Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Live Look at Bernie Sanders

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,089
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club

Imagine being a shoe in to win when you woke up 4 days ago, and now having basically no chance. Imagine that.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I'm actually impressed that the dems were able to so quickly yank Pete and Amy, ignore Bloomberg, and consolidate to throw all of their weight behind Joe in just a matter of days. I thought Joe was good and dead, but his reanimated corpse absolutely cleaned up yesterday.

It's what the RNC wished they did in summer 2016.
    By the time they consolidated the never-Trump vote, it was too late and he was off and running, completely reinventing the GOP.

Yep.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,089
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I'm actually impressed that the dems were able to so quickly yank Pete and Amy, ignore Bloomberg, and consolidate to throw all of their weight behind Joe in just a matter of days. I thought Joe was good and dead, but his reanimated corpse absolutely cleaned up yesterday.

It's what the RNC wished they did in summer 2016. By the time they consolidated the never-Trump vote, it was too late and he was off and running, completely reinventing the GOP.

All Trump did was give voice to the Republican base that had been ignored by the party. The party talked a good game around election time but once they got into office they never delivered. See McCain's promise to build a wall back in 2010. If by making the GOP live up to what it was promising, then yes he "reinvented" it.

https://youtu.be/r0lwusMxiHc
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

It's what the RNC wished they did in summer 2016. By the time they consolidated the never-Trump vote, it was too late and he was off and running, completely reinventing the GOP.

All Trump did was give voice to the Republican base that had been ignored by the party. The party talked a good game around election time but once they got into office they never delivered. See McCain's promise to build a wall back in 2010. If by making the GOP live up to what it was promising, then yes he "reinvented" it.

https://youtu.be/r0lwusMxiHc
    Ctrl + H "Trump" for "Bernie" and it's essentially the same process, albeit with vastly different personalities and policies. The GOP did not want Trump. They were slow to react and did not stop him. The DNC did not want Bernie. Right now it looks like they're effectively stopped him in his tracks.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

This. The DNC learned from the RNC's collapse. I will give the Dems credit, they know how to do machine politics. The GOP has always been a bunch of losers since Reagan.
    Generally agree but also agree with Bob that Trump was a populist with items that are actually popular. But in general the Dems are a lot better at politics and the machine because they live and breathe it. Bill has been the closest thing to a democrat outsider but he had always been in politics and government himself and then took over the machine and still runs a lot of it

I think the GOP did everything the dems are doing this year to stop Trump in 2016 but the people were behind Trump. You can't buy it or cook it up in a lab. It either happens or it doesn't.

Bernie inspires loyalty but his populist views lack widespread popularity and would have hit the wall against Trump

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_2016_Republican_Party_presidential_primaries

By Nevada in Feb the GOP was down to Trump, Cruz, and Rubio. The GOP also didn't stack Super Tuesday as much as the dems did this year. You could criticize Rubio for staying in too long but even when it did get down to Cruz, Trump was the winner

The GOP establishment lost after the first debate. All their eggs were with Jeb. Cruz wasn't much more popular than Trump among the establishment

Facts is Trump is a lot smarter and better politician that anyone wants to admit. Doesn't mean the democrats can't find anyone that can win because we are 50-50 since 1980. The only sure thing is that America is fickle
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,219

@dnc is going after Tulsi now. Apparently she resurrected her campaign by getting some delegates which got her back to the next debate

But no, @dnc wants to change the rules again

Mostly the Throbber just wants to cup her breasts....

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,464
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    All 647 Bloomberd voters are now behind Slow Joe.

Geez how much did it cost him per vote?