the conspiracy theory?
    Absconding or advancing?

• Options

jecornel said:

Business as usual.

Woe to me if I'm wrong

You're not wrong. There's more behind this BS than we'll ever know.
    I think we'll know sooner rather than later.

It only takes one conspirator to tip and then the rest of them scurry fast as hell to cut the best deal.

Private sector guys take the gas pipe way better than gubmint workers. Snitches get stitches.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

LebamDawg said:

At some point there will be a deep dive into understanding what happened
    Just ask hillary