Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mora Building a Dynasty at Washington

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302
Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited April 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageMora Building a Dynasty at Washington

Mark Emmert's bold hire of Jim Mora Back in 2007 brought in a new golden age of Husky Football. But now the pressure is building. Can Mora lead Washington to it's third Rose Bowl in four years?

Read the full story here

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Great bitter and political cult of personality stomp your feet article as always. We dodged a bullet on Mora. Everybody says so
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He will implode soon. I'm hearing he flys into a rage when someone calls him Jim Mora Jr.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,160
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Mora is mean....his attitude wouldn't fit on Montlake.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was curious how Paul Allen let Mora out of his CONTRACT. Any scoop on that?
  • CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kim Grinolds is stupid.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Disagree.

Imaginary 9-4 seasons >>>> imaginary Rose Bowl wins.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Offseason Natty >>>> Imaginary 9-4 season >>>> Imaginary Rose Bowl wins
    Swaye's Wigwam

Offseason Natty >>>> Imaginary 9-4 season >>>> Imaginary Rose Bowl wins

Disagree. Emmert could have changed history.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Dodged a big time bullet. Never trust a guy with beady eyes and Mora has beady eyes...
  • WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Mora was unproven as a college coach head coach. So glad we went with a guy with college head coaching experience and a big price tag.
  • Dan HennesseyDan Hennessey Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Fantastic job with an alternate perspective on Husky football. This is a much needed criticism of an unproven head coach who still has a LOT to learn about just being the MAN in what we all wish to be a big time program. Optimist or pessimist should be able to see our reality. If it were not for MISTER Wilcox and his staff, I think there would be a lot more unhappy fans. I will say the program was so far down, it is not surprising we are not back yet. This does not excuse the obvious coaching errors on the field and their lack of adjustments and/ or preparation.
  • volcanodawgvolcanodawg Member Posts: 282
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Back to Back Holiday Bowls > Back to Back Rose Bowls

So glad Sark is the guy!
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I love this mock story. Maybe not two rose bowls for Mora, but at least one, like every other husky coach that was worth his weight. Sark has already fell short of that tradition. Now people are hoping for 9 wins.

On the other board I said I EXPECTED 10 wins, realistic or not, and got ran off. How many times do I have to say that that should be expected in year 5 of any coache's tenure. Sark should be expected to win 10' games in his 5th year. That's it. Pretty ssimple. Not win the national title, just win 10. 6-7-8-9-10! That's a one-game improvement every year. Not much to ask for.
    Not going to get into the variables the excuse-makers always use.

Ill get into this later as I finally have A forum I can tell the truth, without getting ridiculed by a bunch of Rosey, clueless, Johnny-come-lately husky fans with a keyboard but no clue. I rarely even post there anymore. God bless this site, and thank you North for the invitation!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam

I love this mock story. Maybe not two rose bowls for Mora, but at least one, like every other husky coach that was worth his weight. Sark has already fell short of that tradition. Now people are hoping for 9 wins.

On the other board I said I EXPECTED 10 wins, realistic or not, and got ran off. How many times do I have to say that that should be expected in year 5 of any coache's tenure. Sark should be expected to win 10' games in his 5th year. That's it. Pretty ssimple. Not win the national title, just win 10. 6-7-8-9-10! That's a one-game improvement every year. Not much to ask for.

Ill get into this later as I finally have A forum I can tell the truth, without getting ridiculed by a bunch of Rosey, clueless, Johnny-come-lately husky fans with a keyboard but no clue. I rarely even post there anymore. God bless this site, and thank you North for the invitation!

What a silly post

Swaye's Wigwam

This is 2013. Things are different than the used to be. If you expect tough lines, and serious game prep, well, you're just looking for things the be disappointed about. Just exactly who is better than Sark that would take the job. Everyone else turned it down. Stop being silly and move forward.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Steel, you have always been an entertaining poster, but you ask for some of the ridicule you get on dawgman when you predict Cal is going to win the Pac 12 North. You might not be a rosey, Johnny-come-lately Husky fan, but you have proven to be clueless many times.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Not enough FleenorNews obsession to truly be sugarlamboheader. Try harder.