Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Senator Dumped Up to $1.6 Million of Stock After Reassuring Public About Coronavirus Preparedness

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The great thing about congress is they are immune from insider trading laws. That said, @GrandpaSankey saw this coming.

This board was still in denial that this was a real crisis up until a week ago.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The great thing about congress is they are immune from insider trading laws. That said, @GrandpaSankey saw this coming.

That's okay you're still in denial that you got played like a fool on the whole Russian collusion story 3 years ago.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

That's okay you're still in denial that you got played like a fool on the whole Russian collusion story 3 years ago.
    Ok Mr Pizzagate
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What's real about it? Gotta play the game now that it's been manifested into one.

Tanking the world economy was worth it if it gets the orange man out of office.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Ok Mr Pizzagate
    Ah my stupid Kunt of a friend, here's the difference. You have to lie and claim that I believed and supported something I never even mentioned once. While all I have to do is quote your own words.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's wasn't. And isn't.

The government shutting down the economy and the media fanning the flames is the crises. Inflicted by the stroke of a government pen and cheered on gleefully by the media.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,433
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's still not a real crisis but the panic was always going to tank the market

That's what Trump tried to prevent when you were crying about that

Just because this guy dumped his stock doesn't change the other features of this scam

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,562
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

It's not a real crisis. It's a manufactured crisis that is costing lives so its real in that sense.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,575
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    good unbiased source for @Insecuredawg - they at least try to appear to be neutral
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,246
    edited March 2020
    Sledog said:

It's not a real crisis. It's a manufactured crisis that is costing lives so its real in that sense.
    I don’t know. Depends on how you define “crisis.” A viral pandemic with no established vaccine or effective treatment that is particularly harmful to elderly patients sounds like a crisis to me.

Is that not what this is? I mean, I’ll be fine, I won’t lose my job or any money I can’t recoup, but it sure does stink for those that are affected by it. But I guess they made bad financial decisions not to prepare themselves for this, so it’s not really a crisis.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,286

If one thing can come out of all this, ditching that insider trading exemption would be the best.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,289
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Honest question: is this true? If so, this is some fucked up shit.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

I don’t know. Depends on how you define “crisis.” A viral pandemic with no established vaccine or effective treatment that is particularly harmful to elderly patients sounds like a crisis to me.

Is that not what this is? I mean, I’ll be fine, I won’t lose my job or any money I can’t recoup, but it sure does stink for those that are affected by it. But I guess they made bad financial decisions not to prepare themselves for this, so it’s not really a crisis.

You mean like H1N1 in 2009?

Besides the China virus, we have a flu that infects millions and kills thousands of elderly a year, we have an vaccine and a huge number of the population shrugs their their shoulders and makes up reason why they don’t bother to get the vaccine. The altruistic bullshit by hypocrites I’m seeing is nauseating
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,433
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Old people die

Generally speaking
  • Options

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

Besides the China virus, we have a flu that infects millions and kills thousands of elderly a year, we have an vaccine and a huge number of the population shrugs their their shoulders and makes up reason why they don’t bother to get the vaccine. The altruistic bullshit by hypocrites I’m seeing is nauseating
    I mean, H1N1 had a morality rate of .02% whereas COVID has one of 2%. That seems like an increase, but that’s me. Apparently H1N1 is also less contagious? But that was just a science article I read. Moreover, herd immunity against H1N1 and the normal flu seems to have been built up prior to 2009 since people did get regular flu vaccines and 2009 wasn’t the first instance of an H1N1 virus.

Lots of unknowns for COVID so far. But I mean, that’s me.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Old people die

Generally speaking

How would you know?
  • Options

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

I mean, H1N1 had a morality rate of .02% whereas COVID has one of 2%. That seems like an increase, but that’s me. Apparently H1N1 is also less contagious? But that was just a science article I read. Moreover, herd immunity against H1N1 and the normal flu seems to have been built up prior to 2009 since people did get regular flu vaccines and 2009 wasn’t the first instance of an H1N1 virus.

That 2% rate is going to go way down as more are tested.

The hypocrite part is that in 2009 no one gave a shit that millions were getting sick and thousands dying. Business as usual. No for some reason it’s a panic and we need to bankrupt people In an “abundance of caution”. The cure will cost more than the disease.
    Sure, once the tests are available.

I think people cared but you didn’t hear about it as you do now because the media wasn’t available. Altruism for people affected by this pandemic didn’t just start now, it’s that people are more able to express it because they’re confident it’ll be heard. It’s like Trump’s base.

Anyway, the good news is that the majority seem not to be turned off by others’ compassionate responses to this. I like that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

That 2% rate is going to go way down as more are tested.

The hypocrite part is that in 2009 no one gave a shit that millions were getting sick and thousands dying. Business as usual. No for some reason it’s a panic and we need to bankrupt people In an “abundance of caution”. The cure will cost more than the disease.
    Sure, once the tests are available.

I think people cared but you didn’t hear about it as you do now because the media wasn’t available. Altruism for people affected by this pandemic didn’t just start now, it’s that people are more able to express it because they’re confident it’ll be heard. It’s like Trump’s base.

Anyway, the good news is that the majority seem not to be turned off by others’ compassionate responses to this. I like that.
    Not one word about the swine flu in the 2010 state of the union address. Why?

Your emotional and feelings based approach is noted and received. Glad it wasn't a thing in 2009. At least it bought us 10 years of prosperity