Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Only the economy matters to me

Comments

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

This all wouldn't have happened 10 years ago...media driving this. I'm not going to go as far as saying they are driving this to hurt the president. I won't give them that much credit. They have a huge hand in what is happening here.

We're at war. There are 2 fronts. Defeating the virus and Protecting the economy. People are going to die no matter what we do. Efforts are now focused on economy. Even Inslee focused on the economy exclusively in his press conference today. A pivot is happening. This is a good thing, but frankly all of this didn't need to happen.

I was watching highlights of Cuomo and Gavin whateverhisnameis praising Trump and the Feds the other day and then watched the excerpts from MSNBC/CNN/another news outlet talking about how Trump and the Feds are hated by the governors. All going on at the same tim
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

jecornel said:

I don't care about getting virus or social distancing or people dying. I care about the economic impact of this. It's simply hysteria and nothing else. I know don't a single person in my circle impacted by it.

I have learned some new things about longtime friends and their held opinions.

Interesting how people react to shit like this.

Don't be an emotional dipshit.

How did you feel about H1N1?
    It was a little scary, but however it was handled was better than this.
    Sure. You just answered your own question.

There wasn’t a concerned fear mongering effort by the media and the left

How many died from H1N1 again in the US? Was it 12,468 or 12,469? Help me out here. I want to be precise
    I don't know, but doesn't matter now that I'm over my TDS.

You don’t care about 12,000 American deaths?!?

What about the Kurds?
    Hey look!!!! A Squirrel!!!

(Conservative go to debate strategy)
    Was it 12,468 or 12,469 deaths, squirrel-boy?

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

This all wouldn't have happened 10 years ago...media driving this. I'm not going to go as far as saying they are driving this to hurt the president. I won't give them that much credit. They have a huge hand in what is happening here.

We're at war. There are 2 fronts. Defeating the virus and Protecting the economy. People are going to die no matter what we do. Efforts are now focused on economy. Even Inslee focused on the economy exclusively in his press conference today. A pivot is happening. This is a good thing, but frankly all of this didn't need to happen.

It may have not been planned, but the media is on it like a dog on a bone with this and trump. It's the 4th quarter down by 6, 1 minute left, Trump with the ball 3rd and inches for a first down on his own 20. Refs call an unsportsmanlike penalty on the a fan. 15 yards. Game just took a turn

The media are the refs.
    Thanks for clarifying you old bitch
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    edited March 2020
    I think the MSM is trying to damage Trump and the economy in order to effect the election. But I'm a suspicious old bastard.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

It may have not been planned, but the media is on it like a dog on a bone with this and trump. It's the 4th quarter down by 6, 1 minute left, Trump with the ball 3rd and inches for a first down on his own 20. Refs call an unsportsmanlike penalty on the a fan. 15 yards. Game just took a turn

The media are the refs.
    Why is every country doing the same, if not more, as the US? The US media didn't pressure Italy or France to shut down.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I think it is possible to care for others suffering and dying AND not want the economy to totally crash. I think also think it's possible to choose to "social distance" for the benefit of others.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The media are the refs.
    Why is every country doing the same, if not more, as the US? The US media didn't pressure Italy or France to shut down.
    "Every country doing the same"

False. Do a bit of reading and get back to us.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Chiinned revoked for “social distancing”. That term can die in a mass grave fire.

Agree.

Please add "Food Insecurity" to the mass grave as well.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

The media are the refs.
    Edgelord
    You are way too old to use that term
  • Options

The media are the refs.
    "Every country doing the same"

False. Do a bit of reading and get back to us.
    Enlighten me.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,897
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    People with immune problems and those over 65 or whatever the magic number is can quarantine if they want. Or any hypochondriacs. Stop making the rest of us suffer you dumb cunts. These Karens drive a lot of the hysteria. The media knows they'll watch and click and spend.

Maybe San Fransicko, Seattle, NYC, and a few other urban areas can take some precautions. Noone else needs to suffer. This is mind numbingly stupid.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,897
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I read somewhere that 80% of the country lives paycheck to paycheck. If your hours are cut, or you're out of work because of this, you need to be compensated.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946

The media are the refs.
    Unfortunately they are Pac 12 refs.
  • Options

The media are the refs.
    Losers blame the refs.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

The media are the refs.
    Edgelord
    You are way too old to use that term
    Are you new?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I read somewhere that 80% of the country lives paycheck to paycheck. If your hours are cut, or you're out of work because of this, you need to be compensated.

By who?