Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Playing for the Bucs and #MyVita? Not a bad move. Tennessee won't do shit next year regardless. Good talent in Tampa. Vegas is run poorly. He doesn't wanna play for 2 fans in LA. Smart decision.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

Playing for the Bucs and #MyVita? Not a bad move. Tennessee won't do shit next year regardless. Good talent in Tampa. Vegas is run poorly. He doesn't wanna play for 2 fans in LA. Smart decision.

Vegas already signed Mariota yesterday, help desk jockey.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

haie said:

Vegas already signed Mariota yesterday, help desk jockey.
    I don't really follow the NFL much, but thanks for the info, laid off guy.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bucs will be very good with Brady. Good offensive coach, WR’s, and TE’s.

Patriots should have paid him 30 million. The Bucs gave him 25 mil and incentives. Not really breaking the bank for a still top 5-10 QB.

I hope the Patriots do terrible because they owed Brady for giving them a discount for so many years. I think most of their success was due to Brady, not Belichick. We’ll see.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Patriots should have paid him 30 million. The Bucs gave him 25 mil and incentives. Not really breaking the bank for a still top 5-10 QB.

I hope the Patriots do terrible because they owed Brady for giving them a discount for so many years. I think most of their success was due to Brady, not Belichick. We’ll see.

Abundance.

Agree with everything else you said.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Bucs are in #mysaints division. Will be fun to watch Brady in the souf with the Bucs and play them twice.

May have to wander on down to the Superdome when TB and TB come to town this year. If there is an NFL season.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Abundance.

I understand why Kraft would side with Belichick, but their cheapness annoys me after what Brady did for years. I will be happy if they suck the next few years.

You can’t consistently win without a QB and they lost a lot off the defense which was mostly average since their early run before becoming free good again the past two seasons.

Belichick got away with his bullshit because Brady put up with it. Without him, other vets will start to tune him out. I don’t think Brady was really worse last year, he just had no reliable players besides Edelman. Brady is gonna be good with Bruce Arians and those WR’s and TE’s.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Abundance.

I understand why Kraft would side with Belichick, but their cheapness annoys me after what Brady did for years. I will be happy if they suck the next few years.

You can’t consistently win without a QB and they lost a lot off the defense which was mostly average since their early run before becoming free good again the past two seasons.

Belichick got away with his bullshit because Brady put up with it. Without him, other vets will start to tune him out. I don’t think Brady was really worse last year, he just had no reliable players besides Edelman. Brady is gonna be good with Bruce Arians and those WR’s and TE’s.
    I largely agree with you but not entirely. Brady seemed slower in response to blitzes than in the past. Perhaps that was due in part to having a terrible receiving corps. I'm not sure.

I'm rooting for Brady to do well in Tampa. But I also remember Seahawks fans being so excited when Franco Harris and Jerry Rice came to Seattle. It quickly became obvious that both were past their primes.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Abundance.

I largely agree with you but not entirely. Brady seemed slower in response to blitzes than in the past. Perhaps that was due in part to having a terrible receiving corps. I'm not sure.

I'm rooting for Brady to do well in Tampa. But I also remember Seahawks fans being so excited when Franco Harris and Jerry Rice came to Seattle. It quickly became obvious that both were past their primes.
    Jerry Rice was different. He was well past his prime. He still wasn’t bad and had some decent games as a Seahawk. The Seahawks had bad defenses back then.

Brady is past his prime too, but he’s still only a year away from beating KC on the road and winning a Super Bowl. The NFL protects QB’s so much that playing until he’s 45 at a high level is probably realistic.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Disagree. It wasn't about the money. And the Patriots don't owe him anything. It was clear that Brady wanted to move on over a year ago, anyway. You can't keep bringing back a QB in their mid 40's. Eventually you have to move on yourself as a team. The Patriots weren't contending for a Super Bowl in 2020 anyway.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Disagree. It wasn't about the money. And the Patriots don't owe him anything. It was clear that Brady wanted to move on over a year ago, anyway. You can't keep bringing back a QB in their mid 40's. Eventually you have to move on yourself as a team. The Patriots weren't contending for a Super Bowl in 2020 anyway.
    From what Brady has been saying, he was basically leaving no matter what. I don’t know why the Pats couldn’t contend for a Super Bowl. They are a WR and putting the full court press on Gronk’a return away at most. If Antonio Brown doesn’t Antonio Brown, they had a great chance last year.