Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

80-75

2»

Comments

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,592
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    This response seems a little different. Can't be all hysteria? Right?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    Swaye's Wigwam
    if they would let the flu into the old folks homes unchecked like the Wuhan Virus it would be a 4th Q massacre
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Flu still winning 86-83 in WA as of March 20th. It’s anyone’s ball game still.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

UW Virology claiming that positives appear to be stable despite increase in testing.

Stable in terms of positive rates
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I'm leaning towards this being something serious of nature.

Let's see NYC in seven days.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

I don’t recall local hospitals asking people to start hand sewing masks to donate in 2009. They must be in on the fix too to get Trump.

This all may well be way overblown. But gotta love all the PhDs in medicine we have here in the Tug.
    Distilleries are making hand sanitizer for free, Tesla said they can make ventilators. Jack Ma sent a million masks and 500,000 test kits. Quite the roose to oust Trump.

The UK is fucked. Boris was telling people it was okay to gather. That's changed rapidly.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,235
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Lotta guys here were popping off when it was 79-2 in favor of flu. LIPO.

It's going to crack 0.00000013% of the population of the state any minute. Shut everything down.

But imagine if one of those 75 people was your grandma !
    I’m not making predictions because I didn’t go to medical school and I don’t know shit about infectious disease. But I was surprised to see corona gaining on flu so quickly in WA. I was told here flu is worse by Tug experts.
    I don't know if you were told it's worse. You were told the panic is bullshit.
    And I’m waiting to see if the panic was justified or not. I make it a point in life to stay within my lane when it comes to knowledge n’ stuff.

I know everything. I've seen this movie before
    Not only does history repeat itself but now (due to a 24/7 pravda cycle) it is required to do it in a way which is bigger and more responsive than before.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

I don’t recall local hospitals asking people to start hand sewing masks to donate in 2009. They must be in on the fix too to get Trump.

This all may well be way overblown. But gotta love all the PhDs in medicine we have here in the Tug.
    Distilleries are making hand sanitizer for free, Tesla said they can make ventilators. Jack Ma sent a million masks and 500,000 test kits. Quite the roose to oust Trump.

The UK is fucked. Boris was telling people it was okay to gather. That's changed rapidly.
    This better not fuck up the supply chain on vodka.

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2020
    This place loves to get distracted by the wrong shit.

The entire panic is due to hospital capacity, not raw number of deaths, though that could also justify the panic if it gets bad enough. 80,000 dead because the seasonal flu came and went can be stomached. 80,000 dead because we flooded the hospitals all at once and nurses are trying to revive patients who couldn't get a ventilator in a converted gymnasium hospital room is some third world bullshit.

Preventing that is the entire ballgame.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I hate this shit
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020

I hate this shit

I hate not knowing what the fuck is going on. Are we starting a depression and fucking the BOR over nothing or not?

There seem to be reports coming in from various large cities of the hospitals getting slammed hard. LA and NYC for example.