Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bloomberg stumping for the farm vote

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
edited February 2020 in Tug Tavern

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

Elitist dem gonna elitist dem. Urban centers lap this shit up, the cool kids love to denigrate “flyover country”. It’s ironic that the weakest and truly least informed among us have such a misplaced sense of self worth. An extended power outage without fossil fuel to run backup energy supplies would literally cleanse (by Stalin’s methods) large urban centers.

Rule 1? Mods?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

Elitist dem gonna elitist dem. Urban centers lap this shit up, the cool kids love to denigrate “flyover country”. It’s ironic that the weakest and truly least informed among us have such a misplaced sense of self worth. An extended power outage without fossil fuel to run backup energy supplies would literally cleanse (by Stalin’s methods) large urban centers.

What these dipshits fail to understand is the United States of America is a republic, a collection of states banded together for the common good. Some bring value in terms of agriculture or natural resources or scenic beauty or whatever....others bring value in terms of diversity and population and trade, for example.

The progs frame everything in terms of 'what we want' without regard to what, at times, is almost the polar opposite of their own agenda. But the balance is the secret sauce of why there aren't 8 different countries in a North American version of Europe.

The Euros fucked it up with the EU taking it too far in trying to govern the individual, cultural and regional interest of the UK - so they left that shitshow.

If the progressive left gets what they want and continues the central-party-knows-best on how to live one's lives, we are fucked. Bloomberg is just the latest in that arrogant mindset.

Are u saying diversity is our strength
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,097 Standard Supporter
    Farming has gone high tech.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Farming accounts for just a hair over 1% of the labor force. Bloomberg is a elitist idiot, but the idea that these comments will kill his chances is silly.

He has plenty of other things will kill his chances. He won’t even be top 3 in the primary.
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    edited February 2020
    Yes it won’t matter a bit in the farm belt to farmers, farm laborers their families and the businesses that depend on farmers in 2020. What a moron.
    edited February 2020
    Actually: Agriculture and its related industries provide 11 percent of U.S. employment. In 2017, 21.6 million full- and part-time jobs were related to the agricultural and food sectors—11.0 percent of total U.S. employment.

I’m sure the percentage is much higher in some of the Midwest swing states.

But of course this would only matter in a close election.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    DJDuck said:

Actually: Agriculture and its related industries provide 11 percent of U.S. employment. In 2017, 21.6 million full- and part-time jobs were related to the agricultural and food sectors—11.0 percent of total U.S. employment.

You’re missing the poont.

This is like thing number 459 for why Bloomberg won’t win. I don’t disagree with you, but he has bigger problems.
  • PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    edited February 2020

DJDuck said:

This is like thing number 459 for why Bloomberg won’t win. I don’t disagree with you, but he has bigger problems.
    Agree

Stop and Frisk
    Being a Billionaire
    Sexual harassment allegations

Are much larger problems he has to deal with. These things need to be dealt with in order to even make it to the championship round. The farmers fiasco is just fodder if he actually gets their in the first place.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,531 Standard Supporter

DJDuck said:

Agree

Stop and Frisk
    Being a Billionaire
    Sexual harassment allegations

Are much larger problems he has to deal with. These things need to be dealt with in order to even make it to the championship round. The farmers fiasco is just fodder if he actually gets their in the first place.
    Yet they kicked the little yella guy with decent ideas and no TDS to the curb.

DJDuck said:

You’re missing the point. This isn’t helping the Democrats or him. You are just the typical liberal that just doesn’t get why Trump won and the Democrats are losing the narrative.

If you read Bloomberg’s put down it was not just farmers but also American’s that worked with their hands on machinery. Coupled witth the fact that many Dems want to eliminate Union healthcare programs the damage is much more severe than you admit to.

The middle and working class have seen the arrogance and condescension of the Democrats. Most are fed up with their crap. Bloomberg just reinforced the things they have discovered.

• DJDuck said:

DJDuck said:

You’re missing the point. This isn’t helping the Democrats or him. You are just the typical liberal that just doesn’t get why Trump won and the Democrats are losing the narrative.

If you read Bloomberg’s put down it was not just farmers but also American’s that worked with their hands on machinery. Coupled witth the fact that many Dems want to eliminate Union healthcare programs the damage is much more severe than you admit to.

The middle and working class have seen the arrogance and condescension of the Democrats. Most are fed up with their crap. Bloomberg just reinforced the things they have discovered.

I think his point is that Bloomberg is more than likely not even going to win the primary.
    edited February 2020
    I don’t think we needed him to tell us that. Bloomberg is not just hurting himself BUT is reinforcing stereotypes of Democrats as arrogant condescending elites that only come around every few years to get votes and don’t give a damn about the working and middle class. IMO Trump will get North of 15% of the Black vote in 2020. Blacks are beginning to realize they are being used too. Every slip up like Bloomberg’s and his ilk gives rise to future former Democrats.