Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

De Blasio to Buttigieg: “Try to Not be So Smug When You Just Got Your Ass Kicked”

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

De Blasio is such a fucking loser.

The guy is incapable of even putting in a 40 hour work week.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,195
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like Mayor Cheat needs to win Nevada then pop off
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,146
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2020
    Mayors in the White House
    Calvin Coolidge is the only American mayor to be vice-president. His political career took him from the Mayor’s Office of Northampton, Massachusetts to the White House. After serving as vice-president for two years, Coolidge assumed the presidency in 1923 when President Warren Harding died in office. Coolidge remains only the second mayor to become president. The first was Grover Cleveland, former mayor of Buffalo, New York, in 1886.

No mayor of a major American city has become president.

http://www.citymayors.com/politics/usa-mayors-white-house.html

With few exceptions, Jefferson had little sympathy for the people who lived in cities. "The mobs of great cities add just so much to support of pure government as sores do to the strength of the human body," he wrote. Jefferson idealized the “virtuous” farmer and small artisan of rural America: “I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries as long as they are chiefly agricultural… When [people] get plied upon one another in large cities… they will become corrupt."
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,333
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Pete looks tougher than Deblasio:

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Mayors in the White House
    Calvin Coolidge is the only American mayor to be vice-president. His political career took him from the Mayor’s Office of Northampton, Massachusetts to the White House. After serving as vice-president for two years, Coolidge assumed the presidency in 1923 when President Warren Harding died in office. Coolidge remains only the second mayor to become president. The first was Grover Cleveland, former mayor of Buffalo, New York, in 1886.

No mayor of a major American city has become president.

http://www.citymayors.com/politics/usa-mayors-white-house.html

With few exceptions, Jefferson had little sympathy for the people who lived in cities. "The mobs of great cities add just so much to support of pure government as sores do to the strength of the human body," he wrote. Jefferson idealized the “virtuous” farmer and small artisan of rural America: “I think our governments will remain virtuous for many centuries as long as they are chiefly agricultural… When [people] get plied upon one another in large cities… they will become corrupt."

Lolz.

I wonder what he'd think of Northampton now? I've spent a little tim there. I don't think ole' Cal would fit in very well in today's Pioneer Valley.