Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Duck fans

2»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,738
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

haie said:

Sorry to rile up the Springfield trailer park...

Don't twist on me haie. I am as cynical about college coaching as they come. I get it. They pay him huge and then likely goes on an average run of nothing special. That's the likely scenario.

My only point is that there's rarely much more to go on. What he's done thus far is more than enough to get him to another program. I joke about it but I'm also serious that I'd love Miami to give him a run. He believes in a style that I believe in, and as I told every single poster here, and was mocked for it, that he can recruit like a mother fucker, and I was right.

Nobody who has ever coached at Oregon has brought in talent like he has in two short years. And he picked it up in shambles.

Mario is as worth a gamble as anyone south of an Urban-like guy, and those guys aren't going to Oregon ... or Washington.
    I agree overall it's just funny how the next 2-3 years at Oregon are still pretty foggy, like everyone else. I'd pay him 3.5 or something over 2-3 years and tell him if he can do this again he'll get top of the conference money and a longer term.

He didn't recruit the seniors that wanted to win and leave the program with better than a 4 win season and crushed by doog and beavlet...
    No, he didn't, but he's brought in plenty who have already contributed Yugely. Things are foggy because replacing a senior QB and O line always makes things foggy. But unlike under Helfire, there is talent in the bullpen.

He should get top 'o confrence money because he is top of the conference. Not saying much, but there you have it.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,430
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

Don't twist on me haie. I am as cynical about college coaching as they come. I get it. They pay him huge and then likely goes on an average run of nothing special. That's the likely scenario.

My only point is that there's rarely much more to go on. What he's done thus far is more than enough to get him to another program. I joke about it but I'm also serious that I'd love Miami to give him a run. He believes in a style that I believe in, and as I told every single poster here, and was mocked for it, that he can recruit like a mother fucker, and I was right.

Nobody who has ever coached at Oregon has brought in talent like he has in two short years. And he picked it up in shambles.

Mario is as worth a gamble as anyone south of an Urban-like guy, and those guys aren't going to Oregon ... or Washington.
    I agree overall it's just funny how the next 2-3 years at Oregon are still pretty foggy, like everyone else. I'd pay him 3.5 or something over 2-3 years and tell him if he can do this again he'll get top of the conference money and a longer term.

He didn't recruit the seniors that wanted to win and leave the program with better than a 4 win season and crushed by doog and beavlet...
    No, he didn't, but he's brought in plenty who have already contributed Yugely. Things are foggy because replacing a senior QB and O line always makes things foggy. But unlike under Helfire, there is talent in the bullpen.

He should get top 'o confrence money because he is top of the conference. Not saying much, but there you have it.
    Top conference money for 1 year is fine. Again, they should be cautiously optimistic. We've now seen 2 instances in football and 1 in basketball where the head coach wins with either a mix of his predecessors guys and his own or mostly his predecessors guys.

I just don't get not saying,"Look, that's awesome you won us a rose bowl but looking at how you did it we're going to give you top 4-5 money over 2 or 3 years, show us you're the best coach in the conference or with your recruiting it doesn't matter much and then we'll take care of you."

He's a fun head coach when everything is clicking. If he's worth so much right now I would assume he did something worthwhile in 2018 besides barely beat a burnout at home.
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Top conference money for 1 year is fine. Again, they should be cautiously optimistic. We've now seen 2 instances in football and 1 in basketball where the head coach wins with either a mix of his predecessors guys and his own or mostly his predecessors guys.

I just don't get not saying,"Look, that's awesome you won us a rose bowl but looking at how you did it we're going to give you top 4-5 money over 2 or 3 years, show us you're the best coach in the conference or with your recruiting it doesn't matter much and then we'll take care of you."

He's a fun head coach when everything is clicking. If he's worth so much right now I would assume he did something worthwhile in 2018 besides barely beat a burnout at home.
    That's reasonable. When you're the AD, you also have to be mindful of who you are and the odds you lose a rising talent.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

haie said:

From the guy who’s cranked to 11 on the riled up dial from sun up to sun down.
    Congratulations on being boring as fuck Mike.
    Sorry to rile up the Bellevue kale crew.

• ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Are you ready to commit after two years? I'm not sure there is a choice these days but then again coaches break these deals all the time.

I'm all in, pay the man. Whatever it is, Miami will be able to afford it anyway. Let's at least make it hard.
  • ramenduck said:

Are you ready to commit after two years? I'm not sure there is a choice these days but then again coaches break these deals all the time.

I'm all in, pay the man. Whatever it is, Miami will be able to afford it anyway. Let's at least make it hard.
    Miami doesn't have the money you think it does. Most rich people in Miami could care less about football.

ramenduck said:

Miami doesn't have the money you think it does. Most rich people in Miami could care less about football.
    Couldn't care less.

And that's true. Miami doesn't have a huge athletic budget.