Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fire Hop, Hire Beilein

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He’ll carry on Pete’s okkkg guy legacy for sure.

Would actually be a great hire though. The man can coach college bball.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    This was my first thought when I heard he was DAO in Cleveland.

Won't happen of course, so some other school will be making a F4 run in the next three years.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,832
    Hire him yesterday for $1. Make Cleveland pay the difference.

Pay off zone guy with money they'd have had to pay zone guy anyway.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,327
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Yep rumor is he got tired of doing what it takes in college ball
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    5 good years would be great. We hire a younger coach and he’s leaving if he does well anyways. This won’t happen but it would be awesome if it did.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

That shit was a stupid controversy. Nobody was supposedly even that mad until the media got a hold of it and blew it the fuck outta proportion.
  • Options
    IceManLikeGervinIceManLikeGervin Member Posts: 331
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2020
    Hire him so he can can the players thugs? Then lie about it and say that he meant slugs? Travis DeCuire (Montana/Mercer Island HS) would be a better hire... Or Mark Pope (BYU/Newport HS). I would rather the UW hire Brandon Roy (Garfield HS) than John Beilein.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Hire him so he can can the players thugs? Then lie about it and say that he meant slugs? Travis DeCuire (Montana/Mercer Island HS) would be a better hire... Or Mark Pope (BYU/Newport HS). I would rather the UW hire Brandon Roy (Garfield HS) than John Beilein.

Jesus. I would take Beilein in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,099
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    “Duck Phillips” Beilein?

Okay...just don’t let him drink.

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I've been in favor of old white coaches for a long time. Hop has dampened that enthusiasm, but not enough to turn me off of a sure winner like Beilein.
  • Options
    Fuck all these old racist white men coaching mostly African American student athletes...Beilein is a slave driver who got away with it in college but not in the NBA.

Brandon Roy over a coach that made two title games? Fuck outta here with that.
    Fuck all these old racist white men coaching mostly African American student athletes and getting paid millions...Beilein is a slave driver disguised as a basketball coach who got away with it in college but not in the NBA.
  • Options

Jesus. I would take Beilein in a heartbeat.
    Yeshau Ben Yosef. Old white men stuck in stereotypes need to go retire their time is done time for a new era coaches to come up.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Fuck all these old racist white men coaching mostly African American student athletes...Beilein is a slave driver who got away with it in college but not in the NBA.

Fuck all these old racist white men coaching mostly African American student athletes and getting paid millions...Beilein is a slave driver disguised as a basketball coach who got away with it in college but not in the NBA.
    Facts are a bitch ... too bad that half of the UW coaching staff are African Americans
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Tequilla said:

Facts are a bitch ... too bad that half of the UW coaching staff are African Americans
    Facts are facts and your facts are not on point like Dale Ellis you are off guard. The UW coaching staff is Mike Hopkins, Dave Rice, Jerry Hobbie 3 white guys plus Cameron Dollar & Will Conroy. Furthermore, Mike Hopkins and his Trump Cabinet looking basketball staff need to get the fuck outta Montlake ASAP. Mike Hopkins has 12 staff positions to fill under him as per the UW's men's basketball roster on the UW's official athletic site but has only 2 African Americans on his staff- Conroy and Dollar. At least Romar always had a basketball staff that was diverse, inclusive not exclusive. Mike Hopkins will recruit African Americans recruits (12 of 13 scholarships athletes are African American) but he won't hire them outside of the 2 that he requires to mediate between him and African American recruits.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,491
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Facts are facts and your facts are not on point like Dale Ellis you are off guard. The UW coaching staff is Mike Hopkins, Dave Rice, Jerry Hobbie 3 white guys plus Cameron Dollar & Will Conroy. Furthermore, Mike Hopkins and his Trump Cabinet looking basketball staff need to get the fuck outta Montlake ASAP. Mike Hopkins has 12 staff positions to fill under him as per the UW's men's basketball roster on the UW's official athletic site but has only 2 African Americans on his staff- Conroy and Dollar. At least Romar always had a basketball staff that was diverse, inclusive not exclusive. Mike Hopkins will recruit African Americans recruits (12 of 13 scholarships athletes are African American) but he won't hire them outside of the 2 that he requires to mediate between him and African American recruits.
    So UW should hire coaches based on their race. Got it. Ty and Romar agree with you. UW kept them around too long in part because of their race. Worked out well.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,832

This got weird.

Mama McDaniels got a screw loose.

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This got weird.

Too weird to masturbate to?
  • Options