Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My Thoughts on the Helicopter Money

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,809
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I've had a 55 Chevy 210, 69 Z28 and a 65 Chevelle. No hot rods right now. Dirt road.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I still can't believe the bitch ass employees at my company are complaining about who works from home.

Like bro....no wages cut...no nothing. You guys are in a good position
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

How many of those people who supposedly can't afford a $500 emergency have been on a vacation in the last 5 years that cost them $2,000 to 3,000? How many of them drive a car less than 3 years old? How many of them have smart phones and big screen TVs? How many of them eat out 3 to four times a week?

It's pretty pathetic. My 4 Runner is 14 years old. Not as old as yours was @SFGbob but still.

This panic if fucking up a lot of our short term life plans (seriously) but unless we get into Weimar Germany with the dollar we'll be fine.
    Today, this is my greatest fear. $23 TRILLION and printing more by the nano second.

We?re so fucked.
    Yes and no. We? are not Weimar Germany. Axe @UW_Doog_Bot - we go down, the whole World goes down.

But still, fuck all you deficit lovers. They do matter.
    Deficits matter but relatively.

A $500,000 mortgage in California isn't a $500,000 mortgage in North Dakota.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

How many of those people who supposedly can't afford a $500 emergency have been on a vacation in the last 5 years that cost them $2,000 to 3,000? How many of them drive a car less than 3 years old? How many of them have smart phones and big screen TVs? How many of them eat out 3 to four times a week?

It's pretty pathetic. My 4 Runner is 14 years old. Not as old as yours was @SFGbob but still.

This panic if fucking up a lot of our short term life plans (seriously) but unless we get into Weimar Germany with the dollar we'll be fine.
    Today, this is my greatest fear. $23 TRILLION and printing more by the nano second.

We?re so fucked.
    Yes and no. We? are not Weimar Germany. Axe @UW_Doog_Bot - we go down, the whole World goes down.

Very true.

My house has been paid for for years now, but I've considered borrowing again to double down on Seattle real estate ... move to better house in an even better hood in Seattle. People say, "you don't want a mortgage payment when you're retired." My response: I have no plans to retire in said house. But it will increase in value in absolute dollars, if not by % increase, more than the one that's paid for. No investment I've made has performed better for me than my house in this area.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

We?re so fucked.

Very true.

My house has been paid for for years now, but I've considered borrowing again to double down on Seattle real estate ... move to better house in an even better hood in Seattle. People say, "you don't want a mortgage payment when you're retired." My response: I have no plans to retire in said house. But it will increase in value in absolute dollars, if not by % increase, more than the one that's paid for. No investment I've made has performed better for me than my house in this area.
    Leveraging can be a good thing.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

We?re so fucked.

Very true.

Leveraging can be a good thing.
    @ArchimedesDwag true???
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

We?re so fucked.

Very true.

True. But that's a function of luck for most homeowners in the area. I'm sure there are some savvy buyers who were able to prognasticate that Seattle would have some of the highest growth in real estate in the world, and maybe you're one of them, but I'd wager that most just got lucky growing up and then buying in a metro area that eventually became an economic hub for the world.

Then there's the unlucky homeowner who grew up in some second rate Midwest city who bought a house in adulthood when industry was still rolling there, and then proceeded to watch that investment plummet. I'm not saying Seattle is going to eventually crater like a Detroit, so don't twist. I guess my only rambling point is that nothing ever holds in real estate and who knows how we'll fare in the next macroeconomic "chapter" of life.

• Options

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

We?re so fucked.

Very true.

True. But that's a function of luck for most homeowners in the area. I'm sure there are some savvy buyers who were able to prognasticate that Seattle would have some of the highest growth in real estate in the world, and maybe you're one of them, but I'd wager that most just got lucky growing up and then buying in a metro area that eventually became an economic hub for the world.

Then there's the unlucky homeowner who grew up in some second rate Midwest city who bought a house in adulthood when industry was still rolling there, and then proceeded to watch that investment plummet. I'm not saying Seattle is going to eventually crater like a Detroit, so don't twist. I guess my only rambling point is that nothing ever holds in real estate and who knows how we'll fare in the next macroeconomic "chapter" of life.

plus everyone in seattle is a fag

so theres that
  • Options

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

We?re so fucked.

Very true.

so theres that
    I forget who to attribute this to, but someone here in the tug has always steadfastly stood by their mantra of "no strong economy was ever built on the shoulders of fags."

Really makes you think.
  • Options

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

We?re so fucked.

Very true.

so theres that
    I forget who to attribute this to, but someone here in the tug has always steadfastly stood by their mantra of "no strong economy was ever built on the shoulders of fags."

Really makes you think.

• Options

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

We?re so fucked.

Very true.

so theres that

Really makes you think.

Huh?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2020

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

We?re so fucked.

Very true.

I wouldn't touch real estate with a ten foot pole right now unless you're a first time buyer. And even then, I'd wait a couple months to see if everything gets back on track. If it takes more than 3 months, then it will be bargain city by this time next year.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

We?re so fucked.

Very true.

Location location location.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

We?re so fucked.

Very true.

If COVID-19 crashes the Seattle real estate market long term it will mean we've got bigger problems as a country.
    I'll take Typhus over COVID-19 and give the points in crashing the Seattle real estate market.
  • Options

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

We?re so fucked.

Very true.

If COVID-19 crashes the Seattle real estate market long term it will mean we've got bigger problems as a country.
    I'll take Typhus over COVID-19 and give the points in crashing the Seattle real estate market.
    And why have we not heard of any of the homeless camps getting ravaged by the COVID-19?
  • Options
    Swaye said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

We?re so fucked.

Very true.

And why have we not heard of any of the homeless camps getting ravaged by the COVID-19?
    Because nobody, not even the Democrats, actually give a shit about the homeless.
    And yet you keep sharing blankets
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

We?re so fucked.

Very true.

Being on the front line of the W Bellevue real estate market, can confirm.

1000000%
  • Options

Swaye said:

pawz said:

SFGbob said:

We?re so fucked.

Very true.

Because nobody, not even the Democrats, actually give a shit about the homeless.
    And yet you keep sharing blankets
    You don't just get handies from meth chicks out in the open. C'mon. Common knowledge.