Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Forest Gump couch sale pending?

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,969
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

I gotcha bro.

Just saying I have the soundtrack in CD from Forest Gump in a 2 CD set, and I still
    Listen to it. It’s in my “CD”(the horror) disk changer right now
    In my truck. I like it that much.

I will relent, I’m not as adept in nowadays tech in music and soundbar shit, but I love it. Just been too busy with kids and ball but I love sound...real good sound.

When I get time to upgrade my tech, I’m definitely hollering at you.

All in all, Forest Gump music is right up my alley, not only for great music, but I been some of there, if you will... now I may get this message from
    @DerekJohnson

It was great soundtrack for that era to introduce neophytes to the classics of the 60s and 70s.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,886
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

SECDAWG said:

I gotcha bro.

Just saying I have the soundtrack in CD from Forest Gump in a 2 CD set, and I still

I will relent, I’m not as adept in nowadays tech in music and soundbar shit, but I love it. Just been too busy with kids and ball but I love sound...real good sound.

All in all, Forest Gump music is right up my alley, not only for great music, but I been some of there, if you will... now I may get this message from
    @DerekJohnson

It was great soundtrack for that era to introduce neophytes to the classics of the 60s and 70s.

The Big Chill says 'hold my beer'.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,969
    Swaye's Wigwam

SECDAWG said:

I gotcha bro.

@DerekJohnson

The Big Chill says 'hold my beer'.
    It was a single LP though. Nowhere near the breadth of Forest Gump.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,474
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Apocalypse Now was first and best and set the template for every Vietnam movie to follow right down to the soundtrack and lighting huts on fire with a zippo

It's the only one you ever have to watch but there are certainly others well worth watching like Full Metal Jacket
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    hell - I guess I am backward - I am watching HBTV* on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5ouJtei6-Q

*Hillbilly
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Apocalypse Now was first and best and set the template for every Vietnam movie to follow right down to the soundtrack and lighting huts on fire with a zippo

It's the only one you ever have to watch but there are certainly others well worth watching like Full Metal Jacket

Hamburger Hill

Not many Vietnam War vets like to talk about that experience or watch any of the movies but Had an older friend that watched em and he was a copter machine gunner and asked him long ago what movie best depicts his experience from Vietnam and Platoon, FMJ, etc was out by this time and he said Hamburger Hill.

I’ve Watched it many times, as well as all the others and HH is pretty intense. Love the basic training phase of FMJ tho with gunny.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’ve always liked Platoon. Not as much as Apocolypse now, but Platoon is the 2nd best along with Full Metal Jacket.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did hanks die yet?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,886

Did hanks die yet?

Yes. In Philadelphia.