Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coronavirus' Real Threat to Everyday Life

13»

Comments

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

pawz said:

Bankruptcy.

Remember, something like 80% of the population can't afford a $500 emergency. And Jay Inslee just told a large group of those people to stay home indefinitely.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/coronavirus-deaths-trump-stock-market-pandemic-economy-bankrupt-italy-a9394891.html

I'm not defending Inslee here. Other than the point @PurpleThrobber has made about perhaps showing a little more confidence and giving timelines that he's free to later revise, with which I agree wholeheartedly and for the reasons he gives, I'm not sure what I'd do differently given where he resides and governs.

With that all said, I honestly don't know a single person who couldn't survive a $500 emergency w/o it bankrupting them. If you were being sarcastic, then fine.

Still, your point stands. Staying home indefinitely while not getting paid for too long a period of time will fuck some people up. It'll be far north of $500. But for those who will be busted after a week or two, I'm sorry. I have more weighty concerns on my mind.
    I'm chilling a little bit today from initial pissed off beyond belief. He actually humanized things a little today instead of being King Fuckwad. The art gallery comment was pretty bougie but he did better.

He's still a humongous fuckwad. Don't twist. But maybe he reads HH and changed his messaging.

Based on what I can gather, we? who post here are relatively affluent. Time to put our money where our mouths are and do what we can, where we can. Takeout a couple times per week has to become part of the routine (similar to whatever you would normally do in terms of dining out). Haven't quite figure out how to help the bars but I'll work on it. Don't give your money to fucking charities. They are just going to waste it. Give it to the businesses so they can survive.

Banks need to put their earnings reports on the backburner and allow for mortgage vacations. They can borrow at zero from the Fed - this won't hurt them a bit. Landlords need to not be dicks and give their tenants a break.

Waiting around for the government to solve this is going to increase the pain. Stuff needs to be grassroots on how to help our neighbors. And now.

I feel like this is guvmints one chance on the pandemic thing. If they cried WOOF over some bullshit that doesn’t cause much harm, there is gonna be hell to pay. I’m not doing 6 weeks of no school every decade or more as the new normal.
    This is a .5% CFR virus. Not horribly deadly, but the need is to minimize asymptomatic transmission at this point so that local hospitals aren't inundated

Inundate the hospitals, and that .5% CFR rate increases because people can't get the care that they need. Neither can the generic cancer patients or the heart attack patients or the appendectomy patients that hospitals usually tend to

Children are conduits of asymptomatic transmission. Keep them home
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2020
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Bankruptcy.

Remember, something like 80% of the population can't afford a $500 emergency. And Jay Inslee just told a large group of those people to stay home indefinitely.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/coronavirus-deaths-trump-stock-market-pandemic-economy-bankrupt-italy-a9394891.html

I'm not defending Inslee here. Other than the point @PurpleThrobber has made about perhaps showing a little more confidence and giving timelines that he's free to later revise, with which I agree wholeheartedly and for the reasons he gives, I'm not sure what I'd do differently given where he resides and governs.

With that all said, I honestly don't know a single person who couldn't survive a $500 emergency w/o it bankrupting them. If you were being sarcastic, then fine.

Still, your point stands. Staying home indefinitely while not getting paid for too long a period of time will fuck some people up. It'll be far north of $500. But for those who will be busted after a week or two, I'm sorry. I have more weighty concerns on my mind.
    My intent was not to 'blame' Inslee. Statement of fact.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-06-04/the-400-emergency-expense-story-is-wrong

Apparently, I stand corrected. However, the stock market crashing certainly increases the probability the statistic could soon be true. Sooner than later.
    But still ... IR, YK

https://bit.ly/3dcRTuC
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

pawz said:

Bankruptcy.

I'm chilling a little bit today from initial pissed off beyond belief. He actually humanized things a little today instead of being King Fuckwad. The art gallery comment was pretty bougie but he did better.

He's still a humongous fuckwad. Don't twist. But maybe he reads HH and changed his messaging.

Based on what I can gather, we? who post here are relatively affluent. Time to put our money where our mouths are and do what we can, where we can. Takeout a couple times per week has to become part of the routine (similar to whatever you would normally do in terms of dining out). Haven't quite figure out how to help the bars but I'll work on it. Don't give your money to fucking charities. They are just going to waste it. Give it to the businesses so they can survive.

Banks need to put their earnings reports on the backburner and allow for mortgage vacations. They can borrow at zero from the Fed - this won't hurt them a bit. Landlords need to not be dicks and give their tenants a break.

Waiting around for the government to solve this is going to increase the pain. Stuff needs to be grassroots on how to help our neighbors. And now.

I feel like this is guvmints one chance on the pandemic thing. If they cried WOOF over some bullshit that doesn’t cause much harm, there is gonna be hell to pay. I’m not doing 6 weeks of no school every decade or more as the new normal.
    So again, it’s a no win. If we head it off you’ll say it wasn’t a big deal to begin with.
    I thought you told us that Trump screwed this up so bad we're already fucked?
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,178
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

Bankruptcy.

This is a .5% CFR virus. Not horribly deadly, but the need is to minimize asymptomatic transmission at this point so that local hospitals aren't inundated

Inundate the hospitals, and that .5% CFR rate increases because people can't get the care that they need. Neither can the generic cancer patients or the heart attack patients or the appendectomy patients that hospitals usually tend to

Dr. BearsWiin is the best BearsWiin...well that and the guy who tells us stories of victory coitus.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,650
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

Bankruptcy.

Always keep children home and away from me in general

Little annoying shits
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BearsWiin said:

pawz said:

Bankruptcy.

Children are walking petri dishes?!? You don't say.