Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Clinched LAST in pac 12

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m not giving up!
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This team is so laughable bad that a UW reject that WDWA came into Hec Ed and not only beat us, but popped off while doing it.

This year, next year, and the foreseeable future look ugly. Does anyone still think Hop will land Banchero? I don’t.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This team is so laughable bad that a UW reject that WDWA came into Hec Ed and not only beat us, but popped off while doing it.

This year, next year, and the foreseeable future look ugly. Does anyone still think Hop will land Banchero? I don’t.

DGAF about Banchero because it’s a bandaid and him alone won’t do anything anyways.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2020
    Doogles said:

When we win the P12 tourney you're not allowed back on the wagon!

Honestly UW is worth throwing some money on if they’re 30:1 or lower just based off talent and there being no great teams in the conference (Oregon is the top team but look like shit half the time).
  • Options

DGAF about Banchero because it’s a bandaid and him alone won’t do anything anyways.
    Sure, but him plus the rest of the in state talent in ‘21 is a thing we want. Nowell’s little bro is good.
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited March 2020
    ntxduck said:

Doogles said:

Honestly UW is worth throwing some money on if they’re 30:1 or lower just based off talent and there being no great teams in the conference (Oregon is the top team but look like shit half the time).
    The Pac12 is so mediocre that yeah, on any given night UW could beat any Pac12 team. But, I don't think this team could win 4 in a row in the big sky tournament let alone the Pac12 tourney.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

ntxduck said:

Doogles said:

The Pac12 is so mediocre that yeah, on any given night UW could beat any Pac12 team. But, I don't think this team could win 4 in a row in the big sky tournament let alone the Pac12 tourney.
    but WE BEAT BAYLOR!!!

We still have time for your young guys to get better!!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    At that point, Banchero would be a fool to come to UW.

• Options
    Baylor just lost to TCU and PJ Fuller, another local recruit that Hop failed to secure.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited March 2020

Baylor just lost to TCU and PJ Fuller, another local recruit that Hop failed to secure.

Solid MBA program. Hard to blame a kid
    I never blame a kid for getting a TCU education. Lolz.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    ntxduck said:

Really gonna trigger someone on this board, but Tcu is for kids who can’t get into smu, and smu is for kids who can’t get into USC.
    TCU is for kids who can't get into SMU; SMU is for kids who can't get into Baylor; Baylor is for kids who can't get into TAMU; TAMU is for kids who can't get into Texas; Texas is for kids who can't get into Rice.

Or something.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

Really gonna trigger someone on this board, but Tcu is for kids who can’t get into smu, and smu is for kids who can’t get into USC.
    TCU is for kids who can't get into SMU; SMU is for kids who can't get into Baylor; Baylor is for kids who can't get into TAMU; TAMU is for kids who can't get into Texas; Texas is for kids who can't get into Rice.

Or something.

Hook 'em.

• Options

Davis on Stanford, Erik Stevenson in Wichita State, Emmett Matthews, Elleby, Noah Williams, Fuller.

A few of these guys should be Dawgs and we would be improved with them. Hop has failed recruiting. These are all guys besides Elleby that will be four year players and all would slightly improve the roster. Elleby would improve us a lot.

In state recruiting is vital and Hop hasn’t gotten it done. The players were there to improve the team. Hop just didn’t get them or even worse, passed on them. Again, Hop is a disaster and needs to GTFO. I pray that somehow we get bailed out and he bolts elsewhere. Nobody will want him after this season tho.
    I wasn’t that high on Elleby after seeing him a bunch in HS. He was taller than most but just seemed slow and soft. He’s playing much better than I would have expected.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Davis on Stanford, Erik Stevenson in Wichita State, Emmett Matthews, Elleby, Noah Williams, Fuller.

A few of these guys should be Dawgs and we would be improved with them. Hop has failed recruiting. These are all guys besides Elleby that will be four year players and all would slightly improve the roster. Elleby would improve us a lot.

In state recruiting is vital and Hop hasn’t gotten it done. The players were there to improve the team. Hop just didn’t get them or even worse, passed on them. Again, Hop is a disaster and needs to GTFO. I pray that somehow we get bailed out and he bolts elsewhere. Nobody will want him after this season tho.
    I wasn’t that high on Elleby after seeing him a bunch in HS. He was taller than most but just seemed slow and soft. He’s playing much better than I would have expected.
    Same. he was a'ight - saw him at the state tournament. But nothing special like @BearsWiin on a rowing machine or something.

Hop is horrific on the local front. There's a couple showcase events at BCC this spring - if he's not parked directly on his ass beneath the east basket the entire weekend, he needs to GTFO.

He should hop his ass on a plane and fly up to Tacoma for the day today, then turn around and go back to Tucson on a redeye. Show some fucking presence.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    Standard Supporter

This is all true, but added to that is he brought in guys who were all more highly-regarded and had more upside (Bey, Hardy, Hameir, Naz, BPJ, Roberts) and they have been wildly inconsistent at best, but mostly dogshit.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

This is all true, but added to that is he brought in guys who were all more highly-regarded and had more upside (Bey, Hardy, Hameir, Naz, BPJ, Roberts) and they have been wildly inconsistent at best, but mostly dogshit.
    Hops most surprising disappointment from this season is that he probably is just a bad coach that cant develop talent that got lucky with a self motivated team (Crisp, Nowell, Dickerson) and one of the greatest college defenders of all time (Thybulle).

Before this season I assumed he really was maxing out guys potential; like Crisp, Dickerson, Nowell, and Tybulle limited skill or raw athleticism, but its obvious from this season the players who are still in the program haven't improved at all...