Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m hearing the constitution condoned slavery
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,985

Ask Owl or H - noted Constitutional scholars.

I actually typed that with a straight face. I'm fucking hilarious.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    That was an excellent article. Thank you.

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I will note that my recent book Taboo: Ten Facts You Can’t Talk About makes this same point at some length, pointing out that quite a few contemporary Black problems have very little to do with slavery. For example, the Black rate of “illegitimate” out-of-wedlock childbirths was 11 percent in 1938, barely 70 years after slavery ended, but today hovers around 74 percent—and the illegitimacy rate today is approximately 35 percent for American whites. The welfare policies of the 1960s frankly have been a greater cause of this multi-colored social issue than racialized oppression 150 years ago. The same could be said of a dozen other issues, from opioid and cocaine abuse to high rates of local incarceration, which seem to bedevil our poor white countrymen roughly as much as blacks, while having little effect on West Indian immigrants who are also almost entirely descended from slaves.

That just an example of how selective and pernicious whitey's racism really is in America.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

I will note that my recent book Taboo: Ten Facts You Can’t Talk About makes this same point at some length, pointing out that quite a few contemporary Black problems have very little to do with slavery. For example, the Black rate of “illegitimate” out-of-wedlock childbirths was 11 percent in 1938, barely 70 years after slavery ended, but today hovers around 74 percent—and the illegitimacy rate today is approximately 35 percent for American whites. The welfare policies of the 1960s frankly have been a greater cause of this multi-colored social issue than racialized oppression 150 years ago. The same could be said of a dozen other issues, from opioid and cocaine abuse to high rates of local incarceration, which seem to bedevil our poor white countrymen roughly as much as blacks, while having little effect on West Indian immigrants who are also almost entirely descended from slaves.

That just an example of how selective and pernicious whitey's racism really is in America.

Viva descendants of sugar cane slaves.

Pon du Replay dat shit.

• Options

That was an excellent article. Thank you.

The website is pretty extensive too. Apparently there are more Uncle Toms in this country than previously imagined. The leftists need to get busy. TDS is cutting into their bread and butter work.

https://1776unites.com/scholars

I would encourage everyone here to read the essays on their site. Very good stuff.
    Somebody help H with the big words.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m hearing that the USA is the only nation in history of humanity to have the evils of slavery.
    USA invented it
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

Slavery being a problem for today's African American community is such bullshit.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Slavery being a problem for today's African American community is such bullshit.
    It explains all the problems in the black community today. 70 plus % of all black kids born out of wedlock? Slavery and white racism is to blame.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,105
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

It explains all the problems in the black community today. 70 plus % of all black kids born out of wedlock? Slavery and white racism is to blame.
    Welfare, foodstamp and section 8 slavery maybe.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,757
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

SFGbob said:

Slavery being a problem for today's African American community is such bullshit so profitable.