Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coronavirus' Real Threat to Everyday Life

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    salemcoog said:

Alexis said:

So if I'm a bar owner and I say, fuck it, I'm opening for St. Paddy's Day, what is the Gov going to do. Fine me. Arrest me. Shoot me. I'd kind of like to know.

I asked that question a couple days ago - what's the enforcement? What's the consequence for violating? Nobody can seem to answer that.

I'm guessing it's voluntary without anyone saying that.
    The fascist Inslee just said it would be a crime. At least someone in press finally asked some question, any question, about it.
    I can see it now, The Seattle police will run right by someone with a needle in their arm taking a shit on the sidewalk to knock down the door of a restaurant that has it's lights on.
    Yep
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I watched most of the presser. Dow Constantine moves from measures that prohibit a huge swath of economy from earning a living, to making a plea to everyone "continue supporting the arts. Make that donation." Everyone gotta eat, but tone deaf.

Later, Fascinslee talking about keeping Grandpa from going out. "If you're an older person, and Saturday's are your day to go to the art gallery—which can remain open—don't go." Why exempting art galleries?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I watched most of the presser. Dow Constantine moves from measures that prohibit a huge swath of economy from earning a living, to making a plea to everyone "continue supporting the arts. Make that donation." Everyone gotta eat, but tone deaf.

Later, Fascinslee talking about keeping Grandpa from going out. "If you're an older person, and Saturday's are your day to go to the art gallery—which can remain open—don't go." Why exempting art galleries?

I fucking hate that guy.

Not enough to call for his assassination but I hate that guy. Don't twist.

• Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,453
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The governors of Ohio and Massachusetts, where the # of confirmed cases are a fraction of Washington's, have both called for lockdowns as well. They're Republicans. I know you didn't say it was partisan but the mob here has been bitching about Inslee and ignoring the fact this is going to happen all over the country.

If you read the tone and communication of the way Inslee mandated closures vs. how the Ohio governor did, that should tell you everything you need to know about Jay Inslee's ego.

He gives no fucks as to how his edicts are perceived by the populace.

The Ohio Governor was contrite and apologetic and asked for cooperation.

Big difference. One acts like a dick, the other acts like a leader.

Yet Trump supporters love cheering him on for being a dick, giving zero fucks, and not acting like a traditional political leader. Got it.
    Show me an example of Trump talking down to the populace and I'll offer any or all of my orifices.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,126

The governors of Ohio and Massachusetts, where the # of confirmed cases are a fraction of Washington's, have both called for lockdowns as well. They're Republicans. I know you didn't say it was partisan but the mob here has been bitching about Inslee and ignoring the fact this is going to happen all over the country.

If you read the tone and communication of the way Inslee mandated closures vs. how the Ohio governor did, that should tell you everything you need to know about Jay Inslee's ego.

Your favorite "leader" always acts like a dick.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    edited March 2020
    HHusky said:

Daddy. Dick. Daddy. Dick. Daddy. Dick.

Was it a neighbor or a Priest?
  • Options
    HHusky said:

The great thing about you Progs is the use of absolutes.

• Options

HHusky said:

So not quite always. Great defense.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I know.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    edited March 2020
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Like you'd know a good defense, Death Row Lawyer.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    pawz said:

Bankruptcy.

Remember, something like 80% of the population can't afford a $500 emergency. And Jay Inslee just told a large group of those people to stay home indefinitely.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/coronavirus-deaths-trump-stock-market-pandemic-economy-bankrupt-italy-a9394891.html

I'm not defending Inslee here. Other than the point @PurpleThrobber has made about perhaps showing a little more confidence and giving timelines that he's free to later revise, with which I agree wholeheartedly and for the reasons he gives, I'm not sure what I'd do differently given where he resides and governs.

With that all said, I honestly don't know a single person who couldn't survive a $500 emergency w/o it bankrupting them. If you were being sarcastic, then fine.

Still, your point stands. Staying home indefinitely while not getting paid for too long a period of time will fuck some people up. It'll be far north of $500. But for those who will be busted after a week or two, I'm sorry. I have more weighty concerns on my mind.
  • Options

pawz said:

Bankruptcy.

