Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Funny that CirhossisFag ran away....

124»

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,940
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

@dnc is sincere. He might be alone but I don't doubt him

The national prayer breakfast is kind of a melding of state and religion IMO leaving it ripe for the kind of attacks seen here. Does Ihlan get to pray to Allah? Serious question.

They should have just had a pancake breakfast and a fight in the parking lot after

Separation of church and state simply means the government can not have an approved or official religion. Nothing more.

They came from England to escape the Church of England.

Anyone read what the founders thought of Mooselimbs? Interesting.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,004
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Doogles said:
    Just another reason to like the SOB, he doesn't take their shit and he fights back.
    it makes me cringe and yet I sometimes find it fucking refreshing
    Also cringey
    What's cringey about calling bullshit on bullshit?
    It's at the National Prayer Breakfast.

He has plenty of other opportunities to (rightfully) shit on Pelosi.

There's such a thing as a tim and plac.
    You should know he doesn't care by now.
    I'm well aware he doesn't care. Shit I've been saying this since at least 2015.

I'm still allowed to CARE even if he doesn't.
    Yeah, but do you also THINK. (Obligatory)
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I think the best way to protect my religious freedom is to keep it as far away from the government as possible

agree
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Doogles said:
    Just another reason to like the SOB, he doesn't take their shit and he fights back.
    Also cringey

Until the RATs do it and pravda runs cover. Don't play their game.
    I'm not playing anyone's game.

I get that most people here don't gaf about the National Prayer Breakfast.

I actually do.

This isn't what it's supposed to be about.

I understand I'm not going to persuade any of you who dgaf about it.
    No one in their right fucking mind gives a fuck about the National Prayer Breakfast. Especially not Donald Trump

That is a voting base that he has to pander to

Most of the loonies who do truly give a fuck about some corny, aristocrat "prayer breakfast" know that Trump really doesnt give a fuck. They know he is a socially liberal playboy. They do however like his policies and so do most people with more than 5 brain cells functioning (Dems therefore excluded)

So they don't care when he takes shots at some truly evil people who hate them, their religion, and what they stand for in almost all aspects of life.

Pelosi is as much a practicing Catholic as I am.

Hth

No fair! What's the Catholic Church ever done to hurt anyone?
    @SanduskyDidNoWrong
    @SanduskyDidNoWrongDawg, true?
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Doogles said:
    Also cringey

We're suddenly concerned about decorum?
    It's got shit to do with decorum. Trump took something that wasn't about him and made it about him. As always.
    Um, like EVERYTHING, every day has been about Trump on all the networks and in every newsroom in the Country. He's the greatest thing for media ratings - and rantings - since 9/11 or the first Gulf War.

You seriously have to be kidding me that it's improper to question a rival's sincerity just because it's a prayer breakfast. Trump was attacking Pelosi's fake piety she deployed when she was cornered by a reporter.

Would you be complaining if he did the same to Falwell, like McCain did at Bob Jones U?
    It's completely inappropriate.

And yes I would.
    Would you say it was inappropriate for jesus to whip the money changers?

You can doubt Trump's faith I guess but are you going to tell me that old Nancy is doing anything other than using religion for her own ends. Her faith is hilariously fake and well documented here in California.
    Oh man Jesus and the money changers.

NO, It wasn't inappropriate. Jesus was not defending himself he was defending His father. His motivation wasn't selfish but devotion. And of course he wasn't bringing any arrogance or pride to the situation.

I can doubt Trump's faith you guess? lol. Thanks?

I don't disagree with anything whatsoever about Nancy. She's incredibly fake. I just don't think this was the setting for it to be addressed.
    Hate to drop this in the middle of a serious debate, but there's ain't no Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, or God.

Whatever floats your boat, chaps, is fine with me and I'll defend your right to believe what you want, no matter how absurd.

