Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I’ll try and keep this updated(I know, NOC but is is Leach)....Leach has a huge talent pool from MS to recruit. ...more than fatgin WA...but the best go play for AL and LA. Hell, the Mr. MS #1 recruit from 2 years ago(I remember him well caus he put the team that put us out in 6A) went to fukn Fl St...Cam Ackers. Look him up. A baller.

Wanna see if Leach can not only recruit “in state”(has competition now with Kiffin) and keep them here, but develop them. We the butt of SEC, deliverance style.

Leach better know that and anxious to see what can do. Be awesome if he can compete. We have our moments. Gone be a fun season but not expecting much. Fk, Mullen was here.
    I

Leach couldn't recruit in-state talent in Washington.

What makes you think he'll be able to beat off (heh heh) the hotties at Ole Miss, the coffee cups from Bama and the corndogs at LSU?

Historically you are correct, especially, like I said above, Bama and LSU when it comes to higher star players. I really don’t expect that to change.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    SECDAWG said:

I’ll try and keep this updated(I know, NOC but is is Leach)....Leach has a huge talent pool from MS to recruit. ...more than fatgin WA...but the best go play for AL and LA. Hell, the Mr. MS #1 recruit from 2 years ago(I remember him well caus he put the team that put us out in 6A) went to fukn Fl St...Cam Ackers. Look him up. A baller.

Wanna see if Leach can not only recruit “in state”(has competition now with Kiffin) and keep them here, but develop them. We the butt of SEC, deliverance style.

Leach better know that and anxious to see what can do. Be awesome if he can compete. We have our moments. Gone be a fun season but not expecting much. Fk, Mullen was here.

edited March 2020

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mississippi-State-wins-in-state-for-2020-143662798/Amp/

Mississippi State recently wrapped up the 2020 recruiting cycle with four new signees inking their national letters of intent last week. In the current crop of newcomers, the Bulldogs signed 15 newcomers from Mississippi. Add in graduate transfer Scott Lashley (Alabama) and the Bulldogs have once again proven to to be the overwhelming choice for products of Mississippi high school programs.
    In the 247Sports player rankings for the state of Mississippi, the Bulldogs appear to have done well within the borders of their home state. Four of the top ten prospects in the state of Mississippi, inked on with the Bulldogs for the class of 2020. In fact, ten of the top 25 prospects within the state have set their college destination for Starkville, Mississippi. Ole Miss signed three of the top 25, while LSU and Indiana inked a pair of highly ranked Mississippi recruits.

Each and every year, the Clarion Ledger announces its Dandy Dozen. The list is comprised of what that publication believes are the top senior high school football players in the Magnolia State. This year, the entire group signed on with SEC programs.
    Alex Adams of South Pike (LSU), Jevon Banks of Olive Branch (Mississippi State), Janari Dean of South Panola (Mississippi State), Montra Edwards of Holmes County Central (Missouri), Lideatrick Griffin of Philadelphia (Mississippi State), Josaih Hayes of Horn Lake (Kentucky), Xavier Hill of Olive Branch (LSU), Jimmy Holiday of Madison Central (Tennessee), McKinnley Jackson of George County (Texas A&M), Dillon Johnson of Greenville-St. Joe (Mississippi State), Jeremiah Pegues of Oxford (Auburn) and Will Rogers of Brandon (Mississippi State) comprised the list.
    Mississippi State signed five of that dozen players, while in state foes Ole Miss and Southern Miss did not sign a single player included in this year's selections.

The Mississippi All-Star team earned a hard fought victory in overtime over their counterparts from Alabama in the annual battle for bragging rights in the Mississippi/Alabama All-Star game. The Magnolia Staters were led by a solid nucleus of Mississippi State signees.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mississippi-State-wins-in-state-for-2020-143662798/Amp/

Mississippi State recently wrapped up the 2020 recruiting cycle with four new signees inking their national letters of intent last week. In the current crop of newcomers, the Bulldogs signed 15 newcomers from Mississippi. Add in graduate transfer Scott Lashley (Alabama) and the Bulldogs have once again proven to to be the overwhelming choice for products of Mississippi high school programs.
    In the 247Sports player rankings for the state of Mississippi, the Bulldogs appear to have done well within the borders of their home state. Four of the top ten prospects in the state of Mississippi, inked on with the Bulldogs for the class of 2020. In fact, ten of the top 25 prospects within the state have set their college destination for Starkville, Mississippi. Ole Miss signed three of the top 25, while LSU and Indiana inked a pair of highly ranked Mississippi recruits.

