Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Duck fans

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Are you ready to commit after two years? I'm not sure there is a choice these days but then again coaches break these deals all the time.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I remember when UCLA did this for Mora. Worked out well for UW
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I would have done it for Rick but we already had overpaid to steal him
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Don't sign it Mario. It'll make you more expensive for Momma. We need that $$ to seed a stadium fund.
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    More confident with CMC than I would be with Lake.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

More confident with CMC than I would be with Lake.

Really? More confident with a two year coach who won the Rose Bowl than Lake

I am shocked
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,456
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Signing him to a long term deal after one successful season would be laughable stupidity. I almost want this more than a Phil Knight terminal brain tumor.
  • Options
    haie said:

Signing him to a long term deal after one successful season would be laughable stupidity. I almost want this more than a Phil Knight terminal brain tumor.

Pretty much every sports organization does this. You have a coach who's come in and done what he's done, it would be VERY typical. Washington would do exactly the same thing. It wasn't just one season. You could see it coming last season. From a complete shit show under Helfrich, Oregon was on an upward trend in 2018 and everyone knows it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Pretty much every sports organization does this. You have a coach who's come in and done what he's done, it would be VERY typical. Washington would do exactly the same thing. It wasn't just one season. You could see it coming last season. From a complete shit show under Helfrich, Oregon was on an upward trend in 2018 and everyone knows it.
    He did in 2019 what UW did in 18 with one less loss (he had some close games to shitty teams like Beavlet, good on him) and played Wiscy in the Rose. He had an experienced team and quarterback like UW did as well.

They had a good year and it depends on what the terms of the deal are (haven't checked), but I'd pump the breaks on giving him "you're going to keep doing this" kind of money.
  • Options
    ToiletSeatToiletSeat Member Posts: 150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He also won his NY6 bowl game.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Haie back to doogin it up
  • Options
    haie said:

haie said:

He did in 2019 what UW did in 18 with one less loss (he had some close games to shitty teams like Beavlet, good on him) and played Wiscy in the Rose. He had an experienced team and quarterback like UW did as well.

They had a good year and it depends on what the terms of the deal are (haven't checked), but I'd pump the breaks on giving him "you're going to keep doing this" kind of money.
    It's an entire crap shoot anyway. It's hard to deny that he took what was there and made it better, and he's recruited extremely well. He also made an ace hire in Avalos.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Cuz if there’s one thing oregon doesnt have, it’s money to pay the buyout if needed...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sorry to rile up the Springfield trailer park...
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,042
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

haie said:

Exactly, you dumb fuck. How much money was peterman making?
  • Options
    haie said:

Don't twist on me haie. I am as cynical about college coaching as they come. I get it. They pay him huge and then likely goes on an average run of nothing special. That's the likely scenario.

My only point is that there's rarely much more to go on. What he's done thus far is more than enough to get him to another program. I joke about it but I'm also serious that I'd love Miami to give him a run. He believes in a style that I believe in, and as I told every single poster here, and was mocked for it, that he can recruit like a mother fucker, and I was right.

Nobody who has ever coached at Oregon has brought in talent like he has in two short years. And he picked it up in shambles.

Mario is as worth a gamble as anyone south of an Urban-like guy, and those guys aren't going to Oregon ... or Washington.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    edited February 2020
    haie said:

From the guy who’s cranked to 11 on the riled up dial from sun up to sun down.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Don't twist on me haie. I am as cynical about college coaching as they come. I get it. They pay him huge and then likely goes on an average run of nothing special. That's the likely scenario.

My only point is that there's rarely much more to go on. What he's done thus far is more than enough to get him to another program. I joke about it but I'm also serious that I'd love Miami to give him a run. He believes in a style that I believe in, and as I told every single poster here, and was mocked for it, that he can recruit like a mother fucker, and I was right.

Nobody who has ever coached at Oregon has brought in talent like he has in two short years. And he picked it up in shambles.

Mario is as worth a gamble as anyone south of an Urban-like guy, and those guys aren't going to Oregon ... or Washington.
    I agree overall it's just funny how the next 2-3 years at Oregon are still pretty foggy, like everyone else. I'd pay him 3.5 or something over 2-3 years and tell him if he can do this again he'll get top of the conference money and a longer term.

He didn't recruit the seniors that wanted to win and leave the program with better than a 4 win season and crushed by doog and beavlet...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Congratulations on being boring as fuck Mike.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 876
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2020

I remember when UW did this for *insert HC name since 1993*. Worked out well for UO.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2020
    haie said:

haie said:

Congratulations on being boring as fuck cranking this site’s page views to 11,Mike.