Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trey Adams May Have Run and Talked His Way Out of an NFL Draft Pick

2»

Comments

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,354 Swaye's Wigwam
    My observation was that the 2016 line was fit and fast. After getting bounced around by Bama, the emphasis became getting bigger, and this was seen across the line, but unfortunately it was in fat stomachs and not in rhino cum muscles.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited March 2020

haie said:

Worried that Huff can recruit and not much else. We've had the worst passblocking in the league for awhile now.

If anything, these combine results actually make me feel like there's more of a chance Huff's coaching isn't a lost cause. Here I thought he wasn't able to do shit with a massive line full of NFL potential, but then the combine results demonstrate that your starting left tackle is almost as fast as my mother in law--pre or post hip replacement and your all-conference center makes up for lack of size with lack of strength (still a great player who will be missed, don't twist). It's no wonder dumb shit like guards popping out to block edge rushers was happening and the scheme was too complex to be reliably executed against pressure. "Line up and block this gap" is easy. "Well, if they're going to do x, we need to do this crazy-ass y to protect players a, b, and c from their physical limitations" is hard.

The concerning thing, then, is why was a guy like that starting at left tackle? Was it more seniority and loyalty crap or was there literally nobody better, in which case fuck us all moving forward.
    Some valid points to consider, but let’s not confuse Adams combine for him sucking. Dude might have been overrated, but he was definitely an above average LT.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    haie said:

Worried that Huff can recruit and not much else. We've had the worst passblocking in the league for awhile now.

Wrong
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    This comment had to come from someone here.

"Or, a different take is...Adams wants for nothing. What man hasn’t said the same response when literally nothing else came to mind. This kid has guts, humility, inherited football genes (GGF is Carl C Hinkle) and everything a NFL prospect could ask for. He’s already fixed his weak spots. His back and knees are solid. He’s had the best training at UW and any QB would want this type of protection and dedication to the game and his team.
    Adams IS the same player that everyone was talking about his sophomore year. As a UW fan, I thought Adams looked great at the 2020 Combine. His knees looked solid while running and doing drills and his back DID NOT give up.
    Adams wants to “legally hit people” and teams want that drive and thought process. Adams is coach able, grounded, humble and ready to go.
    It doesn’t get any more real than Trey Adams."