Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

There was a day when people took the time to discuss liberty.

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
Am I the only one who is worried about how fast our individual freedoms are infringed upon for the "greater good"?

We have come a long way from:

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
Samuel Adams

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    I agree. Getting a bit concerning.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I'm concerned - if this lasts more than a month. My gut is telling me this bullshit is going to end in about 3 weeks. Or the populace is going to say Fuck It and go back to normal.

Otherwise, it's time to take the gloves off.

Agree. We are still in the "snow day" phase. In 3 weeks people realize this shit can end with with the stroke of a pen shits going to get real.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,948 Founders Club
    We’ve put 100,000 US Citizens in internment camps before. We’ve suspended the writ of habeus corpus.

The Republic will survive this heavy handed approach too.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

I'm concerned - if this lasts more than a month. My gut is telling me this bullshit is going to end in about 3 weeks. Or the populace is going to say Fuck It and go back to normal.

My wife is involved in one of the verboten businesses. She was asking how much trouble she’d be in for opening doors now. I told her hold off for now, there’d be some backlash. If it goes much beyond 3/31, the people will rise up with her.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter

Agree. We are still in the "snow day" phase. In 3 weeks people realize this shit can end with with the stroke of a pen shits going to get real.
    The question is who will the anger be displayed toward?

Trump hasn't done much of anything disruptive to people's liberty. He's simply enacted executive powers so funds may flow appropriately.

Now, that fucking Jay Inslee - HE'S the one who hate the Bill of Rights.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

We’ve put 100,000 US Citizens in internment camps before. We’ve suspended the writ of habeus corpus.

And it was in the name of "an abundance of caution" and "better safe than sorry". And everyone agreed
    I believe in no caution

Gotta risk it to get the biscuit
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,379 Founders Club
    "The safest road to hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts."

C.S. Lewis
  • ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    I’m concerned about the virus.

That said, the me with the tinfoil hat on is concerned that powerful people are keeping a keen eye on the social experiment aspect of this whole thing. In some ways it feels an awful lot like a drill.

More common concerning is that the next well-funded terrorist group who can afford a bio lab is getting a stellar blueprint for cratering the economy.
    ramenduck said:

That said, the me with the tinfoil hat on is concerned that powerful people are keeping a keen eye on the social experiment aspect of this whole thing. In some ways it feels an awful lot like a drill.

More common concerning is that the next well-funded terrorist group who can afford a bio lab is getting a stellar blueprint for cratering the economy.

GaiaFront is taking note
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

"The safest road to hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts."

C.S. Lewis

Really? In these times Derek?
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    ramenduck said:

This absolutely will be a reality at some point.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    edited March 2020

My wife is involved in one of the verboten businesses. She was asking how much trouble she’d be in for opening doors now. I told her hold off for now, there’d be some backlash. If it goes much beyond 3/31, the people will rise up with her.
    The owners and managers need to be talking with each other and develop solidarity and set a date they are opening. THen do a Facebook/Twatter blast and voila, it's rebuilt and they will come.

And I've said from the get go that this is an experiment as to how much stripping of rights that Americans will tolerate before they say fuck you and do what they did March 1st. and before.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I was right

I'm always right

How very wrong I was.

How very wrong I was.
    #metoo

The question is who will the anger be displayed toward?

Trump hasn't done much of anything disruptive to people's liberty. He's simply enacted executive powers so funds may flow appropriately.

Now, that fucking Jay Inslee - HE'S the one who hate the Bill of Rights.

But I was so fucking money here, it's not even funny.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

lol this didn't age well considering your kids and school

2 weeks to flatten the curve

Now an annual event I reckon