Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Doomsday Scenario

Petersen bails out of UW contract.

Petersen signs at Texas for $5.5 million.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/2013/12/19/a-look-at-ncaa-bylaw-13-15-1/

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Washington-Chris-Petersen-Most-schools-and-coaches-dont-do-homework-on-each-other
Patrick asked his opinion on the Texas search. The opening has the biggest names in college and NFL football being asked by media about their interest. Petersen wonders if Texas will go for a big name more than the right fit.

“It’s gotta be the right fit. That’s a great place,” he said. “There’s a lot of great places out there for the right guy and the right fit. It’s not about throwing a name or a label out there and saying ‘Who’s the biggest name out there we can get?’ Everybody thinks like that for some reason. It’s really not like that. It might be someone that’s so much lower profile than the names everybody’s talking about.

Have a great day.

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,384 Swaye's Wigwam
    The MOU says "major violations."

This isn't major....I don't think.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,493 Standard Supporter
    Happy to be GrundleFS on this. Not coming from a deep well of optimism on Husky football though.
  • The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 521
    HuskyJW said:

Direct money transfer between a coach and the family, this has to be pretty serious no?

What scares me is if the NCAA investigates and finds more violations of this type. Does anyone really believe this was an isolated act? This staff of "great recruiters" had this reputation for a reason.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2013

HuskyJW said:

Direct money transfer between a coach and the family, this has to be pretty serious no?

What scares me is if the NCAA investigates and finds more violations of this type. Does anyone really believe this was an isolated act? This staff of "great recruiters" had this reputation for a reason.
    It's just improper benefits. Basham had already signed with UW before all of the money changing hands took place. Recruiting violations are much worse. Basham didn't get money to sign with UW. With Tosh and Sark gone, I highly doubt anything substantial happens to UW unless the NCAA finds a bunch of other shit.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Texas is not Peterson's kind of state
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,067 Standard Supporter

HuskyJW said:

It's just improper benefits. Basham had already signed with UW before all of the money changing hands took place. Recruiting violations are much worse. Basham didn't get money to sign with UW. With Tosh and Sark gone, I highly doubt anything substantial happens to UW.

Good point on the technicalities of when it happened. Maybe one of our resident HHB Clubhouse lawyers can get to work on this and sort it all out.
  • dnc said:

I'm hearing Texas isn't OKG enough for Petersen.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,493 Standard Supporter

dnc said:

I'm hearing Texas isn't OKG enough for Petersen.
    True... The Horns are pointy.
    And edgy.