Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

After Attending a Trump Rally, I Realized Democrats Are Not Ready For 2020

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited February 2020 in Tug Tavern
I’ve been a Democrat for 20 years. But this experience made me realize how out-of-touch my party is with the country at large.

https://gen.medium.com/ive-been-a-democrat-for-20-years-here-s-what-i-experienced-at-trump-s-rally-in-new-hampshire-c69ddaaf6d07

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    I “walked away” over 40 years ago due to similar issues. For me it was primarily the overtly repugnant behavior of the left, coupled with a pessimistic message that leaned heavily on government solutions that is the hallmark of the Democrat party. This in complete contrast to an optimistic and libertarian leaning wing gaining traction on the other side. Reagan converted a large number of lost souls.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Me too👍🏻

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    DJDuck said:

I’ve been a Democrat for 20 years. But this experience made me realize how out-of-touch my party is with the country at large.

https://gen.medium.com/ive-been-a-democrat-for-20-years-here-s-what-i-experienced-at-trump-s-rally-in-new-hampshire-c69ddaaf6d07

Look at all of them fucking racists.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

And the biggest question of all was this: Did I hate Trump so much that I wanted to see my country fail just to spite him and everyone who voted for him?

The reality is that many people I spoke to do disagree with Trump on things. They don’t always like his attitude. They wish he wouldn’t tweet so much. People who are in cults don’t question their leaders. The people I spoke with did, but the pros in their eyes far outweighed the cons. They don’t love him because they think he’s perfect. They love him despite his flaws, because they believe he has their back.

And thus, the lesson of the bell curve is summarized.

Rather easily 34-17.

Bell curves are pretty much institutionalized racism imo
  • Options
    After reading this I'm about 90 percent sure this chick is gonna get death threats lol
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,939
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

And the biggest question of all was this: Did I hate Trump so much that I wanted to see my country fail just to spite him and everyone who voted for him?

The reality is that many people I spoke to do disagree with Trump on things. They don’t always like his attitude. They wish he wouldn’t tweet so much. People who are in cults don’t question their leaders. The people I spoke with did, but the pros in their eyes far outweighed the cons. They don’t love him because they think he’s perfect. They love him despite his flaws, because they believe he has their back.

Rather easily 34-17.

Winners win.

• Options

Rather easily 34-17.

Charles Murray was physically assaulted by @collegedoog at Middlebury for his musings on the bell curve
    https://newrepublic.com/article/156330/charles-murray-never-going-away

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,887
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    One of the big problems is polarization.

An example is guns: Over 80 percent of Americans agree there ought to be greater gun control. But the vocal, Alex JOnes, tinfoil hat types who think the government wants to take away guns yell at their elected officials.

The SJW fags on the far left do the same thing about any and every social issue. The truth is they're only about eight percent of the population, but they're the ones that yell at their elected officials constantly.

Talk radio and cable news don't help much...and now a lot of articles are just click bait to rile one side up, or both sides...
  • Options

An example is guns: Over 80 percent of Americans agree there ought to be greater gun control. But the vocal, Alex JOnes, tinfoil hat types who think the government wants to take away guns yell at their elected officials.

The SJW fags on the far left do the same thing about any and every social issue. The truth is they're only about eight percent of the population, but they're the ones that yell at their elected officials constantly.

Talk radio and cable news don't help much...and now a lot of articles are just click bait to rile one side up, or both sides...

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,021

Constitutional rights are important things. Right now the left wants multiple rights and processes ripped from the constitution.

Fuck them!
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,021
    edited February 2020
    If it took police 63 rounds and AR15's to take down an armed suspect my wife might need 63 rounds and an AR15 to defend herself in our rural setting.

The public interacts with the same people as police.

Fortunately Surefire and Magpul both make reliable 60's.

That's a fact Jack!
  • Options
    Sledog said:

If it took police 63 rounds and AR15's to take down an armed suspect my wife might need 63 rounds and an AR15 to defend herself in our rural setting.

The public interacts with the same people as police.

Fortunately Surefire and Magpul both make reliable 60's.

That's a fact Jack!

I’ve said before - no problem with gun control laws limiting # of rounds and caliber of weaponry. So long as the military stationed within the borders and police are bound by the same limitations.

Quid pro quo, shall we say.