But I find it inhumane to abide total fantasies.
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Doogles said:
    Also cringey

It's got shit to do with decorum. Trump took something that wasn't about him and made it about him. As always.
    Um, like EVERYTHING, every day has been about Trump on all the networks and in every newsroom in the Country. He's the greatest thing for media ratings - and rantings - since 9/11 or the first Gulf War.

You seriously have to be kidding me that it's improper to question a rival's sincerity just because it's a prayer breakfast. Trump was attacking Pelosi's fake piety she deployed when she was cornered by a reporter.

Would you be complaining if he did the same to Falwell, like McCain did at Bob Jones U?

And yes I would.

You can doubt Trump's faith I guess but are you going to tell me that old Nancy is doing anything other than using religion for her own ends. Her faith is hilariously fake and well documented here in California.

NO, It wasn't inappropriate. Jesus was not defending himself he was defending His father. His motivation wasn't selfish but devotion. And of course he wasn't bringing any arrogance or pride to the situation.

I don't disagree with anything whatsoever about Nancy. She's incredibly fake. I just don't think this was the setting for it to be addressed.
    Hate to drop this in the middle of a serious debate, but there's ain't no Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, or God.

Whatever floats your boat, chaps, is fine with me and I'll defend your right to believe what you want, no matter how absurd.

So you think we're all just randomly here?
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Doogles said:
    Also cringey

And yes I would.

So you think we're all just randomly here?
    We're not randomly here at all, you moron.

Go back to story time, child.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    We are in an advanced civilization's petri dish lab 5th grade science experiment. Duh
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,563
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We are an Asgard colony
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,917
    If I like my prayer closet can I keep it?

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,876
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Doogles said:
    Also cringey

And yes I would.

I almost got into this with an ex the other day. She kept asking me about where we came from.

Heck if I know, but I don't think a virgin was impregnated by magic and a dead Jew rose from the dead 2000 years ago or walked on water
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,829
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Doogles said:
    Also cringey

Until the RATs do it and pravda runs cover. Don't play their game.
    I'm not playing anyone's game.

I get that most people here don't gaf about the National Prayer Breakfast.

I actually do.

This isn't what it's supposed to be about.

I understand I'm not going to persuade any of you who dgaf about it.
    Imagine thinking a prayer breakfast is a place for sermon seekers. Imagine that.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Doogles said:
    Also cringey

And yes I would.

I almost got into this with an ex the other day. She kept asking me about where we came from.

Heck if I know, but I don't think a virgin was impregnated by magic and a dead Jew rose from the dead 2000 years ago or walked on water
    But you don’t know that didn’t happen either.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Doogles said:
    Also cringey

And yes I would.

But you don’t know that didn’t happen either.
    As always. We must defer to Race on this as He was there!!!
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    What the fuck is a prayer breakfast anyway
  • Options

What the fuck is a prayer breakfast anyway

Code for a Gay Orgy.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Doogles said:
    Also cringey

And yes I would.

Hey, in my world if you want your prayer breakfast you can keep it. No problem with religion as long as it isn't in government in my world.

All that said, you've essentially got a bunch of politicians being fake religious and your going to be upset at the guy calling it out for what it is but not the politicians being fake?

I guess it would be better to fake pray while having un-christian thoughts about what he'd like to do to ol Nancy.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,970
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Lots of failed Christians out there. Like all of us, which is sort of the whole point of the religion. But the sanctimonious of some politicians is off the charts. Stretch started the fight. Trump just finished it. Trump is definitely an opportunist. One of my original problems with him. But, today he is my kind of opportunist except for the spending thing. Right now, Christians in Congress or the state legislature aren't costing me a dime. The green gaia socialist religionists are costing me thousands. In Oregon, they want my gas prices to go up another 22 cents a gallon. And that's just the start. My free speech and 2A rights are not under attack from Christians. Scratch a leftist find a fascist.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Trump always trolls the dems by making them get outraged over shit americans dont give a fuck about Ukraine? 0.

How many even know about a prayer breakfast? 0.