Remember, something like 80% of the population can't afford a $500 emergency. And Jay Inslee just told a large group of those people to stay home indefinitely.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/coronavirus-deaths-trump-stock-market-pandemic-economy-bankrupt-italy-a9394891.html

I'm not defending Inslee here. Other than the point @PurpleThrobber has made about perhaps showing a little more confidence and giving timelines that he's free to later revise, with which I agree wholeheartedly and for the reasons he gives, I'm not sure what I'd do differently given where he resides and governs.

With that all said, I honestly don't know a single person who couldn't survive a $500 emergency w/o it bankrupting them. If you were being sarcastic, then fine.

Still, your point stands. Staying home indefinitely while not getting paid for too long a period of time will fuck some people up. It'll be far north of $500. But for those who will be busted after a week or two, I'm sorry. I have more weighty concerns on my mind.
    I'm chilling a little bit today from initial pissed off beyond belief. He actually humanized things a little today instead of being King Fuckwad. The art gallery comment was pretty bougie but he did better.

He's still a humongous fuckwad. Don't twist. But maybe he reads HH and changed his messaging.

Based on what I can gather, we? who post here are relatively affluent. Time to put our money where our mouths are and do what we can, where we can. Takeout a couple times per week has to become part of the routine (similar to whatever you would normally do in terms of dining out). Haven't quite figure out how to help the bars but I'll work on it. Don't give your money to fucking charities. They are just going to waste it. Give it to the businesses so they can survive.

Banks need to put their earnings reports on the backburner and allow for mortgage vacations. They can borrow at zero from the Fed - this won't hurt them a bit. Landlords need to not be dicks and give their tenants a break.

Waiting around for the government to solve this is going to increase the pain. Stuff needs to be grassroots on how to help our neighbors. And now.

I feel like this is guvmints one chance on the pandemic thing. If they cried WOOF over some bullshit that doesn’t cause much harm, there is gonna be hell to pay. I’m not doing 6 weeks of no school every decade or more as the new normal.
    So again, it’s a no win. If we head it off you’ll say it wasn’t a big deal to begin with.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

pawz said:

Bankruptcy.

I'm chilling a little bit today from initial pissed off beyond belief. He actually humanized things a little today instead of being King Fuckwad. The art gallery comment was pretty bougie but he did better.

He's still a humongous fuckwad. Don't twist. But maybe he reads HH and changed his messaging.

Based on what I can gather, we? who post here are relatively affluent. Time to put our money where our mouths are and do what we can, where we can. Takeout a couple times per week has to become part of the routine (similar to whatever you would normally do in terms of dining out). Haven't quite figure out how to help the bars but I'll work on it. Don't give your money to fucking charities. They are just going to waste it. Give it to the businesses so they can survive.

Banks need to put their earnings reports on the backburner and allow for mortgage vacations. They can borrow at zero from the Fed - this won't hurt them a bit. Landlords need to not be dicks and give their tenants a break.

Waiting around for the government to solve this is going to increase the pain. Stuff needs to be grassroots on how to help our neighbors. And now.

I feel like this is guvmints one chance on the pandemic thing. If they cried WOOF over some bullshit that doesn’t cause much harm, there is gonna be hell to pay. I’m not doing 6 weeks of no school every decade or more as the new normal.
    So again, it’s a no win. If we head it off you’ll say it wasn’t a big deal to begin with.
    I’m LIPO.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I would love Inslee to be the unthanked hero, who acted boldly on his instincts, then was DAO’ed by a healthy electorate.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

pawz said:

Bankruptcy.

How does it feel to be the new Hondo?
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

What basis is Inslee using for his power grab?

Obvious, Democrat.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

What basis is Inslee using for his power grab?

This is an easy way for the Dems to implement a state income tax. The budget they just passed was based on seriously different numbers and economic conditions than what we have today. The hole they'll need to fill will likely be in the billions. The Dems are going to exploit the shit out of this virus.

Interestingly, an income tax is the one issue that could give some moderate district seats back to the R's.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,758
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Bankruptcy.

My intent was not to 'blame' Inslee. Statement of fact.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-06-04/the-400-emergency-expense-story-is-wrong

Apparently, I stand corrected. However, the stock market crashing certainly increases the probability the statistic could soon be true. Sooner than later.