Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jacob Eason, QB from UW, on his first days at the NFL combine

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,682 Standard Supporter

Did he wear the traditional UW QB uniform of red golf shirt and khakis to the interviews?

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,000 Founders Club
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Did he get an offer from the Taylor Barton passing academy yet?
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,055

"[Eason] was too comfortable. He thought that he owned the room. He doesn’t understand the magnitude of all this," McShay said on NFL Live on Thursday, after checking in with "a couple of people I really trust with quarterbacks." The Washington signal-caller has perhaps the strongest arm in this class, but that's just one plus-aspect in the overall evaluation. McShay referred to Eason as a "wild card" prospect.

lmao, did skinny take his fuckin pants off or something? and no shit he's a 'wild card,' see him play last year?

McShay has been a "wildcard" analyst for over 10 years. Him and Kiper are pretty much useless.
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 896

McShay was saying this bullshit before the process even started. He said he would easily take Fromm over Eason. They spread this shit to reinforce their opinions.

Fromm has a much higher floor, much lower ceiling

Fromm strikes me as a career backup type, Eason will either be the next stafford or be out of the league after a couple years

Fromm is a very likable guy, and it's probably not allowing scouts to look at him objectively, not the same playstyle, but reminds me of how tebow did the same thing with certain scouts

Oddly McShay wasn't one of them so maybe I'm wrong, but fromm just doesn't really excite me as a prospect
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236

"[Eason] was too comfortable. He thought that he owned the room. He doesn’t understand the magnitude of all this," McShay said on NFL Live on Thursday, after checking in with "a couple of people I really trust with quarterbacks." The Washington signal-caller has perhaps the strongest arm in this class, but that's just one plus-aspect in the overall evaluation. McShay referred to Eason as a "wild card" prospect.

lmao, did skinny take his fuckin pants off or something? and no shit he's a 'wild card,' see him play last year?

McShay has been a "wildcard" analyst for over 10 years. Him and Kiper are pretty much useless.
    Kiper deserves respect for inventing the position and using early ESPN draft coverage to make a career that I assume has treated him well. Always give the innovator the credit

I've never understood why we? needed a McShay too. As far as I can tell we don't
    You always need a foil.

You have Stephen A and then you have

Kiper deserves respect for inventing the position and using early ESPN draft coverage to make a career that I assume has treated him well. Always give the innovator the credit

I've never understood why we? needed a McShay too. As far as I can tell we don't
    You need the "foil" ... So they can argue with each other. It's more entertaining that way, supposedly.

Like your Skip Bayless or Max Kellerman to your Stephen A.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,560 Founders Club

I bear Skinny no ill will at all. I just don't care.

exactly
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

I bear Skinny no ill will at all. I just don't care.

Does he play for uw?
  • WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    bigcc said:

McShay was saying this bullshit before the process even started. He said he would easily take Fromm over Eason. They spread this shit to reinforce their opinions.

Fromm strikes me as a career backup type, Eason will either be the next stafford or be out of the league after a couple years

Fromm is a very likable guy, and it's probably not allowing scouts to look at him objectively, not the same playstyle, but reminds me of how tebow did the same thing with certain scouts

Oddly McShay wasn't one of them so maybe I'm wrong, but fromm just doesn't really excite me as a prospect
    My thoughts exactly, Fromm is a much safer pick.
    If i'm an NFL GM and i'm looking for a QB to potentially step in and start next year, and I don't have a realistic chance at getting Burrow, Herbert or Tua, i'd take Fromm and stay the hell away from Eason, as he's much more mentally ready for the league. If the team already has an established, veteran QB who's probably going to be on his way out in the next few years though, i'd be more inclined to take the chance on Eason.
    I feel as if Eason needs to land on a team where he'll have the luxury of sitting and learning the system for at least 2 years before being expected to start, if he's going to be successful in the NFL.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    bigcc said:

Both could be out of the league fairly soon. Eason has the arm. That’s it.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

bigcc said:

Both could be out of the league fairly soon. Eason has the arm. That’s it.
    Skinny = Mallet, down to the “bad interviews.” McShay is a joke, draft analysts are just BDTW/TBS noids with a bigger stage.

Truth-ed it up.
  • coronabruincoronabruin Member Posts: 1,480
    Did they measure his dick?
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    did they measure his disdain for Bush/Petrrman’s decisions to keep all the capable and tall wide receivers off the field?