Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

You won't have Andrew Yang to kick around anymore

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I think Yang as entitlements Czar to clean some things up would give it a bipartisan look

Too soon. Too damn soon.

I need some time.....

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I think Yang as entitlements Czar to clean some things up would give it a bipartisan look

His plan would eliminate so much wasted money on administrative costs alone. I imagine he could clean up a lot of other things as well.
  • Options

His plan would eliminate so much wasted money on administrative costs alone. I imagine he could clean up a lot of other things as well.
    Agree on that. However, his party would make UBI an addition-to welfare, etc., not replacement-of.
    No way to reasonably pay for that. So you’re probably right.

I don’t think he’d support a plan that was doomed to fail from the start though.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Agree on that. However, his party would make UBI an addition-to welfare, etc., not replacement-of.

I don’t think he’d support a plan that was doomed to fail from the start though.
    I have a hard time imagining a Democrat congress, or even GOP, repealing any measure of welfare even if it was replaced with something else.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have a hard time imagining a Democrat congress, or even GOP, repealing any measure of welfare even if it was replaced with something else.
    That's the basis for my pipe dream. I think Trump would actually consider adding Yang and working with him to fix entitlements to at least provide some cover. But the entrenched establishment would be formidable against it

As we saw this week Trump's budget that cuts spending increases by 4 trillion and extends a balanced budget out 10 years is being greeted as an attack on the poor, women, and minorities

Cuts spending increases. Not spending.

Nothing changes
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    Swaye's Wigwam

That's the basis for my pipe dream. I think Trump would actually consider adding Yang and working with him to fix entitlements to at least provide some cover. But the entrenched establishment would be formidable against it

As we saw this week Trump's budget that cuts spending increases by 4 trillion and extends a balanced budget out 10 years is being greeted as an attack on the poor, women, and minorities

Nothing changes
    I'd pay good money just to see the shitshow on the Left if Yang "defected" to the Nazis.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Truly incredible about how Yang drops out and all of a sudden everyone in the media wants to talk about how he was such a great candidate

Really makes you wonder

Water is wet. He was always the best Dem candidate.
    I would have voted for him in the general.

Sad but not surprised to see him go.
    lmao

why?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

This is so true and the reason why so many opposed the idea, but never understood how he wanted to implement it correctly.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

This is so true and the reason why so many opposed the idea, but never understood how he wanted to implement it correctly.
    Just need more tim to get his own legislators in there?
  • Options

Nothing changes
    I'd pay good money just to see the shitshow on the Left if Yang "defected" to the Nazis.
    The left didn’t like him that much, and he’s a vocal critic of Trump. It would never happen.