Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Time to Man Up - Place your bets on the number

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,699
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Standard Supporter
Of course, the counselor, dodo and scotty are excused. 80,000 offed in the 2017-2018 flu season.

I'm going with 20,000 by next October.

CORONAVIRUS IN PERSPECTIVE
Rightly or wrongly, coronavirus has come to dominate the news and has devastated the stock market, at least temporarily. Government at all levels is afraid of being accused of doing too little, and therefore is, if anything, contributing to an atmosphere of panic.

At this point, we don’t know how serious the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S. will ultimately be. So far, the latest total I have seen is 38 deaths in the U.S. No doubt that total will increase significantly, but will it rise to the level of the estimated 80,000 flu deaths that the U.S. experienced just two years ago, the winter of 2017-18? I created this chart, which shows coronavirus fatalities to date compared with the 2017-18 total. There is a line there for coronavirus, but you can’t see it yet.

My plan is to continue to update the chart as coronavirus infections continue. I think it will be a valuable tool to put coronavirus in perspective. Perhaps, by this time next year, the coronavirus bar will be several multiples of the 2017-18 bar. Perhaps not.

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2020
    I'm predicting 350,000 Americans dead from corona by end of 2020. Take your screenshots fuckos.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Abstention due to at risk 2 yr old child.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Less than N1H1 and Obama’s magnificent handling of it. It’s well know that he had plenty of tests.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm predicting 350,000 Americans dead from corona by end of 2020. Take your screenshots fuckos.

That’s your hope anyway.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656

Experts will estimate 5,000 including @RaceBannon but they can fuck the fuck off. He's been through them all since the plague.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam

Less than N1H1 and Obama’s magnificent handling of it. It’s well know that he had plenty of tests.

So the tests didn't cure it?
    Swaye's Wigwam

So the tests didn't cure it?
    I think they might have cured some. Others were told they have a cold.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So Trump killed 80 000 people two years ago?

How can we tell what is COVID and what is flu?

They'll be lumped so 40K
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

And if you’re right you can pop off all you want. Woe unto you if you’re wrong.

I’m outta the prediction bidness myself.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,954
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You think it's over by the end of this year? Next winter will probably be the worse.

By the end of this year I'd predict 100,000 US deaths.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

You think it's over by the end of this year? Next winter will probably be the worse.

lol

Keep hope alive

And wait till next winter!!!!
    Hillary will be handling it better by then.
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

lol

Keep hope alive

And wait till next winter!!!!
    Hillary will be handling it better by then.
    Sounds like @HHusky doesn't like the way she will be handling it
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Of course, the counselor, dodo and scotty are excused. 80,000 offed in the 2017-2018 flu season.

I'm going with 20,000 by next October.

CORONAVIRUS IN PERSPECTIVE
    Rightly or wrongly, coronavirus has come to dominate the news and has devastated the stock market, at least temporarily. Government at all levels is afraid of being accused of doing too little, and therefore is, if anything, contributing to an atmosphere of panic.

At this point, we don’t know how serious the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S. will ultimately be. So far, the latest total I have seen is 38 deaths in the U.S. No doubt that total will increase significantly, but will it rise to the level of the estimated 80,000 flu deaths that the U.S. experienced just two years ago, the winter of 2017-18? I created this chart, which shows coronavirus fatalities to date compared with the 2017-18 total. There is a line there for coronavirus, but you can’t see it yet.

My plan is to continue to update the chart as coronavirus infections continue. I think it will be a valuable tool to put coronavirus in perspective. Perhaps, by this time next year, the coronavirus bar will be several multiples of the 2017-18 bar. Perhaps not.

Don’t update. You might get this message:

I’ll say 30, 000.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    HHusky said:

Depends on how quickly you think work can be done to prevent next winter’s activity ... by all accounts appears that 1) significant progress is being done here and 2) Trump noted that there was going to be significant pulling of red tape to fast track solutions

Flattening the curve has the chance to buy a lot of time to finding good solutions
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

They'll be lumped so 40K

This I actually believe to be true. There's going to be a large number of reclassifications that otherwise would have died regardless.

Bureaucrats fudge numbers - it's what they do.

Especially bureaucrats who would do ANYTHING to see Trump lose.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,253
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

They'll be lumped so 40K

This I actually believe to be true. There's going to be a large number of reclassifications that otherwise would have died regardless.

Bureaucrats fudge numbers - it's what they do.

Especially bureaucrats who would do ANYTHING to see Trump lose.
    There isn't a rat in Congress that wouldn't trade 350K little people deaths for Trumps loss in the upcoming elections.