Each and every year, the Clarion Ledger announces its Dandy Dozen. The list is comprised of what that publication believes are the top senior high school football players in the Magnolia State. This year, the entire group signed on with SEC programs.
    Alex Adams of South Pike (LSU), Jevon Banks of Olive Branch (Mississippi State), Janari Dean of South Panola (Mississippi State), Montra Edwards of Holmes County Central (Missouri), Lideatrick Griffin of Philadelphia (Mississippi State), Josaih Hayes of Horn Lake (Kentucky), Xavier Hill of Olive Branch (LSU), Jimmy Holiday of Madison Central (Tennessee), McKinnley Jackson of George County (Texas A&M), Dillon Johnson of Greenville-St. Joe (Mississippi State), Jeremiah Pegues of Oxford (Auburn) and Will Rogers of Brandon (Mississippi State) comprised the list.
    Mississippi State signed five of that dozen players, while in state foes Ole Miss and Southern Miss did not sign a single player included in this year's selections.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    SECDAWG said:

The Mississippi All-Star team earned a hard fought victory in overtime over their counterparts from Alabama in the annual battle for bragging rights in the Mississippi/Alabama All-Star game. The Magnolia Staters were led by a solid nucleus of Mississippi State signees.

NOC
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656

What makes you think he'll be able to beat off (heh heh) the hotties at Ole Miss, the coffee cups from Bama and the corndogs at LSU?

As a sidenote, Collins Tuohy is 32 years old now.

Which almost puts her in the Throbber's acceptable age range.

dnc said:

SECDAWG said:

NOC

Horse poopy.

Everyone cares about Leach in the NCAAF.

I’m just skeptical about him landing at State. He doin good so far tho, recruiting and maintaining wise.

As said,I’ll keep ya updated, and I already said in OP, NOC.

NOC. But this is a college football board. Not an echo chamber.

As a sidenote, Collins Tuohy is 32 years old now.

Which almost puts her in the Throbber's acceptable age range.

Throbber, I have a good idea as to know you know how good these poor redneck no teeth gals in the souf can look...
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SECDAWG said:

Leach recruits the QB and lets the assistants do the rest. He's lazy like that.
    salemcoog said:

SECDAWG said:

Sounds about right.

edited March 2020
    https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/mississippi-state-football-5-ways-the-bulldogs-will-measure-success-in-2020/

Find creative ways to use Kylin Hill
    Kylin Hill rushed for 1,350 yards last season, but that’s likely not the area where Leach will boost Hill’s numbers. A proven runner with NFL aspirations, Hill had 18 catches in 13 games. By comparison, Washington State’s backup running back had 17 catches last season.
    The Cougars’ top running back, Max Borghi, a sophomore, made 86 catches for 597 yards and 5 touchdowns. Leach’s offense combined with Hill’s aspirations to expand his NFL résumé will lead to more production from Hill.

Running Back. A good one. A top one IN all of NCAAF, borrow none.. See how Leach utilizes him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/saturdayblitz.com/2020/03/11/mississippi-state-football-kj-costello-will-excel-mike-leach/amp/

Don’t be surprised if Costello is near the top of the conference in almost all passing categories as he has the most potential of any Leach quarterback in years.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020
    SECDAWG said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/saturdayblitz.com/2020/03/11/mississippi-state-football-kj-costello-will-excel-mike-leach/amp/

Don’t be surprised if Costello is near the top of the conference in almost all passing categories as he has the most potential of any Leach quarterback in years.

Leach does really well against teams with good defenses that love to run the ball most of the time.

Should work out for cowbell nation.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    salemcoog said:

SECDAWG said:

Halliday was already there.

Gesser recruited Falk.

You saw what happened to Hilinsky (too soon?)

Minshew was like Richard Gere crying in An Officer and A Gentleman "I got nowhere else to go".

So, yeah...lazy is pretty accurate.

salemcoog said:

SECDAWG said:

Halliday was already there.

Gesser recruited Falk.

You saw what happened to Hilinsky (too soon?)

Minshew was like Richard Gere crying in An Officer and A Gentleman "I got nowhere else to go".

So, yeah...lazy is pretty accurate.

Agree with all except the Minshew part.

He was a helluva QB at Brandon, Ms in high school(I know) and could have played at a lot of schools. He just got lucky with Leach. Guess Leach can sniff em out caus Minshew coulda excelled anywhere.